1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Kids,kids,kids...

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Whatsup.
    bungaboy, m0de25 and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-04-13 07:11 PM
    Whatsup.
    ... they want to have fun
    nquyen likes this.
    09-04-13 07:19 PM
    A lot of companies make sense but all I hope for is the best deal.

I'd like to see Google, Samsung, IBM or Cisco in that order.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:27 PM
    I hope we all rewarded for our patience

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:32 PM
    I am trying to figure out what I see in this picture . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry-nasdaq-sep-4-2013.jpg
    09-04-13 07:37 PM
    So, did anyone watch the late night podcast Kevin did like 2 days ago? Kris, from The LeakTeam, told viewers that the the 12th September date is actually the date when BlackBerry announce 10.2 and it's also when they'll be pushing it out to carriers for them to push it out to us. No word on xBBM and did re-confirm that BlackBerry is indeed working on an Instagram app and regarding a release date, is anyones guess.
    Randeman, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-04-13 07:38 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY NASDAQ Sep 4 2013.jpg 
Views:	1047 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	198618
    Greeeeeeen

But mikhou sees a ton of red and um loving it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:40 PM
    I think the instagram app is just waiting for 10.2 release. Thought I heard that somewhere...stocktwats maybe?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 07:41 PM
    I think the instagram app is just waiting for 10.2 release. Thought I heard that somewhere...stocktwats maybe?
    ROFL. Made me laugh out loud . . . . . . Stocktwats. Good one.
    09-04-13 08:11 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY NASDAQ Sep 4 2013.jpg 
Views:	1047 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	198618
    This, maybe ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.jpg
    "Hello, Prem, how are you tonight ?"
    P.S: couldn't sleep until I read all the comments in CBK's post. Depressing, BTW.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-13 08:13 PM
    A sample of the short interest...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-chart.jpeg
    09-04-13 08:14 PM
    Makes sense, but, besides the hardware software division, isn't the same exactly applies to MSFT/NOK ?
    MS would have made a very likely contender. But they are an American company, already-in with enterprises, already in cars (Ford Synch). So, yeah, they could also be very interested in acquiring or partnering with BlackBerry but I think they are just slightly less likely than Samsung. Given that they just spent $7B for Nokia, they may not be very interested in spending this money again.

That said, combining patents from all three Nokia, BlackBerry (via acquisition or licensing) and Windows Phone's own patents would make Microsoft very formidable in patent-wars! So, that's another angle!

Whilst I loved reading your post and you did make good points, the only issue I have with the security point is that they seemed pretty well confident in announcing that the Note III will come preloaded with Knox. They also signed a deal with some malware security firm called Lookout, BBC News - Samsung beefs up Knox malware protection with Lookout they seem to be in bed with Google, whilst having an affair with Tizen and prostituting Lookout over in San Francisco.
    Yes - they are pumping money on Tizen as well as Knox but that's mainly because they don't have a choice. They ARE very interested in reducing dependence to Android and they are very interested in security (so they can enter gov and enterprise market). Right now, in smartphone business, when it comes to enterprise and security (both combined), BlackBerry seems to the the only game in town. So, Samsung is spending money in developing their own solution. But they know it'd take lot of time. And in the same-amount-of-time MS and Apple aren't going to sit idle. They too must be working on some security related enhancements.

So, if they acquire or license BlackBerry 10, they can easily give-up efforts on Knox and write-off whatever they've invested. And gain a HUGE advantage, be ahead of Apple and Microsoft in security related offerings.

It won't be the first time. Nokia ditched Symbian, ditched Meego. Other companies have done similar stuff. Samsung can giveup Knowx and Tizen and simply invest in developing/growing BlackBerry as their alternative (or hedge) to Android.

how do you get around National Security test?
    Not sure what you are implying. Are you saying that NSA / Gov won't allow a Chinese/Korean company to own BlackBerry? Well, they allowed Lenovo to own IBM Thinkpad. I don't think it's so much out of realm of possibility.

On the other hand, if you were suggesting that BlackBerry hasn't passed some NSA security test? I think BlackBerry has passed all security tests there are. They certainly have more security certifications than their competitors.
    09-04-13 08:21 PM
    its the Canadian Net Benefit test.
    Foreign Investment in Canada: The Net Benefit Test
    Recent Notable Reviews under the Investment Canada Act

In May 2008, the Government of Canada rejected the proposed takeover of the information system and geospatial businesses of MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. by a U.S.-based company on the grounds that the transaction was not likely to be of net benefit to Canada. This was the first time that a transaction was rejected under the Act.

In November 2010, the Government of Canada sent a notice indicating that it was not satisfied that the proposed takeover of Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. by BHP Billiton, headquartered in Australia, was likely to be of net benefit to Canada. BHP Billiton subsequently withdrew its application for review under the Act.

In February 2011, the Government of Canada stated that the proposed merger between the Toronto Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange will be reviewed under the Act.
    Not sure what you are implying. Are you saying that NSA / Gov won't allow a Chinese/Korean company to own BlackBerry? Well, they allowed Lenovo to own IBM Thinkpad. I don't think it's so much out of realm of possibility.
    On the other hand, if you were suggesting that BlackBerry hasn't passed some NSA security test? I think BlackBerry has passed all security tests there are. They certainly have more security certifications than their competitors.
    silversun10 likes this.
    09-04-13 08:28 PM
    MS would have made a very likely contender. But they are an American company, already-in with enterprises, already in cars (Ford Synch). So, yeah, they could also be very interested in acquiring or partnering with BlackBerry but I think they are just slightly less likely than Samsung. Given that they just spent $7B for Nokia, they may not be very interested in spending this money again.

That said, combining patents from all three Nokia, BlackBerry (via acquisition or licensing) and Windows Phone's own patents would make Microsoft very formidable in patent-wars! So, that's another angle!
    I read good points here.
    Yet, Samsung embedding another OS ... unless it is dedicated to a - say - enterprise "niche" ... I believe they are pretty satisfied with Android right now.
    For MS, I believe they have interests in the patent portfolio (you nailed it) but furthermore in the Enterprise segment, where NOK is no help. They need (because they're not "all mobile") to make their server solutions BYOD, with a solid and proven "out of the box" offer. BB BES10 can offer that, with NOC and security as a bridal "gift".
    09-04-13 08:31 PM
    Today must be such a relief for BK, and the other mods.

Days like today are their weekends, when the market does the clean up!

09-04-13 08:44 PM
    AH closed at $10.98...$12 tomorrow please!!
    09-04-13 08:48 PM
    Today must be such a relief for BK, and the other mods.

Days like today are their weekends, when the market does the clean up!

Masterful and brilliantly said. :thumbup:
    09-04-13 08:58 PM
    AH closed at $10.98...$12 tomorrow please!!
    Baby steps.... $11.50. I am not going to ask for too much.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-04-13 09:04 PM
    its the Canadian Net Benefit test.
    Foreign Investment in Canada: The Net Benefit Test
    Recent Notable Reviews under the Investment Canada Act

In May 2008, the Government of Canada rejected the proposed takeover of the information system and geospatial businesses of MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. by a U.S.-based company on the grounds that the transaction was not likely to be of net benefit to Canada. This was the first time that a transaction was rejected under the Act.

In November 2010, the Government of Canada sent a notice indicating that it was not satisfied that the proposed takeover of Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. by BHP Billiton, headquartered in Australia, was likely to be of net benefit to Canada. BHP Billiton subsequently withdrew its application for review under the Act.

In February 2011, the Government of Canada stated that the proposed merger between the Toronto Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange will be reviewed under the Act.
    Yes, besides the Net Benefit the Cdn Govt also runs a test for the Cdn National Security on a take over, over a certain amount and BB would exceed that amount.
    danprown likes this.
    09-04-13 09:07 PM
    Please report above post. Spammer!

Edit... thanks mods
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-04-13 09:32 PM
    P.S: couldn't sleep until I read all the comments in CBK's post. Depressing, BTW.
    Wow, I don't want to leave this thread any more until the whole BlackBerry deal is done.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-04-13 09:37 PM
    Ok, I'm confused about what will happen to the short sellers if the Board and major shareholders agree to sell the company outright, rather than partner. Let's say the agreement is for $20/share.

Would short sellers:
    a) have to actually buy shares back and return them to the lenders, potentially causing the share price to spike?
    b) be able to just pay their lenders $20 per share in cash to wipe the debt clean, and thereby prevent a short squeeze?

In other words, do short sellers always have to return actual shares, or can they just pay the agreed to cash price?

I greatly appreciate any insight!
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-04-13 09:40 PM
    Actually, I've been swapping trucks the last two days and haven't been on much.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 09:44 PM
    Greeeeeeen

But mikhou sees a ton of red and um loving it.

Posted via CB10
    I think you never heard about Stop... that's why you are a bagholder and wll never sale your precious BBRY to crystalize profit ;-)

You must suffer a lot & be VERY SAD in your personal life to wish negative things to others...
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-04-13 09:48 PM
    When's the next ER?
    09-04-13 10:06 PM
107,458 ... 18451846184718481849 ...