View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If stores in the USA stop carrying bb10 phones, you can forget about app development going forward.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:14 PM
    The iPhone 3gs isn't in stores. It has many apps. They are just making way for the fresh z30. You don't see iPhone 4s on display either. The others don't innovate so they sit on display. They would need half the store to showcase bbrys line up
    Z10
    Q10
    Q5
    Z30. That's just bb10. Not bbos. Who else is pushing this many quality phones to market this fast?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:25 PM
    Side loading is definitely not the answer. Too complicated for the average consumer and usually not permitted on corporate phones. For the tech inclined folks it is great option to have, but side loading isn't an excuse or going to work in the general public. I am not sure BBRY has a year in the US consumer market. Enterprise, absolutely has another 6+ months but the reality is that the US consumer window is slamming shut as we speak.
    Side loading is a breeze. Not complicated whatsoever.

It is as easy as opening chrome, adding an extension in Chrome, putting phone in development mode with a swipe into settings and a tap into Security and Privacy, selecting a password, noting the IP4 address on the phone under settings then just drag and drop the apps onto the phone.

There are very good your tube instructions as well.
    09-02-13 05:32 PM
    Sideload is remarkably easier than posting 100s of threads about how we don't have any apps. The difference between us and the others is when we don't have an app personally can do something about it. Proactive!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-02-13 05:38 PM
    It's 0:41 here and these red2 eyes are not due to the flashlight alone
    There's a tight extra link between Canada and France !
    Great moment... and just realized after Ben and Michelle left that the shop next door was Orange with a huge BB10 ad inside... ha!
    But you can be sure we discussed BlackBerry together... and we are on the same boat here, floating to a long term promise land !

With warm cheers front Paris !

Edit: only a warmup for the $100 party !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000974.jpg

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-02-13 05:48 PM
    No teenage kid is going to want to sit infront of the laptop sideloading. It's the blunt truth. It's like comparing Android rooting, other than myself, I don't know anyone else who has rooted their Android device and it's certainly not a selling point. If BlackBerry had the app gap 75% closed and such an app arrived on Android, people will have someone sideload that particular app for them and it'll do them fine because it's a one off.
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-02-13 05:52 PM
    Sideloading is not the answer not because it is difficult, but because it is in a grey area of the law.

Blackberry cannot legally provide access to the Play Store, i.e. Google vetted apps. Blackberry cannot promote that consumers download and modify apps from the Play Store, without risking breaking the Terms of Service of the Play Store or of the licensing of the apps themselves. Blackberry cannot promote sideloading to average consumers. It is a legal minefield and not the answer, both for long term success of BB10, or for immediate selling pitch to consumers. That is why Blackberry has been mostly silent on promoting this feature to average consumers.
    rarsen and rodan01 like this.
    09-02-13 05:53 PM
    IF only it was as easy as installing directly from your phone (OTA) minus the conversion. It'll be Android minus....Android lol
    09-02-13 05:54 PM
    I disagree. Teenage kids spend the majority of their time in front of consumers downloading movies, music, and engaging in social activities -- games, facebook, etc. They won't sideload not because of technical difficulties or time, but because there is an easier alternative -- buying an Iphone or and Andorid phone.

No teenage kid is going to want to sit infront of the laptop sideloading. It's the blunt truth. It's like comparing Android rooting, other than myself, I don't know anyone else who has rooted their Android device and it's certainly not a selling point. If BlackBerry had the app gap 75% closed and such an app arrived on Android, people will have someone sideload that particular app for them and it'll do them fine because it's a one off.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-02-13 05:56 PM
    Side loading is not the answer....but mass BES10 Adoption is

If this happens, all will be well

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    09-02-13 05:56 PM
    They won't sideload not because of technical difficulties or time, but because there is an easier alternative -- buying an Iphone or and Andorid phone.
    Yeah.....isn't this the point I was trying to make?
    09-02-13 06:02 PM
    Side loading is not the answer because among the small percentage of consumers who would even consider it, most of them would soon realize that they're just doing work arounds for a inadequate ecosystem. The ones for whom having a second class experience is unacceptable would eventually give up on the platform.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-02-13 06:02 PM
    It would certainly appear so on second reading, in which case I just want to reinforce it.

Yeah.....isn't this the point I was trying to make?
    09-02-13 06:10 PM
    Doom and Gloom. Bravo. LoL. Same lines over and over.
    09-02-13 06:12 PM
    BlackBerry is dead.
    I'll take things I heard 4 years ago for 500 Alex.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:19 PM
    Oh, Oh, what if we pampered and spoon fed the entitled little ******* first? LoL

Heaven forbid they might have to think and have to produce.

Oh well. When an old DOS fart like me can dig it I thought it would be a breeze for these bright, smart whippersnappers.
    09-02-13 06:22 PM
    Oh, Oh, what if we pampered and spoon fed the entitled little ******* first? LoL

Heaven forbid they might have to think and have to produce.

Oh well. When an old DOS fart like me can dig it I thought it would be a breeze for these bright, smart whippersnappers.
    No matter what blackberry does or say, D&G Team will criticize it because that's what they suppose to do.
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    09-02-13 06:28 PM
    I'm honestly quite scared of the next earnings report.
    kfh227 and Kid Vibe like this.
    09-02-13 06:31 PM
    TH predicted loss for these earnings. And I am prepare for that. I am in there for atleast another year. Or unless some one. buys me out.
    So D&M team, you just can't make me change my mind.
    09-02-13 06:42 PM
    Doom and Gloom. Bravo. LoL. Same lines over and over.
    I have a feeling most will crawl back to into the shadows tomorrow....
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-13 06:52 PM
    Edited as the post referenced is deleted by the mods.

Thanks, mods!
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and Elite1 like this.
    09-02-13 06:54 PM
    OK, late work in progress, use ignore, thanks.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-02-13 06:55 PM
    Lol. Direct challenge to BK with virgin ID.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-13 06:56 PM
    Lol. Direct challenge to BK with virgin ID.
    Had 5 posts in 4 minutes after joining.
    They lasted for 5 minutes.
    I am assuming so did the username.
    09-02-13 07:00 PM
    It was just another pissed off reincarnation. Maybe the next will be a bit more stealthy. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 07:03 PM
113,251 ... 18231824182518261827 ...