View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    BB has been struggling in Australia for a while now. Not exactly one of their stronger markets nor an influential one. Thanks for the link though.
    Remember the infamous "wake up" stunt? I think of it whenever Australia and blackberry is brought up.

RIM owns up to anti-Apple 'protest' stunt in Australia
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile

The whole thing was just too bizarre.
    08-31-13 04:16 AM
    Wondering what kind of extended messaging system they may use next. Oh wait, they're WP...
    #justsayin'

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000937.png

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    08-31-13 04:58 AM
    Accidental use of in-app search is sometimes...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000938.png
    +
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000940.png
    +
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000941.png
    = ?

A) you're drunk already ?
    B) no idea
    C).... is that BBMwp twitter account, really ?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    08-31-13 05:26 AM
    Remember the infamous "wake up" stunt? I think of it whenever Australia and blackberry is brought up.

RIM owns up to anti-Apple 'protest' stunt in Australia
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile

The whole thing was just too bizarre.
    I loved it. But I'm French.
    Wake up was IMHO far better than Keep Moving, but didn't serve the plan objectives : don't go frontal, stay in the shadow.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-31-13 05:31 AM
    Accidental use of in-app search is sometimes...

A) you're drunk already ?
    B) no idea
    C).... is that BBMwp twitter account, really ?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    I have to say, you are steadfast in your convictions.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-31-13 05:56 AM
    OK, greasy fingers, but I said I will remind basics to new readers. Also, do not hesitate to read OP....

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-31-13 at 06:17 AM.
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-31-13 06:03 AM
    08-31-13 06:09 AM
    I have to say, you are steadfast in your convictions.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Stubborn Capricorn...

Datz from my funky Q5 Babe
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-31-13 06:23 AM
    My instincts tell me that we may have some stock moving news this coming week. They've been too quiet up until now and competitors are getting ready to release new hardware. What seems to be a coincidence is that not only is Apple releasing new hardware in Sept, but Samsung too. Looks to me BlackBerry is getting ready to indirectly tell folks that they can download BBM on their shiny new, plastic, budget iPhone 5S and their gigantic Galaxy Note III. (I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung announce xBBM themselves on Wed)

I'm down with BlackBerry to become a niche player, but it that may be the end of their hardware. Could they not scale down on hardware and focus on software? There's nothing like having an arguably superior "niche" phone to taunt around with lol.

In other news, you're now looking at Junior Editor over at blackberryempire.com, I started yesterday and I'm overwhelmed as hell! But don't worry, I'm still faithful to CrackBerry, this is where it all started.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 08:18 AM
    08-31-13 08:19 AM
    My instincts tell me that we may have some stock moving news this coming week. They've been too quiet up until now and competitors are getting ready to release new hardware. What seems to be a coincidence is that not only is Apple releasing new hardware in Sept, but Samsung too. Looks to me BlackBerry is getting ready to indirectly tell folks that they can download BBM on their shiny new, plastic, budget iPhone 5S and their gigantic Galaxy Note III. (I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung announce xBBM themselves on Wed)

I'm down with BlackBerry to become a niche player, but it that may be the end of their hardware. Could they not scale down on hardware and focus on software? There's nothing like having an arguably superior "niche" phone to taunt around with lol.

In other news, you're now looking at Junior Editor over at blackberryempire.com, I started yesterday and I'm overwhelmed as hell! But don't worry, I'm still faithful to CrackBerry, this is where it all started.

Posted via CB10
    Great! Congrats for your new "hat" !

bungaboy, Bilaal, 3_M4N and 3 others like this.
    08-31-13 08:33 AM
    I think if you look back at the beginning, SuperFly was mainly showing his faith in BlackBerry and encouraging other to buy littlestock so they could feel like they were part of something. At that time it had leveled off after the great fall and for a while was a little stable and there weren't any big changes. But last year when it fell back down to the $6 range and then jumped up to $18 there were some that were gloating and hoping that it would just keep going up and up. And many other showed up hoping to cash in on the rise - it became more of a let's make some quick money on BBRY than a let's support a company that make phones we like.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be part of something.
    Nothing wrong with having faith in something.
    Just have to be careful "converting" others that aren't fully aware of the consequences.
    The bolded part is true, i.e. buy to show your support, but part of it was a call to action as well. Take a look at the original post that launched this epic thread on Nov 2 2011 (RIMM $19)

Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.

How many of us (and friends) can afford this ? I don't know ...
    But if we actively buzz this, it may ... oh, yes, I'm a dreamer...
    But just imagine 10% of BB users claiming five shares ...

P.S: Yes, I'm a part of the 99% : I have no other share anywhere.
    Play attention to the second paragraph, bolding mine. "if we actively buzz this, it may..." is a call for a collective action. And don't forget that the poll question "Did you buy shares? Yes, I'm acting now!" which asked if you joined the action.The nature and purpose of the thread has morphed many times since then and that's perfectly fine, but the intent of the original post is plain to see.

Is this still relevant 1.5 years later? Maybe not, more important that how the thread started is what the thread turned into. However, there are those who insist that they know what the thread is for, and try to use this to drive away everyone who doesn't agree with them. This thread has changed over the months and it keeps changing. No one, not even the OP, can choose which of different forms of the thread is the correct one.
    08-31-13 08:40 AM
    Thanks for typing my thoughts out!
    It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-31-13 09:15 AM
    The bolded part is true, i.e. buy to show your support, but part of it was a call to action as well. Take a look at the original post that launched this epic thread on Nov 2 2011 (RIMM $19)

Play attention to the second paragraph, bolding mine. "if we actively buzz this, it may..." is a call for a collective action. And don't forget that the poll question "Did you buy shares? Yes, I'm acting now!" which asked if you joined the action.The nature and purpose of the thread has morphed many times since then and that's perfectly fine, but the intent of the original post is plain to see.

Is this still relevant 1.5 years later? Maybe not, more important that how the thread started is what the thread turned into. However, there are those who insist that they know what the thread is for, and try to use this to drive away everyone who doesn't agree with them. This thread has changed over the months and it keeps changing. No one, not even the OP, can choose which of different forms of the thread is the correct one.
    Not sure what you try to demonstrate here.
    The general mood is "I care about the stock because I support BlackBerry ". We can pinpoint and cut hairs in 4 for ages, it won't change this basis.
    You seem to be prompt to search any counter-anything you can grab to gain [I reaaly don't know what].
    This is maybe why some do not understand why you are still posting here. Are you a Robin Hood or something ?
    Frankly, I do my best to stand as conciliant and civil, but you'll always want to have the final word. So, I'll give it to you, right away. My pleasure :
    NOTAFANBOY IS PERFECTLY RIGHT AND I AM TOTALLY WRONG, whatever I write.

08-31-13 09:32 AM
    Contraire mon ami..

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    08-31-13 09:48 AM
    Look Superfly, I don't understand how escalated to an ultimatum so quickly. You accuse me of claiming to be "perfectly right", but you ignore the conclusion in my last paragraph which plainly says the opposite: that no one can be perfectly right. i.e. "No one, not even the OP, can choose which of different forms of the thread is the correct one."

I was not trying to dictate what the thread was about, in fact I was saying that no single person can pick and choose from among the many forms the thread has had over the years. Also to make it clear: I was not criticizing you, I was continuing a discussion on the history of the thread.

I don't understand the Robin Hood reference. Rob from the rich, give to the poor? Outlaw rebelling against abusive local sheriff? Rebel leading a bunch of Merry Men? I'll answer your question but let me know which context you were referrring to.
    08-31-13 09:48 AM
    FYI...that large Q5 order I mentioned a couple days ago began rolling out yesterday....was fun to watch the excitement as they discovered and explored.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:52 AM
    Look Superfly, I don't understand how escalated to an ultimatum so quickly. You accuse me of claiming to be "perfectly right", but you ignore the conclusion in my last paragraph which plainly says the opposite: that no one can be perfectly right. i.e. "No one, not even the OP, can choose which of different forms of the thread is the correct one."

I was not trying to dictate what the thread was about, in fact I was saying that no single person can pick and choose from among the many forms the thread has had over the years.

I don't understand the Robin Hood reference. Rob from the rich, give to the poor? Outlaw rebelling against abusive local sheriff? Rebel leading a bunch of Merry Men? I'll answer your question but let me know which context you were referrring to.
    Roger that. I may have read somehow in diagonal, sorry.
    My bad.

In France whe use the Robin Hood analogy to describe someone who's fighting either against the "powerfull people " or any establishment.

To bring back some amusement here, the vision of you in green tights with a feather hat was also refreshing !

notfanboy likes this.
    08-31-13 09:58 AM
    FYI...that large Q5 order I mentioned a couple days ago began rolling out yesterday....was fun to watch the excitement as they discovered and explored.

Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty... oh, crap, it's already mentioned in my signature !

08-31-13 10:01 AM
    That's cool Superfly. While you were typing your reply, I had added a sentence (middle paragraph) to the post you quoted clarifying my intent.

And no, I don't see myself as a an anti-establishment type with regards to authority. However this is somewhat correct because I do see myself as a skeptic, a self-description I've volunteered a few times in the past. I do like to question pseudoscience, religion, alternative medicine, fanboy beliefs and things of that nature.
    08-31-13 10:06 AM
    Man in tights, that's all...lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-31-13 10:07 AM
    Man in tights, that's all...lol
    The thought of what other forum members (male or female) are wearing has never, ever crossed my mind. Not that there's anything wrong with it! It's perfectly fine. It doesn't creep me out in the least, and do whatever floats your boat!
    08-31-13 10:20 AM
    It is saturday morning!!!!!!!!
    I was once told that, "there are thousands time more people out side the mental hospital than inside".
    08-31-13 10:21 AM
    I like the word "cool".
    Let's keep it that way

Edit: we are the skeptics here; cauz' we're not legion!

08-31-13 10:41 AM
    Self vacuum cleaned !

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-31-13 at 03:33 PM.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-31-13 10:45 AM
106,010 ... 18171818181918201821 ...