View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    M+8

You seem fairly confident that there is an interested party acquiring bbry shares. I'm wondering why there was not a spike in volume at about 1:30 when the share price began moving north? It would seem if a purchaser existed that they might have back up the truck from about 1:30 to 1:45. Thanks.

When I got to Nasdaq site and look at intraday data, there does not appear to be any signs of a large party accumulating shares. I only had time to look for 1:30 to 1:33.
    08-14-13 03:30 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-22-.jpg
    +
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000451.png
    =

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-6-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, difabs, m0de25 and 4 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:31 PM
    Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic...

Posted via CB10
    I'm serious. It's good to see others with a positive attitude. I'm also serious about beer-thirty!
    08-14-13 03:33 PM
    Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic...

Posted via CB10
    Nah, he wasn't being sarcastic or malicious in any way... LC is a very easy going guy with a positive outlook. Always quick to celebrate even the slightest gains, and extremely supportive of the stock and of this group.

Finally, he's always looking for an excuse to drink beer!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, rarsen and 12 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:35 PM
    And I'm falling off the back of the wagon tonight. Won't need to wantingly watch all the posts and dream of ho gardens. By the time I'm done, I'll be seeing them all over the place
    Luckily we're traveling slow lately so falling off won't hurt so bad. lol.. Go easy and give a light beer a try. Keeps my athletic body on all the lady's radar. Oh wait, that's looking in the mirror AFTER the beers. lol
    08-14-13 03:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (22).jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	192521
    +

Name:	IMG_00000451.png 
Views:	1017 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	192522
    =

Name:	images (6).jpg 
Views:	1110 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	192523

Posted via CB10
    It is so hot here!!!! definitely finding a patio after work and drinking beers till I don't feel hot anymore.
    08-14-13 03:37 PM
    I'm serious. It's good to see others with a positive attitude. I'm also serious about beer-thirty!
    Lol, cool Enjoy your beer, pal!
    BergerKing and lcjr like this.
    08-14-13 03:42 PM
    I heard gsc bear was seen today. As for as I know, there were no baits out. What gives?
    Last edited by sidhuk; 08-14-13 at 06:12 PM.
    08-14-13 03:45 PM
    It is so hot here!!!! definitely finding a patio after work and drinking beers till I don't feel hot anymore.
    Why do you think I like beer-thirty so much?? El Paso Texas is right between the border of Mexico and Hell. If it's cooler than 93F it's a reason to celebrate.
    08-14-13 03:45 PM

Name:	images (22).jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	192521
    +

Name:	IMG_00000451.png 
Views:	1017 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	192522
    =

Name:	images (6).jpg 
Views:	1110 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	192523

Posted via CB10
    Cool!
    I'm going to take off early and head to Teds for some bison meat and margarita.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:47 PM
    I heard gsc bear was seen today. As was I know, there were no baits out. What gives?
    I know eh? I was wondering what the trigger was today too.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 03:48 PM
    Me too, can't explain why

Finally, he's always looking for an excuse to drink beer! [/QUOTE]
    08-14-13 03:49 PM
    We didn't close at $11.09 though that morgan hoped for though, so is this a bearish sign for tmr? rally slowing maybe?
    Hey slipstream89!!

To by correct, the 50-dma was at $ 11.09/shr/US this morning before the market opened. At the close, the 50-dma is $ 11.04/shr or right where we closed! Sorry if I didn't update my target for you! I also said I would like it to get over the 50-dma this week, not necessarily today. The stock is doing extremely well here, very bullish as it still closes in the green on days with no news and it should be resting. We gapped up 3 times in a row without filling those gaps, yesterday we fell back and filled a gap at resistance, now, we are set to pop above the 50-dma and rally again. I'm looking for the mid to high $ 12.00's on this rally.

This is remarkable considering we have no news other than our regular board members asking for some ideas for the company. Big rally on such little news. It doesn't hurt that Prem stepped aside, now that's very interesting news. Any additional gains this week are just gravy from here. GL
    abouthsu, lcjr, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:49 PM
    For any BB10 baseball fans:

MLB.com At Bat 2013 is free for a limited time (regular price is $9.99)

Go into BlackBerry World, swipe down from the top bezel, and click Redeem. Use promo code: mlb1000
    It seems the promo code beta testing went well. Nice toast notifications too.
    leafs123, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:51 PM
    Greek to me but this shows Blackberry still putting things out.

BlackBerry 10.2 Simulator Arrives With Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    08-14-13 03:52 PM
    Thanks morgan for the update! your work is of course always valued and appreciated!
    Just some news from marketwatch, surprised actually as they usually publish bearish news
    10 ways BlackBerry beats the iPhone - Slide Show - MarketWatch

*edit not really news but still a nice compilation
    08-14-13 03:56 PM
    Greek to me but this shows Blackberry still putting things out.

BlackBerry 10.2 Simulator Arrives With Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    Yup, full steam ahead. (or, for the landlubbers... go fast, turn left)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-14-13 03:57 PM
    M+8

You seem fairly confident that there is an interested party acquiring bbry shares. I'm wondering why there was not a spike in volume at about 1:30 when the share price began moving north? It would seem if a purchaser existed that they might have back up the truck from about 1:30 to 1:45. Thanks.

When I got to Nasdaq site and look at intraday data, there does not appear to be any signs of a large party accumulating shares. I only had time to look for 1:30 to 1:33.
    Sparkaction!!

Buyers aren't on the peddle 6 1/2 hours each day, they buy hard like Monday/Tuesday and back off for a day and let the sell orders pile up. The goal, when you control the news, is to buy cheap. If you know that you aren't making an offer to buy the company for 3 weeks, you would drop the stock, buy more, back it up again and try to get best pricing. When the date for the release of the news is near, you might see a real spike in the price of the stock. They are in the drivers seat here, that's why I suggest not watching it too closely as it will drive you nuts. Beer was invented, along with steak etc., and I think strip clubs, just for this very issue. You come back to the board and try not to count share trades all day, that chart looks just as good after 18 holes of golf!!!

I'll be away tomorrow, I don't care what happens to the stock until we get our first real clue as to what Microsoft is thinking. I personally think a deal is done for Prem, he is first mover on all of this, owning a ton of stock and everyone else is at a huge disadvantage to him now. If he loses the bid to take it private, he'll make off with a bundle on his holdings. BBRY is doing extremely well this week. GL
    m0de25, lcjr, Bugmapper and 17 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:58 PM
    I think at this point the share prices are solely driven by the rumors and the behind the door negotiation leak. One key factor that can really drive up the share prices is an announcement from the Canadian government that they will not block any acquisition from foreign interest.
    Hopefully a final sale @ $16~18 will be reached soon.
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 03:58 PM
    For the record you and your family charges are on me at the $100 party! I hope I am first on this.
    Hey slipstream89!!

To by correct, the 50-dma was at $ 11.09/shr/US this morning before the market opened. At the close, the 50-dma is $ 11.04/shr or right where we closed! Sorry if I didn't update my target for you! I also said I would like it to get over the 50-dma this week, not necessarily today. The stock is doing extremely well here, very bullish as it still closes in the green on days with no news and it should be resting. We gapped up 3 times in a row without filling those gaps, yesterday we fell back and filled a gap at resistance, now, we are set to pop above the 50-dma and rally again. I'm looking for the mid to high $ 12.00's on this rally.

This is remarkable considering we have no news other than our regular board members asking for some ideas for the company. Big rally on such little news. It doesn't hurt that Prem stepped aside, now that's very interesting news. Any additional gains this week are just gravy from here. GL
    08-14-13 04:01 PM
    This is sick. What is going on with BB? Why the whipsaw over the past 24 hours? I am listening to Bloomberg Radio right now, CNBC hammers BB most of the time, but unfortunately so is Bloomberg right now, however, not as terse. Maybe we will see a rally this afternoon, usually we do at lunchtime, but not today by the looks of it. Any news on Prem? I have heard nothing.
    L O N G. LoL
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 04:05 PM
    For the record you and your family charges are on me at the $100 party! I hope I am first on this.
    I hope I can buy all of you a dinner when we get to that $ 100 party! LOL

Here is a better chart if you are concerned about the 50-dma, it's the 50-ema and it is a smoothed chart with greater attention to the latest trades:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-14a-2013-chart.jpg

Now you can see that we have already cleared the 50-ema, we are above it and basing out at support for another rally with everything pointing to $ 13.50/shr as our target. So watch the $ 10.80/shr area for support over the remainder of this week, if we stay above that indicator, we are going much higher from here, remember, this is a gap that we are trying to fill now. Looks so much better when we are trying to rally every day doesn't it? Well the same logic that kept us negative for 22 straight days is now working for us on the upside.
    08-14-13 04:10 PM
    I hope I can buy all of you a dinner when we get to that $ 100 party! LOL

Here is a better chart if you are concerned about the 50-dma, it's the 50-ema and it is a smoothed chart with greater attention to the latest trades:

Name:	BBRY August 14a 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	192527

Now you can see that we have already cleared the 50-ema, we are above it and basing out at support for another rally with everything pointing to $ 13.50/shr as our target. So watch the $ 10.80/shr area for support over the remainder of this week, if we stay above that indicator, we are going much higher from here, remember, this is a gap that we are trying to fill now. Looks so much better when we are trying to rally every day doesn't it? Well the same logic that kept us negative for 22 straight days is now working for us on the upside.
    I'll go ahead and place my order then. I'll have the XXL steak (medium rare), baked potatoe fully loaded, ceasar salad, ranch style beans, cornbread, and cold beer. Thanks Morgan!! lol
    08-14-13 04:16 PM
    I know eh? I was wondering what the trigger was today too.
    I was bored yesterday and am guilty of sending out the invitation.
    But i should have realised that they don't work that way, what they need is for BB to be red!
    THAT, to them, is the red carpet!
    08-14-13 04:21 PM
    I didn't understand the last paragraph, what does Microsoft do that Google doesn't?
    Scroogle?
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-14-13 04:22 PM
113,256 ... 17241725172617271728 ...