View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    That damaged my credibility with my son.
    Since buying his first batch of stocks couple days ago, he had been asking me lots of questions. One of which was the 10:30 dip.
    I said "yeah, that's quite normal for BBRY." He said "will that happen again tomorrow daddy?" "Probably" I said.

Anyway, he (9 years old) set a goal of gaining 10% this year. He is happy that he had already reached that in two days - spoiled kid! LOL...
    I love it!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    08-13-13 11:00 AM
    Sorry if i seem like a noob here, but what happens to our shares if they do go private?
    08-13-13 11:01 AM
    Im hoping for a healthy pull back so I can jump back in
    08-13-13 11:02 AM
    Sorry, but I think we have suffered thru enough of those.
    m0de25, cjcampbell, take99 and 8 others like this.
    08-13-13 11:04 AM
    Wow was up to 12.54 tsx on my account at one point! I am sub 10k loss now...who wouldve thunk I would take that as a positive lol
    Yeah.... we had lost our cars at the end of June... found the rims yesterday....and the tires today. Still need to find the rest of the pieces before lcjr can help us put it all together!
    08-13-13 11:05 AM
    Looks like it just happened.
    BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 11:07 AM
    Oh, also this was the first day post er that I actually logged in and checked my account. I just didn't want to see it in black and white before today.
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-13-13 11:09 AM
    ok guys, gotta get the kids out of this trailer and doing something other than electronics. lol
    Nobody hit that sell button prematurely ok!? We have to get this thing well past $21 for me to consider
    the possibility!
    08-13-13 11:11 AM
    there will be a negotiated buy out price they will pay for your shares, so if they agreed on say $17 per share you will receive that

Sorry if i seem like a noob here, but what happens to our shares if they do go private?
    erodenero likes this.
    08-13-13 11:14 AM
    Let this be a lesson to me and weak balls.

Not to sell - All those losses I could have recovered. =( SOOOOOOO SOUR.

Love you all and wishing you all the best!!

I'm in with 383 shares.

SO FREAKING SOUR.

If we're all lucky this thing will reach that $18 + Premium and i'll be able to recoup all those losses and then some.

Until then - PARTYYYYYYYYY.
    08-13-13 11:14 AM
    IMO, if today's voloume hits over 100 mill will see close to $14 today.
    Sale or no sale, good move from blackberry to get rid of the hedge funds type of shorts. This gives it time to make it through the second phase. If it does receive any offers which i beleive it will as part of this plan, that would be a bottom/floor share price and sale doesnt have to happen. Great move blackberry and thanks to the wall street media for pissing Prem off.
    08-13-13 11:16 AM
    Wow was up to 12.54 tsx on my account at one point! I am sub 10k loss now...who wouldve thunk I would take that as a positive lol
    Same for me.
    sidhuk, take99 and BlackistheBerry like this.
    Let this be a lesson to me and weak balls.

Not to sell - All those losses I could have recovered. =( SOOOOOOO SOUR.

Love you all and wishing you all the best!!

I'm in with 383 shares.

SO FREAKING SOUR.

If we're all lucky this thing will reach that $18 + Premium and i'll be able to recoup all those losses and then some.

Until then - PARTYYYYYYYYY.
    I am hating myself even more now. It wasn't that I was weak. Margin calls killed me and forced me to take the whole loss. Now I just sit here and watch and regret everything even more.
    Compaqee, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    08-13-13 11:17 AM
    Yeah.... we had lost our cars at the end of June... found the rims yesterday....and the tires today. Still need to find the rest of the pieces before lcjr can help us put it all together!
    It's strange you use the analogy of us losing our cars in June. Almost creepy. The morning of the ER I told my wife we just lost a brand new corvette and had no insurance. Have you been talking to my wife?
    08-13-13 11:17 AM
    I am hating myself even more now. It wasn't that I was weak. Margin calls killed me and forced me to take the whole loss. Now I just sit here and watch and regret everything even more.
    I know the feels, trust. <3
    08-13-13 11:18 AM
    Had a minor heart attack - I saw BNP on my list @ 12.99 - thought it was BB. ALMOST....s*** myself. LOL.
    08-13-13 11:20 AM
    I am going to respectfully suggest that Book Value for a tech company, especially one like BBRY whose future is uncertain is not a great metric. No more than EPS is right now, which BTW is negative. They help, but when the landscape is changing as quickly as it is in this sector and for BBRY, the book value snap shot and the EPS figures are very fleeting. We need to know and guess what will happen in the future, not what was captured by BV or EPS.
    I'd have to agree, especially since we've been at or above book value for less than a week since Thor became CEO

I think if there's a Fairfax/CPP/OTPP type deal we're getting a real low ball offer as well
    08-13-13 11:21 AM
    But I thought bbry was going to 4.50?
    08-13-13 11:22 AM
    Looks like it just happened.
    If you consider still up ~10% a pullback. OK with me. LoL
    damn, wish I had bought more shares when it was in the 8s...
    If sale happens in next 60 to 90 days, IMO between $26 and $35. This is based on calculations in my head and 50% of the calculations are based on GSSTATCOUNTER and i spelled it in capital bold. Lets see and wait ....... 4,,3,,,,,,,,,,,,2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1
    Any firm who has decided to help BB go private should be buying up their 50,000,000 shares - 10% stake now...why wait for $20.

If Venezuela had paid BB what they owed, and the US carriers had released BB10 earlier, we would still be at $15 x 40% = $21 TO.

All this talk about NSA spying.... media never mentions that 5 years ago terrorists attacked Mumbi hotel using BlackBerries to communicate. BBM encription was given to Indian Gvmnt, but email on a BES is still secure. Maybe those terrorists were the only smart ones!
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 11:24 AM
    No worries. Your could get back in with a new ACB but of course this is a high risk move.
    08-13-13 11:25 AM
    Hi lcjr!!!

Welcome back bud! You missed a decent rally yesterday as news came out that Prem Watsa stepped down from the board so as not to conflict with management decisions. He likely wants to take BlackBerry private with the help of some Canadian Pension Funds. The media have been all over this news by reducing most of BB's asset valuation down to silly levels. The target price for all assets is around a $ 14.00/shr average which is just plain stupid. Meanwhile, we'll see X-BBM launch in the next few weeks and finally get some colour on how well BES10 is doing along with the Q10 phone. The company chose a perfect time to stir up the media and shorts with some interesting talk about "other" options. They formed a "special committee" of the same people who sit on the board every day and the media fell for it!! LOL That's like four of us starting the exact same thread as Superfly created here, and calling it "new" and improved. The media went for it and managed to downside the value of BlackBerry over a matter of minutes.

Meanwhile, the stock is rallying because Prem, The Teachers Fund and CPP could be amassing a huge position in the stock here and shorts are going to a BBQ of their own. This is too much fun, we are heading into a Q2 with plenty of new products, news and a full quarter of multiple handset sales, you know, that hardware division that is worth less than a dollar to BlackBerry but the same one that produces over $ 232 in ASP to the bottom line? So now we know handsets aren't worth anything to BB because analysts told us so, we didn't meet their expectation in Q1 and therefore hardware is dead now.

Today we are right at the 50-dma ($ 11.09) which triggers buying from automatic fund allocation, many stocks would love to be over their 50-dma, like gold stocks, Apple, you know .... its a big deal. I'm looking for $ 12.50/shr in the days ahead, that's a good resting place while we wait for X-BBM to launch along with BB 10.2 which is a killer OS upgrade.

Here's the chart for today:

Attachment 192096

The RSI is climbing hard here, we are heading for overbought territory but, it doesn't matter because this rally is the real deal, we can stay over bought for weeks. The stock is outside the Bollinger Bands for the third straight day and that is really bullish too. The gap that we made on June 28th is about to get filled and that's where we will play until the company announces several news events. Then there is poor Prem, he has to announce that he has gone over 10% in his holding so that's news in itself. On this board, we picked up some new trolls!!! Yes, they are here and we love them. Some followers have sold their position in BBRY because they don't follow TA, sad really, but that's okay too.

Look for us to play around at the important 50-dma here and set ourselves up for a REAL rally. Great news, the surprising part is the media who aren't going to cave in and admit they are so wrong on the valuation of this play. Handsets are valuable when it is called "BlackBerry" they just haven't figured it out yet. Any sign of subs exits slowing down or X-BBM growing like wildfire and we have ourselves a rally here. When the stock continues to climb, and the media call the company dead, you have the potential for some real upside here. I'm looking for it to be taken out at a new 52 week high, dirt cheap at that level, and if you have to ask "why" you aren't in the right game! LOL

Good luck and welcome back!
    Thanks M8 for taking time to do this. Great read as always.

Forgot to add, not only have I not sold any shares since June 28. I have added more the day before to average down.
    08-13-13 11:26 AM
104,898 ... 17061707170817091710 ...