View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The buyers are trying hard to grab as many shares as possible while the stock is still dirt cheap so they will only have to pay top dollar to the few hold-outs (that would be Morgan, myself and hopefully a lot of you).
    No one is obligated to buy Blackberry. If shareholders hold out for too high a price, a deal may not materialize.

My recommendation is to maintain expectations and sell at an advantageous price while the rumor is hot rather than wait for the deal announcement.
    08-12-13 02:59 PM
    Ross Healy on BNN

BNN Video Player
    08-12-13 03:01 PM
    How does it work with prem? I remember before someone said he bought all the shares he is allowed too. And today someone said now hes going to buy more that he has left the board. Can an individual/company buy as many shares as they want on the open market?
    Prem has all the shares he can buy without needing to report changes in position within 3 days of making said changes.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:01 PM
    WTH???? even Gsstatcounter bait didnt work? all the residences moved on? something big must be in the pipeline.
    08-12-13 03:02 PM
    actually if they go private the shorts have to buy I believe.....sell at an advantageous price absolutely, I'm just trying to figure out what price and when...after today still well over a hundred million shares would need to be bought and returned by the shorts.

No one is obligated to buy Blackberry. If shareholders hold out for too high a price, a deal may not materialize.

My recommendation is to maintain expectations and sell at an advantageous price while the rumor is hot rather than wait for the deal announcement.
    bungaboy and Robert Halloran like this.
    08-12-13 03:05 PM
    lets not forget that deal to sell only part of the company will do the trick if the goal is to kick short's ****, increase stock price. this way the threat of selling rest of the pieces still looming to keep shorts away.
    08-12-13 03:07 PM
    Ross Healy on BNN

BNN Video Player
    Cliffs? Can not watch on z10 right now.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:09 PM
    lets not forget that deal to sell only part of the company will do the trick if the goal is to kick short's ****, increase stock price. this way the threat of selling rest of the pieces still looming to keep shorts away.
    I have a feeling that he's setting them up. Let?s see how this goes down. Don?t think they are ready to give up just yet.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and fedakd like this.
    08-12-13 03:12 PM
    As much as I'd like the shorts get burned, isn't the primary focus here to maximize our value in the company and/or secure long term growth/stability, and make money? That's all I care about.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, m1a1mg and Robert Halloran like this.
    08-12-13 03:15 PM
    As much as I'd like the shorts get burned, isn't the primary focus here to maximize our value in the company and/or secure long term growth/stability, and make money? That's all I care about.

Posted via CB10
    How about both? :d

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:17 PM
    WTH???? even Gsstatcounter bait didnt work? all the residences moved on? something big must be in the pipeline.
    Lol. Since I have been invoked, Statcounter has posted that the US bump is due to proxied data from Asia, ie not real and also related to BB7.

And of course I enjoy reading about people making money, but I hope people realize that the are looking at the death throes of the company. "Examining strategic options" means Plan A is not working out at all.
    08-12-13 03:18 PM
    Cliffs? Can not watch on z10 right now.

Posted via CB10
    Basically said, this is nothing new. Thor had said they will be looking at other options after the last earnings.

It's just people are coming out of the closet.
    08-12-13 03:18 PM
    They are going private, the next couple of quarters are going to be lousy I suppose. So they want out of the limelight.
    08-12-13 03:20 PM

You say what?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-foghorn9bighead.jpg
    08-12-13 03:25 PM
    Guys i really do not get that focus and the attention this thread has been paying to "Shorts".

You have to realize that people who take large short positions are :
    #1 quite sophisticated and know what they are doing trade wise ( then again there is Ackman too... ) and
    #2 they never go unprepared. ( ie : they are covered mostly )

So the legendary short squeeze we have been talking for months is not going to happen to the extent we would all have liked for the simple reason that whenever there is commotion around the stock the daily volume raises exponentially hence the short squeeze cannot be triggered to the desired effect.
    There can and will be squeezes just not of irrational proportions. Our hopes should rely with the company and its management ( ahem... ) and most of all the products we all love and support ! Success will definitely drive the stock up
    08-12-13 03:26 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-worked-graphic.001.jpg

well well well, we are being watched 24/7. LoL
    08-12-13 03:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, in my opinion, killing short-position or getting rid of large short-position is in the long-term interest of BlackBerry. There is a correlation between amount of short position and negative press ('BlackBerry is dying' narrative).

This constant negative-reporting most certainly hurts sales of BlackBerry devices. Customers don't buy because they think BlackBerry is no good, it's dying, it's old. BlackBerry gets more negative coverage because customers aren't buying. This creates a feedback loop. Negatively biased news leads to lowered sales and that leads to further negative news.

But if you got rid of large (influential, wealthy, sophisticated) short-sellers, I think you'll see a substantial drop in negatively-biased reporting as well. And that will help BlackBerry sell more. Which is good for BlackBerry in the long term.
    08-12-13 03:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It-worked-graphic.001.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	191938

well well well, we are being watched 24/7. LoL
    Goin' Bonkers are we? LoL
    cjcampbell, m0de25, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-12-13 03:37 PM
    Last week TH was talking about his phased plan and more time. Today we are talking sale. Something is not adding up.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-12-13 03:37 PM
    HaHaHa,
    I love this thread, makes me fee many years younger playing hide and seek with some of the residents here. life is too short to be doom and gloom but I am beginning to appreciate some of the residents here. they bring fun element to this place. I feel like releasing some of the usual suspects from my ignore list. accept the long name one. what do The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hide-seek-bear.jpgyou guys think? right thing to do or just it is my workout adrenals?
    08-12-13 03:38 PM
    Last week TH was talking about his phased plan and more time. Today we are talking sale. Something is not adding up.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't going private = time he wants?
    sidhuk and m0de25 like this.
    08-12-13 03:39 PM
    Wouldn't going private = time he wants?
    I suppose. But an outright sale wouldn't. The new management would call the shots.
    08-12-13 03:40 PM
    HaHaHa,
    I love this thread, makes me fee many years younger playing hide and seek with some of the residents here. life is too short to be doom and gloom but I am beginning to appreciate some of the residents here. they bring fun element to this place. I feel like releasing some of the usual suspects from my ignore list. accept the long name one. what do Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hide-and-seek-bear.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	191942you guys think? right thing to do or just it is my workout adrenals?
    The further the SP gets from $ 4.30, the safer it is to release the long name one from your ignore list.

Disclaimer - This is just an opinion and should in no way be taken as advice or recommendation for managing your ignore lists.
    YOU are solely responsible for what you do with your ignore list!
    sidhuk, La Emperor, m0de25 and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 03:48 PM
    The further the SP gets from $ 4.30, the safer it is to release the long name one from your ignore list.

Disclaimer - This is just an opinion and should in no way be taken as advice or recommendation for managing your ignore lists.
    YOU are solely responsible for what you do with your ignore list!
    Hahahahaha....... your disclaimer is the post of the day.
    08-12-13 03:53 PM
    08-12-13 03:54 PM
113,256 ... 16961697169816991700 ...