View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    One more thing:

When BBM cross platform comes out, and shows explosive growth (in user-signups). Combined with BBM channels; I think we'd get a lot of companies (Samsung, Microsoft etc) interested in bidding. Might get bidding war.

Brace yourself for bidding-war + short squeeze!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    08-12-13 02:43 PM
    I agree chrysaurora. This is going to be fun to watch!
    08-12-13 02:45 PM
    So with the Nasdaq on holiday how high will the TSX go tomorrow once all the Americans start buying?
    Tomorrow is a Nasdaq holiday?
    gg22 likes this.
    08-12-13 02:45 PM
    I agree chrysaurora. This is going to be fun to watch!
    Add fuel to the fire! Buy like hell!

Don't risk too much though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:46 PM
    Tomorrow is a Nasdaq holiday?
    Not according to this: http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=Calendar

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:46 PM
    No what I mean with all US not buying today Tommorow Nasdaq will play catch up. Will that then drive TSX stock even higher? We broke $11 today could we reach $12 tues cause of this?
    08-12-13 02:48 PM
    No what I mean with all US not buying today Tommorow Nasdaq will play catch up. Will that then drive TSX stock even higher? We broke $11 today could we reach $12 tues cause of this?
    Oh, you mean the difference in the TSX and Nasdaq prices? That is just because of the difference in the US and Canadian dollar. Nasdaq will only "catch" the TSX if the US and Canadian dollar are at par.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:50 PM
    S&P Capital upgrades BlackBerry to hold from sell, target raised to $11 from $9.50. Average Street target is now $10.26 US
    08-12-13 02:52 PM
    explosive growth seems to be a given with bbm to be pre-installed on Sammy devices in Africa...

One more thing:

When BBM cross platform comes out, and shows explosive growth (in user-signups). Combined with BBM channels; I think we'd get a lot of companies (Samsung, Microsoft etc) interested in bidding. Might get bidding war.

Brace yourself for bidding-war + short squeeze!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    08-12-13 02:53 PM
    I bought back in today. Ironic that as a supporter of the company that I am buying back in because the stock will go up because they are planning to sell themselves off because they are not doing well. Oh well, whatever works. Money is money.

Hopefully we can make some of that money back that we lost 2 months ago.
    08-12-13 02:55 PM
    well, seems like we're not going to see a certain shadowy figure get in at $4.50 anytime soon.......
    08-12-13 02:55 PM
    Over 50m shares traded so far today on the Nasdaq and it's not even 3:00pm yet. Think some shorts are starting to cover or are there buyers looking for a SP rise to profit on?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:57 PM
    Where is that shadow dude lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    Trying so hard to break $11 on Nasdaq...woo whoo
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:59 PM
    Over 50m shares traded so far today on the Nasdaq and it's not even 3:00pm yet. Think some shorts are starting to cover or are there buyers looking for a SP rise to profit on?

Posted via CB10
    My app tells me the volume is close to 74 million.
    08-12-13 03:00 PM
    Come on short sellers, keep on covering.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 03:02 PM
    In my opinion, the American consumer does look to celebrities and what products they are using....I have seen more than a few news bits where quite a few well known celebs have the new or legacy devices. To me, this should have been a major part of the campaign stateside, even just a 30 second spot with 15-20 of them in it, at then end maybe 5 of them repeating 'keep moving'. Usain Bolt - Keep moving...this would be gold. Failure on the part of Boulben and co imho.
    08-12-13 03:03 PM
    Sorry ignore all this. All wknd I was trying to see after hour shares and the Nasdaq kept reading Closed. So I looked up US holidays and today is one so I figured they must be closed today. With that in mind TSX would be at 11cdn today Nas still at Friday price so once Tuesday hit the Nas would shoot up fast, this then may cause another spike in TSX pushing TO up more. But that is all moot as there is no holiday today for the Nas. Sorry for long post
    08-12-13 03:06 PM
    In my opinion, the American consumer does look to celebrities and what products they are using....I have seen more than a few news bits where quite a few well known celebs have the new or legacy devices. To me, this should have been a major part of the campaign stateside, even just a 30 second spot with 15-20 of them in it, at then end maybe 5 of them repeating 'keep moving'. Usain Bolt - Keep moving...this would be gold. Failure on the part of Boulben and co imho.
    I agree. This is mostly a marketing failure.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 03:06 PM
    I bought back in today. Ironic that as a supporter of the company that I am buying back in because the stock will go up because they are planning to sell themselves off because they are not doing well. Oh well, whatever works. Money is money.

Hopefully we can make some of that money back that we lost 2 months ago.
    I feel the same way. However, I'm also happy to see Blackberry continue to survive and if they need to go private to do so then so be it. On another note - instead of going private if they announced a partnership with a large brand name then that would equate to a huge price gain and we'd still be in the game. Fingers crossed. Let's hope BBM is a successful cross platform launch.
    08-12-13 03:08 PM
    Busy banging the **** out of the bell...
    Is that lie ridin' the Town bicycle? Kinda sorta
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-12-13 03:10 PM
    It looks like once you pass 10% ownership, you are required to issue press release forthwith. No further purchases for one day. Once you hit 20% ownership, you have to provide all shareholders with takeover bid circular. Press release after close? Prem going for 20% in one shot?

Found the following quote here: CORPORATE GOVERNANCE - CANADA

Securities law requirements designed to achieve the first objective include:

The "early warning" system, which requires any party who acquires 10% or more of the voting or equity securities of any class to issue a news release forthwith. The party must wait a minimum of one business day before making any further acquisitions, and each subsequent acquisition of 2% or more of the securities of that class triggers the press release requirement again. The news releases must set out the purpose of the acquisition and any future intentions to increase ownership or control.

If as a result of the proposed acquisition the acquirer's holdings would exceed the 20% threshold, the offeror must provide all shareholders of the target with a takeover bid circular that contains detailed, prospectus-level disclosure about the offeror (extensive, if the acquisition would be paid for using its own securities) and its relationship to and holdings in the target issuer.

Within 10 days of the take-over bid, the directors of the target corporation must send each target shareholder a directors' circular in which they analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the bid and make a recommendation to accept or reject it.

The bid must remain open for at least 21 days. Any shareholder who deposits his or her securities to the bid can withdraw those securities at any time that the bid remains open, within 21 days after the bid closes, or within 45 days from the date of the bid if the offeror hasn’t taken up and paid for the securities.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 03:19 PM
    The Americans are going to steal yet again another Canadian company. Canada knows it has to insure they pay fair market value and keep the Americans honest. If not Canada will keep blackberry and take it private via CPP and/or teachers pension plan and or Watsa. It will be interesting who will be in the bidding war for blackberry.
    08-12-13 03:19 PM
    How does it work with prem? I remember before someone said he bought all the shares he is allowed too. And today someone said now hes going to buy more that he has left the board. Can an individual/company buy as many shares as they want on the open market?
    fedakd likes this.
    08-12-13 03:20 PM
107,421 ... 16941695169616971698 ...