View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Just read this article about BB going private.
    Exclusive: BlackBerry open to going private, sources say | Business | Reuters

If this happens then what is done with our shares?
    DItto.
    08-08-13 11:18 PM
    We vote.. look at Prem's price as a floor

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:21 PM
    That would be 9 billion..

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:22 PM
    This could cause a nice squeeze as the LBO would have a set price according to how the company is valued, people would buy hoping to make a profit. The tangible value was around $11 so people are looking around that as a starting point possibly. Good thing I have been averaging down since the stock dropped below $10
    08-08-13 11:37 PM
    I don't believe the message they're sending out. Even if the sources are saying this, there's a bigger story to it. Let's call it chess?

Morgan, what do you think?

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-08-13 11:41 PM
    A publicly traded company in order to go private has to go through some very thorough process. It ain't easy.
    Usually there has to be a very good reason for that and I absolutely see none here.
    Either way it would have to make a public offer ( usually higher than the currently trading price) and then that offer has to be accepted from the majority ( I am not sure how it is with TSX )

If I had to bet on this : not a chance in a trillion.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-08-13 11:43 PM
    We vote.. look at Prem's price as a floor

Posted via CB10
    Before voting, every share has to be called back. Shorts have to buy back and return every outstanding share. Or splitting the company in two for that matter.
    fedakd, bungaboy, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    08-08-13 11:44 PM
    So, the biggest surprise, according to Forbes is that BlackBerry lost market share in the US when comparing the 3 month average ending March against the 3 month average ending June.

He mentions that June was when both phones were out, however, the Q will appear for June for, maybe two weeks. Being that the figure is averaged over April/May/June it will also be lumped in with the months of falling marketshare due to there being zero new product.

I am surprised that he is surprised. Shame they couldn't pull out just the June figures.
    That would blow their cover.

No pun intended.
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    08-08-13 11:48 PM
    08-08-13 11:49 PM
    BBRY going private a la Dell (hopefully less contentious):

Reuters: BlackBerry leadership is open to the idea of going private
    08-08-13 11:52 PM
    Dell offer: 2.23x book value per share ($6.10) = $13.65

Applying same valuation metrics to BlackBerry: 2.23x $17.90 = $39.92.

Strangely close to what Prem thought BlackBerry was worth. Imagine that! The potential implications of an offer being made could spell catastophe for the shorts.

Certainly wouldn't be short these days. Time to make some popcorn and wait for the fireworks
    08-08-13 11:58 PM

Strangely close to what Prem thought BlackBerry was worth. Imagine that! The potential implications of an offer being made could spell catastophe for the shorts.

Certainly wouldn't be short these days. Time to make some popcorn and wait for the fireworks
    If that happened... I'd be one happy camper...
    sidhuk, take99, JLagoon and 4 others like this.
    08-09-13 12:03 AM
    Seeing so much BS in the press about blackberry, IMO privatization is nothing more than a BS to get more clicks. I could be wrong though.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-09-13 12:04 AM
    Link to Reuters, funding might get hairy but doable... Question(s) will be, what price will mgmt want to pay (less) than what shareholders want (more) a la Dell.

Exclusive: BlackBerry open to going private, sources say | Reuters
    08-09-13 12:05 AM
    If that happened... I'd be one happy camper...
    If that happens, i will order new S550 to replace my old one.
    08-09-13 12:06 AM

Maybe, but you need to convince someone to finance a deal @ $40/share, highly unlikely.

Tomm should be interesting when the IB start processing. I'd wager to say no more than $15/share tops.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-09-13 12:07 AM
    Maybe, but you need to convince someone to finance a deal @ $40/share, highly unlikely.

Tomm should be interesting when the IB start processing. I'd wager to say no more than $15/share tops.
    Why? Don't you remember interest from Amazon back when they traded at 35 dollars? They've come a long way since then. Admittedly, so did competition. But mobile computing seems to be the future and BlackBerry has the necessary tools to be part of it. Something we didn't know 2-3 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-09-13 12:17 AM
    Oh yeah, they got those patents too.. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:18 AM
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1161535

Article about Amazon's interest.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:23 AM
    Less than book value? LOL No need to reply.

Last edited by fedakd; 08-09-13 at 12:44 AM.
    ibpluto, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 12:34 AM
    Pretty interesting stuff going on behind the scenes. Would love to be a fly on the wall...

Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry has recently had discussions with private equity firm Silver Lake Partners about potential collaboration in enterprise computing, one of the sources said.

Silver Lake is caught in a bruising $25 billion battle to take Dell Inc private. Should it succeed in the Dell buyout, one possibility could be for it to collaborate with BlackBerry in mobile computing, where the PC maker has struggled to gain traction, the source said.

The talks with Silver Lake did not involve any buyout or other transaction-related discussions, the source said.

Silver Lake declined to comment.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-09-13 12:47 AM
    Less than book value? LOL No need to reply.
    If book value ever even remotely reflected what the minimum, baseline value a corporation's shares are worth, investing would be cake. Think about it. -.-
    08-09-13 01:34 AM
    If Blackberry goes private, and shares are valued at $39.99, then I suggest that we have a party at Morgan's place, when all said and done.
    08-09-13 02:02 AM
    Reuters going private news:

- Maybe they want to go private
    - There is no buyer at the moment
    - Confirmation of still poor sales

=> All in all not a good sign.
    08-09-13 02:19 AM
    I'll do well off my shares if they go private but I'm more convinced that ever that they are getting out of hardware.

So.. weekend plans?

I've often to visit my parents and also to see if I can spend silly amounts of money on a new watch...
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-09-13 02:45 AM
105,499 ... 16731674167516761677 ...