• Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    What negative news?
    exactly ....my first thoughts were "what news?"
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 10:29 AM
    Somebody quick buy some shares and send it over 8.88!!!
    08-02-13 10:30 AM
    08-02-13 10:31 AM
    We are green ...

Damm, just placed a 150 shares order this morning, won't be fired ... Ok, that's life !
    lcjr, StormieTwo, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-02-13 10:32 AM
    They've now spent more than half an hour above resistance (as I see it anyway) and have absorbed the selling so far. It's still early and lots can happen yet but looking strong at the moment.
    08-02-13 10:32 AM
    Come on $8.90!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 10:37 AM
    Come on $8.90!!!
    You will see it soon....... maybe.....
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 10:39 AM
    Strangely, there is a sense of calmness and civility in here this morning. This is nice. (I jinxed it)
    08-02-13 10:50 AM
    4th day, we've tried and haven't broken 8.9. C'MON!!
    lcjr, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 10:54 AM
    Of course, no mention of BBRY_QNX, and not the most in depth article but good to see some recognised potential weakness from Apple in that area (sorry in advance Greg) I hope BB really catches on here, now especially with the sweet Porsche Design!

http://bgr.com/2013/08/02/apple-ios-7-cars-analysis/
    lcjr, StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 10:54 AM
    Well, option expiry should take us to around 9.00 no?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 10:56 AM
    When I see this type of orders, I can't refrain thinking "Computer trade" ...
    Good or bad ? Let's see ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png  
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 10:56 AM
    Yeah, there's lot's of commercials out now from the auto makers advertizing QNX like products and abilities but I've yet to hear the words Blackberry or QNX in any of them. Anyone heard or seen anything?
    08-02-13 10:57 AM
    Yeah, there's lot's of commercials out now from the auto makers advertizing QNX like products and abilities but I've yet to hear the words Blackberry or QNX in any of them. Anyone heard or seen anything?
    Aside from Apple and the in car Siri, none of those names will mean anything to consumers. Even then, QNX is simply the base OS of which everything else is built on top of. It does nothing for the functionality or UI of the program installed in the car.
    lcjr and rarsen like this.
    08-02-13 11:03 AM
    I think that Blackberry has not learned the lesson yet that, although it is manufacturers that sign the contracts for these systems, it is the consumers that actually drive the sales. When a customer walks into a showroom and asks "does that model of car have the new BlackBerry system in it?" that information does make its way back to the head office of GM or Toyota. I think Blackberry is trying to woo the manufacturers when they should be wooing the consumers, who will then demand the product. It might be part of their enterprise/corporate culture that they are used to dealing with large companies, and don't know how to appeal to soccer moms.
    08-02-13 11:03 AM
    Aside from Apple and the in car Siri, none of those names will mean anything to consumers. Even then, QNX is simply the base OS of which everything else is built on top of. It does nothing for the functionality or UI of the program installed in the car.
    Yeah, but what about a commercial that shows a person buying a car and plugs his phone (any brand) into the car and says "thank god this car's system is based on Blackberry security" and drives off a secure and happy camper??
    08-02-13 11:14 AM
    Normally I wouldn't disagree with you but...

Car people are all about parts and name brands. Lots of people know what brand of shocks (Monroe) they have, engine (Cummins), air and oil filter (Fram) and spark plugs (Champion), after market stereos (Pioneer), tires (Goodyear), mufflers (Thrush), and all the capacities and displacements of their engines and pumps and carburetors. A brand name is everything in the auto world. People regularly pull out perfectly good stock parts to replace it with "brand name" aftermarket stuff. (Just ask Lenny!)

All they have to do is tell people that they have already been in their cars for years - providing them with the most reliable - secure - fun experience, and that they have a new version that will blow their minds.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    08-02-13 11:17 AM
    With the price spike in LinkdIn this morning, now trading at 900x earnings, the rise in Facebook shares and the recent excitement over mobile advertising coupled with short covering and the pending wide release of BBM, I offer you this:

...LinkedIn has 238 million members, which is a remarkable number of customers who can easily be monetized.

Of course, this whole rally started when Facebook(FB) showed how things can work out for mobile and how a ton of money can be made on it. Also, the short positions betting against Facebook were humongous, especially after Google's(GOOG) failure to blow out the numbers. And if you were short Facebook, you were probably short all these others because housing was getting weaker, LinkedIn missed last time, and Yelp has competition from Facebook.

If you take away the shorts, all of these stocks will be lower. That said, they have been caught up in the cult of the Web right now, and until more supply is issued, they remain better to the long side. Don't worry, supply should hit soon, but the short side post-Facebook just made no sense, and that will continue to be the case as the analysts who had regarded all of these as shorts now have to change their minds -- a process that has just begun today.
    Cramer: Is It Insanity? - TheStreet
    08-02-13 11:23 AM
    "Returns august 11" ?
    Doing the Netflix catch up. Trying to get there before Aug 11th. Watching them all in order on Netflix, 2 and 3 at a time is interesting and addictive.

Headed to the ocean for vacation and my wife wants to know if we can get Netflix where we are going. She has an iphone and ipad... I have a laptop....

Stopping for some Stella and bacon and Tanqueray and I am all set for the week.
    08-02-13 11:24 AM
    Maybe I should send BB a suggestion for a cool automotive commercial. It would of course involve several trucks, jeeps, and smoking hot women all using Blackberry's newest devices and QNX in the vehicles.
    08-02-13 11:24 AM
    Doing the Netflix catch up. Trying to get there before Aug 11th. Watching them all in order on Netflix, 2 and 3 at a time is interesting and addictive.

Headed to the ocean for vacation and my wife wants to know if we can get Netflix where we are going. She has an iphone and ipad... I have a laptop....

Stopping for some Stella and bacon and Tanqueray and I am all set for the week.
    Awesome man!! Enjoy and if you get some good shot's post them for us. If they're really good shot's, send them PM. hahahaha.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-02-13 11:27 AM
    Maybe I should send BB a suggestion for a cool automotive commercial. It would of course involve several trucks, jeeps, and smoking hot women all using Blackberry's newest devices and QNX in the vehicles.
    Which you would gladly produce, direct and star in....
    lcjr, m0de25, cjcampbell and 2 others like this.
    08-02-13 11:29 AM
    Which you would gladly produce, direct and star in....
    08-02-13 11:30 AM
    BB is really pushing Channels hard. The new update is great. They now have verified checkmarks like twitter for personalities, businesses, etc.
    m0de25, lcjr, Bugmapper and 7 others like this.
    08-02-13 11:33 AM
    My commercial would have to rank up with this top knotch video though.

bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 11:45 AM
107,405 ... 16381639164016411642 ...