View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Shut up you troll. I doubt there are line up since just in Toronto alone you have HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of retial outlets that consumers can pick from. Also if you were like me and pre-ordered a Z10 that will be mailed right to my front door. The fact is the Z10 demand is huge. The white phones are sold out and they haven't even come out yet.
    He's right to be skeptical - an official analysis was released by Jeffries that provided a significant boost to stock price, yet there's no evidence to support one of the claims in that analysis. You, as an investor, should be concerned as well. He's not saying that impressive sales have not happened - only that in this case, it might be smart to question the source.

will today be the day that the shorts surrender to the former RIM-pire? is it time for them to drink the blackberry Kool-aid and admit that its not poisoned? heck yeah!!
    If the majority of non-daytrading shorts held on through $18, they're not gonna let go at $15 now
    m0de25, Shanerredflag and cgk like this.
    02-05-13 08:36 AM
    Let's see if we break $16 in 30min of open....currently at $15.90.

I'll be waiting for the first 30minutes to see confirmation if this is a head fake or a true run-up.
    02-05-13 08:36 AM
    Wow. Give the troll crap a rest will ya. I read the thread he's talking about.
    you are right....It's a waste of time as well.
    02-05-13 08:38 AM
    Just listening to the CBC radio interview this morning. Thorsten said that the Canadian preorder sales exceeded his expectations. It is also very popular with women. Still listening, 10 mins left of the interview.

Thorsten Heins: Can new phones save BlackBerry? | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio
    Last edited by nukemango; 02-05-13 at 08:49 AM.
    02-05-13 08:39 AM
    He's right to be skeptical - an official analysis was released by Jeffries that provided a significant boost to stock price, yet there's no evidence to support one of the claims in that analysis. You, as an investor, should be concerned as well. He's not saying that impressive sales have not happened - only that in this case, it might be smart to question the source.

If the majority of non-daytrading shorts held on through $18, they're not gonna let go at $15 now
    No evidence? lol ok.

BlackBerry Z10 "Off to a Better Start Than Lumia 920" - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD
    StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Selling Out at Some U.K. Retailers, App Store Growing by Bounds
    BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Bloomberg

Lots of info leaking.
    02-05-13 08:43 AM
    On the other hand, another analyst reiterated HOLD this morning, stating that they had no evidence of significant demand.

Analysts will find whatever they can to support their view. That's apparently their job (as opposed to the other way around: find facts and let the facts shape their view). The only thing you can really trust is actual sales numbers - and those we won't get until March 28th. Between now and then, expect unofficial reports that will drive the price all over the place - possibly in both directions.

I'm not saying enthusiasm is a bad thing - I, too, would love to see this platform succeed, and this positive press can only help demand. I'm just saying that calling someone a troll for being pragmatic and realistic -- especially when it comes to the money they invest -- is unwarranted.
    02-05-13 08:58 AM
    No evidence? lol ok.
    Yes because when I made my post on the 4th of course I could take into account evidence from the 5th.

Now excuse me while I pop into my time machine and visit tomorrow.
    02-05-13 09:01 AM
    Yes because when I made my post on the 4th of course I could take into account evidence from the 5th.

Does that mean you won't be back here for a while?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-05-13 09:06 AM
    Wow, and there goes $16.
    02-05-13 09:07 AM
    On the other hand, another analyst reiterated HOLD this morning, stating that they had no evidence of significant demand.

Analysts will find whatever they can to support their view. That's apparently their job (as opposed to the other way around: find facts and let the facts shape their view). The only thing you can really trust is actual sales numbers - and those we won't get until March 28th. Between now and then, expect unofficial reports that will drive the price all over the place - possibly in both directions.

I'm not saying enthusiasm is a bad thing - I, too, would love to see this platform succeed, and this positive press can only help demand. I'm just saying that calling someone a troll for being pragmatic and realistic -- especially when it comes to the money they invest -- is unwarranted.
    I see no problem when a known troll is called the same.
    02-05-13 09:07 AM
    Broke $16 in slightly over 30min of open......
    02-05-13 09:08 AM
    Everyone should tweet that the true short squeeze is coming. Thor on Canada AM had me at hello!
    02-05-13 09:13 AM
    Everyone should tweet that the true short squeeze is coming. Thor on Canada AM had me at hello!
    My 12 followers will undoubtedly LOVE to hear the news! :P
    02-05-13 09:18 AM
    I'm really enjoying this. Would be cool to see it keep going! Any predictions for this afternoon or is it too early yet?
    02-05-13 09:19 AM
    I wonder how many shorts are left in the wild. there must have been alot of covers between the 18 to 13 drubbing we took last week. and I would think that the short sellers know their business and are not as emotionally attached as most of us on this forum seem to be. I'm in for the long haul, but I am setting sell orders on half of my holding at a steep mark-up in case there is a squeeze. I just hope that if there is a squeeze i can sell into it and buy back in after the squeeze...
    02-05-13 09:21 AM

Could you pick me up a newspaper while you're out?
    bungaboy and joe.miller like this.
    02-05-13 09:22 AM

I agree analysts will do whatever to support their view. There is alot bits of positive news coming out. I don't care about analysts to much and from what I read it is clear the demand is there. When 50% of pre-sales in Canada are from non- blackberry users is verying telling and it is said about 40% in the UK. The white Z10 sold out in UK and almost if not sold out in Canada
    02-05-13 09:23 AM
    Looks like both BlackBerry and Apple are heading towards $300 per share. BBRY up 14%, AAPL down 3%.

Which one will get there first? Hmm?

Cheers! Good first day for BBRY!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-300.jpg

I don't think we want to go against these 300...
    02-05-13 09:26 AM
    This is the squeeze ... its happening again now. If anyone has shares set a sell at high price. Tweet to nasdaq crew if someone can ... I don't have an account. Bb10 is the real deal! Long and strong.
    s0be and bungaboy like this.
    02-05-13 09:26 AM
    Could you pick me up a newspaper while you're out?
    Which stock prices do you want?
    02-05-13 09:32 AM
    BBRY, TSLA, BAC will do for starters...
    02-05-13 09:35 AM
    dam lots of volume today already over 48 million
    if it cracks $17 i will have ashot of whiskey tonite
    spike12 likes this.
    02-05-13 09:39 AM
    and there goes any resistance to US$16.50 and still climbing. (and still in the channel)
    02-05-13 09:40 AM
    I'd be happy just being able to finish the crossword.
    $16.72 . . . . . . nice.
113,256 ... 158159160161162 ...