View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

    693 62.66%
  • No

    413 37.34%
  1. cgk's Avatar
    The price cuts may be doing their job...

    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-surge-831846/
    Yes it is what saved webOS...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-24-13 05:16 PM
  2. dusdal's Avatar
    WebOS didn't get saved. Of course I expect you are just being silly, but you need one of these --->

    Also, WebOS was a tablet that was sold for $99 without contract. This is still $699 off contract and it is just the subsidized price that was zeroed.

    Point taken, however, it isn't a good sign that it needs to have a dramatic price cut to start moving units.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-24-13 05:34 PM
  3. sparkaction's Avatar
    Yes it is what saved webOS...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Why can't this be bbry business model for the next 24-months? They can sell high end phones at highly competitive prices to gain market share. Yes, bbry may report additional losses but I say in stead of spending $2 million on an advertisement campeign spend $1 million in advertisements and lower the cost of your device by $xxxx.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-24-13 05:36 PM
  4. heymaggie's Avatar
    I'm no math wiz but it seems that lowering the price of a device by $100 in order to sell 5 million more units costs $500 million.
    07-24-13 05:49 PM
  5. rim4ever's Avatar
    I'm no math wiz but it seems that lowering the price of a device by $100 in order to sell 5 million more units costs $500 million.
    I am no math wiz either but if they can still make $100 for each phone sold even after lowering the price by $100, 5 million more devices sold translate to $500 million in profit.
    07-24-13 05:59 PM
  6. kevxn's Avatar
    Why always compare BB with webOS?

    BB has 3.1B cash and a lot of properties and no debt; WebOS had little cash and a lot of debt before being taken over.

    BB has big high margin service revenue which normal phone manufacturers do not have !

    BB is capable of lowering price without pain while WebOS could not.
    morganplus8, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-24-13 06:01 PM
  7. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    So...I've found a good contrarian needs to eat well...to keep the spirits up.

    Tonight it's chicken breast marinated in orange juice, lemon and lime juice, honey fresh mint and a slash of hot sauce...on the BBQ of course.

    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000391.jpg

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:02 PM
  8. Soumaila Somtore's Avatar
    If the phone cost (manufact +++) is $100 then you are correct.
    I'm no math wiz but it seems that lowering the price of a device by $100 in order to sell 5 million more units costs $500 million.
    07-24-13 06:03 PM
  9. Soumaila Somtore's Avatar
    Oh man you are making me hungry and beer thirsty!
    So...I've found a good contrarian needs to eat well...to keep the spirits up.

    Tonight it's chicken breast marinated in orange juice, lemon and lime juice, honey fresh mint and a slash of hot sauce...on the BBQ of course.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000391.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	185715

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:05 PM
  10. take99's Avatar
    I'm no math wiz but it seems that lowering the price of a device by $100 in order to sell 5 million more units costs $500 million.
    Math seems ok but economics might need to brush up on....
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-24-13 06:23 PM
  11. take99's Avatar
    Heres Zabitsky of ACI and his 20 price target. Worth a view, wasnt flash so I could actually watch it on my phone.

    Zabitsky: It's All About Blackberry Messenger
    07-24-13 06:31 PM
  12. sparkaction's Avatar
    I was wondering if there is any advantage for company like bbry with no debt and in no need of capital to remain publicly traded? Someone should take this company private.
    07-24-13 06:33 PM
  13. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    Heres Zabitsky of ACI and his 20 price target. Worth a view, wasnt flash so I could actually watch it on my phone.

    Zabitsky: It's All About Blackberry Messenger
    Nice...I watched it on mine

    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-24-13 06:46 PM
  14. kfh227's Avatar
    Wouldn't the vast majority of shorts be able to dump their shares now for a profit? Why keep holding on to try and make even more if it is a risk to do so. Shouldn't they be ok with the profits they have made already if they sell instead of continuing the risk, especially since the current share price is below book value?

    Posted via CB10
    They have to close their short positions slowly or the price might go up.

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:51 PM
  15. heymaggie's Avatar
    I am no math wiz either but if they can still make $100 for each phone sold even after lowering the price by $100, 5 million more devices sold translate to $500 million in profit.
    I'm no math wiz but if they could make $100 or $200 on each of the 6 million phones that they sold last quarter then they would have made a profit.
    07-24-13 06:58 PM
  16. leafs123's Avatar
    Heard an interesting stat from a Manulife analyst on Lang and O'Leary exchange on CBC. 25% of the world's population has a smartphone and the rest of the 75% has either a communication device or a cellular dumb phone. A little surprising if you ask me as I thought it would be higher. That stat was given during a general discussion on wireless and $AAPL.

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:01 PM
  17. kfh227's Avatar
    Just pray that ay&t and Verizon buy more stock once they sell out.

    Posted via CB10
    sparkaction and m0de25 like this.
    07-24-13 07:02 PM
  18. Randeman's Avatar
    Apparently, Carl Icahn is set to announce his next big target/ acquisition or whatever within days on Twitter. Wouldn't it be nice if the Dell deal went through and he announced BlackBerry as his next big thing? Maybe that's what people were talking about yesterday as the big surprise.

    Posted via CB10
    (read it on CNBC today - they're always right)
    cjcampbell, Korepab and m0de25 like this.
    07-24-13 07:06 PM
  19. tiziano27's Avatar
    Yes it is what saved webOS...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I think there is something wrong with the data, the HTC 8X is 10th and there are 9 Windows Phone in the top 30 including many 920 and 820.
    07-24-13 07:15 PM
  20. cjcampbell's Avatar
    I'm no math wiz but if they could make $100 or $200 on each of the 6 million phones that they sold last quarter then they would have made a profit.
    I know I shouldn't bother, but had you looked at the mix of devices, and looked at the earnings report, you'd know how ridiculous you sound.

    Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-24-13 07:31 PM
  21. bungaboy's Avatar
    I know I shouldn't bother, but had you looked at the mix of devices, and looked at the earnings report, you'd know how ridiculous you sound.

    Posted via CB10
    My list keeps growing and growing and growing . . . . kinda sorta like the Energizer Bunny.
    07-24-13 07:37 PM
  22. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    I know I shouldn't bother, but had you looked at the mix of devices, and looked at the earnings report, you'd know how ridiculous you sound.

    Posted via CB10
    Read...know the material...ya. got. to. be. kidding.lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-24-13 07:49 PM
  23. kfh227's Avatar
    Apparently, Carl Icahn is set to announce his next big target/ acquisition or whatever within days on Twitter. Wouldn't it be nice if the Dell deal went through and he announced BlackBerry as his next big thing? Maybe that's what people were talking about yesterday as the big surprise.

    Posted via CB10
    (read it on CNBC today - they're always right)
    I think it was a basher laughing along about appl 's earnings rele

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:52 PM
  24. kfh227's Avatar
    Read...know the material...ya. got. to. be. kidding.lol
    They made about $150 per device.

    Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:56 PM
  25. peter9477's Avatar
    25% of the world's population has a smartphone and the rest of the 75% has either a communication device or a cellular dumb phone.
    WTF is a "communication device", if it's not a cell phone of some sort?

    Anyway, it was either Heins, or maybe even Lazaridis, who said over a year ago something to this effect. This was during a period where, I think, lots of people were saying BBRY had no chance because "everyone already has a smartphone, and they're never going to switch over to BlackBerry".

    The pie we have now is already sliced and BlackBerry's piece is pretty darn small... but there are three more pies on the way.
    leafs123 likes this.
    07-24-13 08:31 PM
106,075 ... 15921593159415951596 ...

Similar Threads

  1. Does the Motion have the paratek antenna?
    By Steve Pogue in forum BlackBerry Motion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-13-18, 12:33 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-17, 11:06 PM
  3. Will Hub+ work on the new Google Pixelbook?
    By danosman in forum BlackBerry HUB+ Suite
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-17, 07:42 AM
  4. BlackBerry highlights the impact of KRACK vulnerability on BlackBerry products
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-17, 03:10 PM
  5. Hub and Viber notifications broken
    By LyoobaBerry in forum BlackBerry HUB+ Suite
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-17, 02:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD