View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    With market saturation in NA being almost maxed out, BlackBerry is well positioned to expand in the emerging markets. Hopefully Indonesia is just the beginning

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, jxnb, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-22-13 08:51 AM
    You are so wrong my friend. There is no oppertunity cost when Mr. Market is trading at high multiples. That and Fairfax uses something called float for their investments. This is premiums collected vs. Paid. This investment is essentially free pending they can keep their combined ratios under 100%

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I think your defense of Prem has clouded your thoughts here. Multiples aren't that far out of whack, and there is no such thing as free money, even for Prem. Prem has taken a hit here, we all need to acknowledge that and try to manage the trade. Defending him while he struck out here is tough. He may get another turn at bat, but clearly RIMM/BBRY has been a very BAD and costly trade for him.
    07-22-13 08:56 AM
    LOL of the morning. I think BB has left me with PTStockD.
    I recently bought into another 52 week low stock and it turned red, part of
    me half expected it to drop like 30%. I had to remind myself, normal stocks don't behave
    like a BB. Refreshing!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    07-22-13 09:10 AM
    07-22-13 09:14 AM
    Prem has taken a hit here, we all need to acknowledge that and try to manage the trade. Defending him while he struck out here is tough. He may get another turn at bat, but clearly RIMM/BBRY has been a very BAD and costly trade for him.
    To use your baseball analogy, I think it's more like the top of the third inning and he's only taken one swing so far. "Struck out" seems very premature.
    07-22-13 09:17 AM
    To use your baseball analogy, I think it's more like the top of the third inning and he's only taken one swing so far. "Struck out" seems very premature.
    Respectfully, I think that is the problem, TH and the board think they have all day and they have no sense of urgency. They need to act like they are behind, because they are. If/when they start burning thru cash, they are in almost irreparably bad shape. Unfortunately, the tech world is not a 9 inning game played at leisurely pace. If they just sit back and do business as usual I am very confident that BBRY, as we know it, goes away. There is a small window of time to save it all, but if they wait any longer, I fear BBRY is toast. I hope that doesn't happen but the last 3 years make me VERY worried it will.
    07-22-13 09:37 AM
    http://m.gurufocus.com/news_read.php?id=224131

Massive Stakes - Prem Watsa Resolute on BlackBerry and Others
    07-22-13 09:54 AM
    Respectfully, I think that is the problem, TH and the board think they have all day and they have no sense of urgency.
    I don't think they believe they have all day, but boards are supposed to be strategic. They don't and should not get involved in any day-to-day stuff, and their thinking should be longer term. As a shareholder, I do NOT want to see signs of panic and knee-jerk reactions.

I'm not impressed with the board as a whole, but some of them like Martin and Watsa give me some degree of confidence that they are looking beyond the "chatter", the noisy crap that is happening in the short term and worrying us all, and have their eye on the real goal which is still a year or two down the road. I'd rather have the stock wallow for another couple of quarters and then truly recover than I would have it shoot to $18 and then drop slowly for two years until the company is acquired for half that.
    07-22-13 09:59 AM
    Have any of you watched the video on the crackberry site "Why I hate my Z10"? I seriously think Thor should hire this guy to do a commercial? Check it out.
    Sad news that Apple's developer site was hacked and still shut down. Hmmm ... maybe the corporate world should go with Blackberry and enjoy a secure enviroment.
    I wish the media would start talking about how Android is in the process of burying Apple instead of always using BB for the slam. We have to figure out a way to get the media focus on the big two so BB can quietly slide up the middle. Divide and conquer ?
    Cheers!
    07-22-13 09:59 AM
    Oh yes you do!! Everybody loves my truck, even you. Should have seen it yesterday when it was all mud. Lol. So, where's your ride???
    The truck is hot but I think what KFH was suggesting was maybe you post some pictures of "the smoking hot wife".
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    07-22-13 10:07 AM
    The truck is hot but I think what KFH was suggesting was maybe you post some pictures of "the smoking hot wife".
    Yeah, I got that after a few. lol. It was a great Sunday with a few beers by the poolside.
    07-22-13 10:25 AM
    Glad your Sunday was great.... mine sucked but that's only because Saturday was sooooo good... lol
    leafs123, lcjr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-22-13 10:33 AM
    Well, I decided to try my hand at making trades with another small block of cash. Bought Thursday and sold this morning for an 8% ROI after fees. So how about that BB_Trader, FST, or Shadowy whatever... lmao.
    07-22-13 10:39 AM
    I think they (BlackBerry) should work miracles, burn midnight oil and push stable10.2 out in next 3-4 weeks (instead of Sep/Oct).

10.2 is bringing many features and tweaks that'll give BlackBerry slight edge over competition (actually, in many cases it would give them a noticeable edge over competition in most comparisons, except maybe app-store comparisions)

and also it brings many legacy features that'll improve the mood of existing BlackBerry users as well.

I wish everything we have seen in 10.2 (from the leaked roadmap, dev builds) had been available from launch. That'd have made for a significantly better reception of BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    07-22-13 10:43 AM
    I don't think they believe they have all day, but boards are supposed to be strategic.
    They WERE "strategic", they lied about sales to the share holders!

Blackberry lacks trust from way too many to move forward.

TH and the board are just looking at what choices they have left and they have very few.
    07-22-13 10:49 AM
    Well, I decided to try my hand at making trades with another small block of cash. Bought Thursday and sold this morning for an 8% ROI after fees. So how about that BB_Trader, FST, or Shadowy whatever... lmao.
    I don't know if anyone followed up what was mentioned a couple of weeks ago regarding IMG. Morgan had mentioned it too.
    Just sold them. Around 30% up since it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
    07-22-13 10:49 AM
    I don't know if anyone followed up what was mentioned a couple of weeks ago regarding IMG. Morgan had mentioned it too.
    Hahaha.... and that's the one I traded.
    07-22-13 10:52 AM
    Hahaha.... and that's the one I traded.

Was my second largest holding after BB
    So not a bad day after all !
    07-22-13 10:53 AM
    I knew I should have put some funds in that. Ah well.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-13 11:18 AM
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that with the release of the Unity 4.2 update, Unity's more than 2 million strong developer community is now able to use the free and Pro BlackBerry 10 add-ons for Unity to publish their games for the BlackBerry 10 platform.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...77ASMC64FZ4.99
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 11:20 AM
    I think they (BlackBerry) should work miracles, burn midnight oil and push stable10.2 out in next 3-4 weeks (instead of Sep/Oct).

10.2 is bringing many features and tweaks that'll give BlackBerry slight edge over competition (actually, in many cases it would give them a noticeable edge over competition in most comparisons, except maybe app-store comparisions)

and also it brings many legacy features that'll improve the mood of existing BlackBerry users as well.

I wish everything we have seen in 10.2 (from the leaked roadmap, dev builds) had been available from launch. That'd have made for a significantly better reception of BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    While I agree that launching with the features of 10.2 would have been better, the lack of those features aren't the main criticism of the platform at the moment and weren't from the start. It's app, apps apps!
    spike12 likes this.
    07-22-13 11:31 AM
    Ques: I thought Prem's average was a lot higher? How did he lower it? Writing covered calls?

While many billionaire Gurus reduced their BBRY position in the first quarter of 2013, the top Guru shareholder of BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY), Prem Watsa still owns a massive stake in the company, 28% of shares outstanding. His trading history shows a 10% loss on more than 51.8 million shares bought at an average price of $9.94.

http://m.gurufocus.com/news_read.php?id=224131

Massive Stakes - Prem Watsa Resolute on BlackBerry and Others
    07-22-13 11:40 AM
    While I agree that launching with the features of 10.2 would have been better, the lack of those features aren't the main criticism of the platform at the moment and weren't from the start. It's app, apps apps!
    I agree with both of you, the app gap is an issue, but 10.2 hopefully will help fill some of the app gap with added features and apps from headless api and the newer android runtime.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-13 11:56 AM
    Ques: I thought Prem's average was a lot higher? How did he lower it? Writing covered calls?

While many billionaire Gurus reduced their BBRY position in the first quarter of 2013, the top Guru shareholder of BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY), Prem Watsa still owns a massive stake in the company, 28% of shares outstanding. His trading history shows a 10% loss on more than 51.8 million shares bought at an average price of $9.94.
    Either they are wrong or Prem lied in his letter to his shareholders. I am sticking with him and his $17 comments

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 12:15 PM

Was my second largest holding after BB
    So not a bad day after all !
    I got in a little late for the party lol, but still up
    Mine only about 6% though

How long do you all plan to hold?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-22-13 12:21 PM
113,250 ... 15731574157515761577 ...