View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well some of us have held this stock a very long time and instead of crystalizing a terrible loss, sometimes the only option is to avg down and wait it out. Most especially when it's a company with good fundamentals. The forces cannot control forever at some point the party will be over. Question is, when..
    Sooo at some point this will be the shorts theme song then:

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 03:25 PM
    +.23 (9.20) after market? SO what exactly happened? LOL
    07-19-13 03:26 PM
    Red Hat started as a Linux distro about 20 years ago. It was the first one I ran. I learned a lot form it. Eventually jumped to Slowaris as I was doing a bit of Java programming so I thought I might as well go to the source. Most of what I learned was transferable.

Red Hat is now into enterprise Linux and was doing pretty well financially last I checked.

Looks like BBRY is using it on at least some of their customer facing servers.
    I thank you for the informative reply...cheers.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:31 PM
    Well some of us have held this stock a very long time and instead of crystalizing a terrible loss, sometimes the only option is to avg down and wait it out. Most especially when it's a company with good fundamentals. The forces cannot control forever at some point the party will be over. Question is, when..
    Hate to disagree with you but "good fundamentals"?

Averaging down is never the way to deal with losses. If you're averaging down, that means there is something fundamentally wrong with the name especially if it's over a "very long time".
    07-19-13 03:32 PM
    No news... just the cork soaking bears pushing and pushing it down.... for absolutely no reason other than to harm other people, damage a great company, and make money for themselves.
    Here's a question I've been wondering in the time that I've been reading this thread. In this "support BBRY buy shares thread" there are two popular beliefs:

The first belief is exemplified by your comment above, namely that "shorts" and bears are conspiring to manipulate the stock and bring it down. The idea that absent this manipulation, the natural trajectory of the stock is ever upwards. That BBRY is one of the most manipulated stocks. (Strangely the flip side of manipulation is never mentioned. When the stock rises up, no one ever brings up the possibility that the manipulators are pumping up the value).

The second is the belief in technical analysis, that the direction of prices can be determined by looking at the patterns of past market data. (Strangely the TA experts in this thread predominantly predict upward movements like "key reversals" and such. With BBRY being such a volatile stock, you would think that some of the TA predictions would also anticipate downward movements, but they very rarely do )

So my question is to those that happen to hold both the beliefs above. Do you realize that these two beliefs contradict each other? How can technical analysis work on a heavily manipulated stock. Even if there is merit in reading the charts, wouldn't the noise from the heavy manipulation totally drown out the signals from TA? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this matter.
    cgk, Bigbacala and aniym like this.
    07-19-13 03:32 PM
    Analysts are weighing in today on smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), banking behemoth Citigroup Inc (NYSE:C), and semiconductor name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD).
    >>>Related articles:
    http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=http:/...&blogid=117070

from Android Stocks App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.dayup.stocks
    07-19-13 03:39 PM
    [QUOTE=abouthsu;8853948]Analysts are weighing in today on smartphone maker BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), banking behemoth Citigroup Inc (NYSE:C), and semiconductor name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD).
    >>>Related articles:
    [url]http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/commentary/content/blogs/analyst+upgrades+blackberry+ltd+bbry+citigroup+inc +and+advanced+micro+devices+inc/trading_floor_blog.aspx?single=true&blogid=117070[/u]
    07-19-13 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry is the most manipulated stock in the market. It's so obvious that the shorts shorted at the end of day to push the stock below $9 so they can put out their headlines for the weekend. I am waiting for these mother forkers to push it lower by shorting more. I know even a few shorts who have covered looking to buy in the 8.50 range. The only way to get there is to short and or fool people into giving away their shares for 50 cents on the dollar.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:41 PM
    cut your losses this dog is going to zero.
    07-19-13 03:53 PM
    Were now in the .20-.30 cent range flux. So ppl with say 100,000 shares can sell the stock at 9.67 let it fall then re buy at 9.47 and make 20,000 profit. I've notice this tread for most of the week, Monday it goes up .30cents Tuesday it is sell off day, Wednesday is buy back, Thursday is sell etc...

We will pbly be in the under $10 range till really big news comes out, ie Large BB10 purchase or till next ER. So anyone who wants to jump outta these shares you should be prepare to sell about 1 wk up to the next ER day as the stock slowly climbs as analysts will start to spectate and that will push up the share price. You may want to keep 1/2 of your shares just in case BB reports good numbers and profits. That is my plan. I'm averaged at $13.40 so if we get above that I'll plby sell 1/2 closer to the ER then see what happens after the ER.
    07-19-13 03:55 PM
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.

How many of us (and friends) can afford this ? I don't know ...
    But if we actively buzz this, it may ... oh, yes, I'm a dreamer...
    But just imagine 10% of BB users claiming five shares ...

P.S: Yes, I'm a part of the 99% : I have no other share anywhere.

Edited 09/22/2012 : The original title "I support RIM : I buy share" was misleading many contributors. As of date, I modified my #1 post title and ask mods for the thread title change with : "I support RIM and I buy share". Slight difference, but I believe it gives another meaning to this sentence, closer to my opinion.

Edited 02/04/2013
    : RIM have changed their name to BlackBerry. Therefore, the title change to "I support BBRY and I buy shares !". P.S : This change is subject to mod appreciation so that it may not appear clearly in the forum ... (done : THANK YOU whoever is pressing the button !)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Good luck !

Foolish

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-13 04:03 PM
    Here's a question I've been wondering in the time that I've been reading this thread. In this "support BBRY buy shares thread" there are two popular beliefs:

The first belief is exemplified by your comment above, namely that "shorts" and bears are conspiring to manipulate the stock and bring it down. The idea that absent this manipulation, the natural trajectory of the stock is ever upwards. That BBRY is one of the most manipulated stocks. (Strangely the flip side of manipulation is never mentioned. When the stock rises up, no one ever brings up the possibility that the manipulators are pumping up the value).

The second is the belief in technical analysis, that the direction of prices can be determined by looking at the patterns of past market data. (Strangely the TA experts in this thread predominantly predict upward movements like "key reversals" and such. With BBRY being such a volatile stock, you would think that some of the TA predictions would also anticipate downward movements, but they very rarely do )

So my question is to those that happen to hold both the beliefs above. Do you realize that these two beliefs contradict each other? How can technical analysis work on a heavily manipulated stock. Even if there is merit in reading the charts, wouldn't the noise from the heavy manipulation totally drown out the signals from TA? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this matter.
    I'll chime in...

The stock is absolutely targeted...I am not going to say by competitors as I can not prove that but hedges and swing traders love this thing. The volume of trades each day and the ease at which some negative news will move the price are a money tree dream.

As for the TA...allot of people are being exposed to and learning allot on this thread from some very bright people...the least of which is that it's an indicator of likely events, not gospel. Good people with good intentions helping others...that is why this thread is successful.

Posted via CB10

Edit...to be clear one of the TA guru's called a potential for this drop two months ago...so not all up up up as some would believe.
    07-19-13 04:06 PM
    Does anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of people that can get added to ignore? My list seems to be growing again....
    07-19-13 04:06 PM
    cut your losses this dog is going to zero.
    When will this happen plz so I can short this puppy down to a $2.

If this stock hasn't dropped to $8.50 from the news of:

Blackberry keeping password
    Blackberry being discounted to $1 at Bestbuy
    Blackberry not selling as many as Nokia
    Blackberry cutting production of Q/Z in 1/2
    Blackberry not getting Coast Guard contract (more like Samsung maybe getting)

So with all this bad news just this week alone you would have thought it would be below $9 but its not.. For that I have to say ...

Keep Calm and Berry On
    07-19-13 04:07 PM
    Today is the fifteenth day of downtrend. The stock dropped near the end of trading day, and in the last 10 minutes, buyers started to come again. I was hoping that it would close above $9, but it closed at $8.97. On the 30 minute and daily chart, the pink lines show how the drop is less dramatic, than the past ones. The volume is also less, than the past drops. The drop bounced right on the new orange downtrend line--green circle.

In addition, I am not quite sure how much it affected the stock movement today, given that today is Friday, and is option expiration day. Perhaps some people try to push this stock down to get the option to the strike price that they want. If anyone is more familiar with this, then please do share your insight.

Morgan, how are you? Where art thou?

You can see the buying action countering the drop at the end of the day here.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-4.02.06-pm.jpg

I try to include bullish and bearish interpretation in my post now.

Bullish interpretation:
    The stock is still rounding the bottom. Yes, we did drop, but it was less drastic than the previous ones, and more buyers appeared at the orange support line. I think, a confirmation that we are forming the other half of the cup is to see a close above $9.20, then a close in the $9.30 - $9.40, then a close in the $9.70 in the next 10 trading days. Much oversold that cannot be expressed further.

Bearish interpretation:
    The stock failed to go above above the descending triangle (blue lines), and dropped as a continuation. Parallel downtrend is still valid, and has a max drop to $8.50 area. On the 30 minute chart, the orange line shows the new narrower parallel downtrend line (orange line and the top blue descending triangle line).

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-4.16.55-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-4.19.59-pm.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-4.06.52-pm.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-4.16.55-pm.jpg  
    07-19-13 04:07 PM
    When will this happen plz so I can short this puppy down to a $2.

If this stock hasn't dropped to $8.50 from the news of:

Blackberry keeping password
    Blackberry being discounted to $1 at Bestbuy
    Blackberry not selling as many as Nokia
    Blackberry cutting production of Q/Z in 1/2
    Blackberry not getting Coast Guard contract (more like Samsung maybe getting)

So with all this bad news just this week alone you would have thought it would be below $9 but its not.. For that I have to say ...

Keep Calm and Berry On
    nobody can be sure of the timing but absent a buyout for scraps this pig is going to zero. i hope you didn't bet the farm on BB's resurgence.
    07-19-13 04:11 PM
    Two more drive-bys added to my ignore list!
    Does anyone know if there's a limit to the amount of people that can get added to ignore? My list seems to be growing again....
    Your ignore list will probably grow and grow until the stock turns around. When you stop adding to your ignore list, that'll be the key point when you should add to your long position.
    Your ignore list will probably grow and grow until the stock turns around. When you stop adding to your ignore list, that'll be the key point when you should add to your long position.
    Lol....excellent indicator, well done.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, rarsen and fedakd like this.
    07-19-13 04:14 PM
    HAHAHA.... That sounds like some very sound logic.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-19-13 04:15 PM
    ignorance is bliss!
    07-19-13 04:15 PM
    ignorance is bliss!
    Bliss is over rated but ignorant people are raised not born.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:18 PM
    Bullish interpretation:
    The stock is still rounding the bottom. Yes, we did drop, but it was less drastic than the previous ones, and more buyers appeared at the orange support line. I think, a confirmation that we are forming the other half of the cup is to see a close above $9.20, then a close in the $9.30 - $9.40, then a close in the $9.70 in the next 10 trading days. Much oversold that cannot be expressed further.
    I admire the continuation on the charting front. I started commenting on this board around 6/28... what's the % loss since then? Everyone is waiting for a bounce... it bounced today and then sold off into the close.. hard!

I know some people are waiting for shorts to get crushed but these little run-ups are probably those same shorts slowly covering. The late buying is probably more shorts taking profits for the week.

TA isn't giving any insight and your MACD is neutral and your RSI and Stoch are all reading oversold for a 2 weeks now...
    07-19-13 04:19 PM
    I share your opinion as well. Basically, we do not have any control on how this stock moves. We are at the mercy of the those with high frequency trading machines, and big budgets. They have the plan that moves this stock. Some wants to see this stock higher, so they make it dip. Some wants to see this stock lower, so they make it rise. We can only tell the patterns, after the fact, and predict the possible future patterns. The fact that we do not have any control as mentioned is what caused us to become impatient, and frustrated. Not to mention, the opinions about how the company is a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, etc.

If someone tells us that this stock will be at $18 in 3 months, and $30 in 6 to 8 months from now, then would we be relaxed? Of course. Here is one possibility: Can BlackBerry Make A Rebound? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance

If someone tells us that this stock will be at $6 or Blackberry is going to go bankrupt soon, then would all of us sell our shares, be disappointed, and stop posting in this thread. Sure.

No one knows the future, and no one here has the control to move the stock. I wish Prem Watsa would drop a few millions every day to keep this stock stable. If you are bullish, then you hope to hear good news that would pump this oversold f4cker up. If you are bearish, then you short this stock to death, and hope that it reaches $6.
    07-19-13 04:19 PM
    Oh...would ya look at the time already:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000378.jpg

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000, lcjr, spike12 and 5 others like this.
    07-19-13 04:21 PM
113,256 ... 15621563156415651566 ...