View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Is volume low or what? lol
    Well it picked up for a bit but don't see the volume lasting. We need to get above 9.30 and stay there but not gonna hold my breath on that one for today.
    lcjr, leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 08:51 AM
    Hi Gang!

Here is a quick chart to show you what's happening here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-rim-july-17-2013-chart.jpg

JLagoon's charts are excellent, he is showing you that we are fanning out here, the declines are becoming less and less on each drop and the rallies are trying to start a new leg up here. Follow his daily charts to see that we are just finding support and bouncing again and again, one of the moves will take us above the 3-EMA and the 5-dma and start the next leg up (We need to take out the $ 9.27 to $ 9.30/shr mark on a closing basis). Nothing going on here and no sense of doom, it's a bottoming process. GL
    07-17-13 08:51 AM
    Thanks Morgan. Good to see you're well enough to be at your computer I hope the healing process is coming along and the problems you described earlier were minor.
    take99, plasmid_boy, lcjr and 10 others like this.
    07-17-13 08:56 AM
    Morgan, I hope you are feeling better.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:58 AM
    Good morning Morgan and gang! Glad to see your post Morgan and wish you a speedy recovery. Good to see the SP in the GREEN first thing this morning. I hope everyone has a productive day.
    07-17-13 09:06 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-getwellcard1.jpg

M8, glad to hear you back on the boards, even if intermittently.
    One's health is way more important than any dollar, so listen to your doctor and your wife.
    07-17-13 09:08 AM
    Good to see you again Morgan. Hope your health is recovering just fine!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:12 AM
    Morgan;

Hope you are well. How long is your wife away? LoL

Listen to the Docs and your loving wife please.
    07-17-13 09:13 AM
    Hi Gang!
    Nothing going on here and no sense of doom, it's a bottoming process. GL
    I have been away and now trying to catch up. Happy to see you back on the board.
    Seriously though, with swelling in the cranial please listen to the doctor's instructions.

I am not sure why all the negativity recently. People are understandably upset by the SP drop and horrible ER presentation, but fundamentally not much had changed and things appear to be on track. So if one had purchased the stock believing that BB will turn around, all indications (not withstanding SP) are still intact IMO. My average is at even now (only a few $Ks red) and have added more couple times since the ER.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 07-17-13 at 10:16 AM.
    07-17-13 09:29 AM
    Morgan so glad to see you back, as most people said listen to your doctor and your Madame, We did miss you but there is no rush! please take the time it takes to recovering!
    07-17-13 09:32 AM
    CrackBerry Report Card - BlackBerry Z10 vs. Q10 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results! | CrackBerry.com

Customer satisfaction results.

Note - looks to be about 4,800-ish folks replied/completed the survey of some 3.5 million BB10 devices. Let's assume we have 2.8 million BB10 devices active,

This is roughly a pool of - 0.17% of the entire BB population. I didn't get a chance to read the methodology etc but not sure how reliable that small a population is.

I figure this simply confirms what user reviews are saying on other sites (Bestbuy, Bell, Rogers, Etc.) that the phones are received well. Which is a definite plus for us =).

User reviews have very low fluctuation in ratings which means few really had horrible enough experiences to come out and announce to the world their problems. It seems the most vocal folks normally are the extremists, very satisfied or very unsatisfied by means of returning to write a review.

Good news! =)
    bungaboy, lcjr, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 09:37 AM
    Indeed, welcome back Morgan. Rest lots and good recovery.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    07-17-13 09:37 AM
    07-17-13 09:46 AM
    CrackBerry Report Card - BlackBerry Z10 vs. Q10 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results! | CrackBerry.com

Customer satisfaction results.

Note - looks to be about 4,800-ish folks replied/completed the survey of some 3.5 million BB10 devices. Let's assume we have 2.8 million BB10 devices active,

This is roughly a pool of - 0.17% of the entire BB population. I didn't get a chance to read the methodology etc but not sure how reliable that small a population is.

I figure this simply confirms what user reviews are saying on other sites (Bestbuy, Bell, Rogers, Etc.) that the phones are received well. Which is a definite plus for us =).

User reviews have very low fluctuation in ratings which means few really had horrible enough experiences to come out and announce to the world their problems. It seems the most vocal folks normally are the extremists, very satisfied or very unsatisfied by means of returning to write a review.

Good news! =)
    And just to add a quicky..... there's no way to tell if all the respondents actually have a BB. With all the trolling comments on this site, I'm sure there was a good portion who did the survey to skew the results.
    bungaboy, Compaqee, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    07-17-13 09:48 AM
    Seeing as that article is from 2 months ago, I'll not take it as anything other than speculation since we haven't heard anything as of yet.
    07-17-13 09:50 AM
    So we have z10 q10 q5 and a10 confirmed or released.

Assuming the new bb7 is counted as one of the 6 that they plan to have at one time.

That is 5. So the Z5 is the last one to be confirmed?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:52 AM
    Seeing as that article is from 2 months ago, I'll not take it as anything other than speculation since we haven't heard anything as of yet.
    Seeing how I couldn't understand a word of it. I will take your word for it. LoL
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-17-13 09:54 AM
    Mr. Morgan, good to read ya post.

IMO, BB needs to advertise the **** out of BBM. I mean, their advertising here in Canada is decent, but for their BBM, they need to really push the features. This can easily be accessed worldwide... In countries where BB is non-existent people may still find BBM attractive (if BB can advertise effectively). I am anxious to see what they do.

BlackBerry saw 40% jump in sales after exchange offer in India

Sunil Lalvan, managing director for India, BlackBerry, said to The Mobile Indian, "We got a tremendous response to exchange offer on BlackBerry Z10 from consumers. BlackBerry saw a 40 per cent jump in sales as a result of it".

Check out the Q&A
    07-17-13 09:57 AM
    And just to add a quicky..... there's no way to tell if all the respondents actually have a BB. With all the trolling comments on this site, I'm sure there was a good portion who did the survey to skew the results.
    But let's also remember, Crackberry is in general Pro Blackberry folk so I'd take it all with a bit of caution when the survey is filled mainly by our own folk aha.

Nonetheless - it'll support the niche argument nicely. The loyal following will never die. BLACKBERRIANS. =D

Cheers!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 10:03 AM
    I agree with you. I read about new bbos7 device about a month ago and seemed at that time that it may or may not come.
    Judging from touch screen verses keypad pair in each class in road map, it almost makes perfect dreaming sense that not only there may be a z5 but also could possibly be a larger screen size in keypad option. Of course all of these are speculations. Since no more playbook, it is necessary to make larger screen blackberries IMO. Since i am on the dreaming mode, how about sony's tablet Z with BB10 on it?
    07-17-13 10:06 AM
    Yes,

On options you can close your option position at any time.

Options give you the right, but not the obligation to buy (call) or sell (put) the underlying stock. In this case it would be BBRY.

Unfortunately, your options are fairly limited at the moment in terms of managing the risk w/out spending more money.

You can continue to sit on the stock and hope for a bounce;
    You can sell and buy long term calls (expensive)
    You can hold the stock and buy puts (expensive)
    You can exit the name and realize the losses now and may re-enter at a more opportune time/price level.
    OR i can sell some calls or puts against my underlying for premium to potentially lower risks and average out cost per share if i land on the right side of the spectrum
    07-17-13 10:47 AM
    Welcome home Morgan

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-17-13 11:00 AM
    Morgan, Its great to see you back!!! Hope the recovery is going well and that you make a speedy one!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 11:15 AM
    Sad to say some friends contracts are up and they are getting a Nexus 4 because it has Instagram

Happy to say the company I work for is implementing BES10 and already have purchases a few BB10 devices!
    Korepab, Bugmapper and take99 like this.
    07-17-13 11:17 AM
    Sad to say some friends contracts are up and they are getting a Nexus 4 because it has Instagram

Happy to say the company I work for is implementing BES10 and already have purchases a few BB10 devices!
    That's a mistake getting a device which is old on a contract. Way better Android options if they go that route.
    07-17-13 11:22 AM
107,104 ... 15491550155115521553 ...