View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My big concern about the A10 is simple. If it doesn't have great specs, why would people switch from Apple and Samsung? While I completely agree that most people don't understand specs, the sales people love to throw them out at customers.

These are leaked specs and nothing more. Wait until we are closer to launch date before getting into an uproar. It's still 3-4 months out and, from what I hear, there is more than one version being tested with different specs.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:42 AM
    Good news? Interestingly, he's got the highest PT at the moment I believe, since Misek went down to $18.

His PT is $20.

Analyst bullish on BlackBerry because of cross platform BBM | CrackBerry.com
    Usually this means he can talk to you for hours about topics that Wall Street analysts don�t understand at all.

He�s probably best known for his sell rating on Apple at a time when nobody else was bearish. In January 2012 he declared �A Whole New Galaxy�, rightly calling the rise of Samsung.

And now he thinks BlackBerry shares are ripe to be bought. His reasoning has nothing to do with Q10 or Q5 volume, rising gross margins on hardware or anything that most analysts talk about. Instead, he�s bullish because of cross platform BBM (which he calls �long overdue.)
    07-12-13 07:47 AM
    To be fair, I would guess that 99% of the general population couldn't tell you what is in their phone. And most probability don't care

Posted via CB10
    Truer words have never been spoken. But it doesn't stop the geeks that write for a living to give negative reviews based on poor specs which create a poor image of a product that is not justified. Folks don't need to understand it, they only need to read the last paragraph of a review to formulate an opinion.

Just ask the automotive world, so many good cars out there with poor reputations
    m1a1mg, bungaboy, take99 and 2 others like this.
    07-12-13 07:56 AM
    If this is true. BlackBerry needs to make a commercial that takes advantage of this asap:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...16599379_n.jpg

How Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | The Guardian

How ironic lol

WoW! MicroSux.

The documents show that:

� Microsoft helped the NSA to circumvent its encryption to address concerns that the agency would be unable to intercept web chats on the new Outlook.com portal;

� The agency already had pre-encryption stage access to email on Outlook.com, including Hotmail;

� The company worked with the FBI this year to allow the NSA easier access via Prism to its cloud storage service SkyDrive, which now has more than 250 million users worldwide;

� Microsoft also worked with the FBI's Data Intercept Unit to "understand" potential issues with a feature in Outlook.com that allows users to create email aliases;

� In July last year, nine months after Microsoft bought Skype, the NSA boasted that a new capability had tripled the amount of Skype video calls being collected through Prism;

� Material collected through Prism is routinely shared with the FBI and CIA, with one NSA document describing the program as a "team sport".
    rarsen likes this.
    07-12-13 07:57 AM
    These are leaked specs and nothing more. Wait until we are closer to launch date before getting into an uproar. It's still 3-4 months out and, from what I hear, there is more than one version being tested with different specs.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that it's a way out, but Bla1ze usually gets things right.
    07-12-13 07:59 AM
    WoW! MicroSux.
    This is nothing new. People were aware of back doors in M$ products since the 90s.

Do you think other companies aren't doing the same thing? Especially companies that do a lot of business with the USG?
    07-12-13 08:02 AM
    I agree that it's a way out, but Bla1ze usually gets things right.
    And he didn't speak of RAM or processor. Still lots of time and news to come.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-12-13 08:03 AM
    This is nothing new. People were aware of back doors in M$ products since the 90s.

Do you think other companies aren't doing the same thing? Especially companies that do a lot of business with the USG?
    Oh, OK. I guess everything is alright then.
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-12-13 08:12 AM
    07-12-13 08:12 AM
    Does anyone know if Dell has the balance sheet to buy a stake in BlackBerry?

The PC market has been on a decline for the past 3 quarters, Lenovo has overtaken HP as the largest PC maker and is well aware of the future in mobile computing, HP will come out with a new smartphone,... and for some reason Carl Icahn is chasing Dell?

I think it's part of a bigger plan.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    07-12-13 08:19 AM
    Morning Gang,

this is a little OT but still related to BB / BBRY wrt R&D. therewas an article in the G&M a coule of days ago...
    How to sell Silicon Valley on the death of silicon - The Globe and Mail

in the article the author suggests a team up with Blackberry could be very benificial to both companies, but this is highly speculative. With all the talk of quadcores and multiple gigs of ram being the only way for BB to compete and the insistance that "battery life must not suffer", I really hope there is someone in BB R&D taking a good hard look at this. IF, as the article suggests, this is a new and better tech, and IF BB could get it first, then maybe, just maybe they stand a fighting chance. IF they give it a pass or wait for someone else to prove the tech... well then they will continue to play catch up.

Anyone with some experience or knowledge in the sector, please comment. I'm thinking of selling some assets and buying some of this as a purely speculative play.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-12-13 08:22 AM
    Does anyone know if Dell has the balance sheet to buy a stake in BlackBerry?

The PC market has been on a decline for the past 3 quarters, Lenovo has overtaken HP as the largest PC maker and is well aware of the future in mobile computing, HP will come out with a new smartphone,... and for some reason Carl Icahn is chasing Dell?

I think it's part of a bigger plan.

Posted via CB10
    I think Dell has to figure out who's gonna own it first. I think they're more worried about that at the moment.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-12-13 08:22 AM
    The history of BB in pictures.

BlackBerry through the ages
    BlackBerry through the ages - CNN.com
    07-12-13 08:23 AM
    I think Dell has to figure out who's gonna own it first. I think they're more worried about that at the moment.
    true, but I'm interested in what Icahn would do if he were to get the approval..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:28 AM
    Why the BlackBerry PlayBook is still worth buying

Why the BlackBerry PlayBook is still worth buying - Liliputing
    Randeman likes this.
    07-12-13 08:31 AM
    Morning Gang,

this is a little OT but still related to BB / BBRY wrt R&D. therewas an article in the G&M a coule of days ago...
    How to sell Silicon Valley on the death of silicon - The Globe and Mail

in the article the author suggests a team up with Blackberry could be very benificial to both companies, but this is highly speculative. With all the talk of quadcores and multiple gigs of ram being the only way for BB to compete and the insistance that "battery life must not suffer", I really hope there is someone in BB R&D taking a good hard look at this. IF, as the article suggests, this is a new and better tech, and IF BB could get it first, then maybe, just maybe they stand a fighting chance. IF they give it a pass or wait for someone else to prove the tech... well then they will continue to play catch up.

Anyone with some experience or knowledge in the sector, please comment. I'm thinking of selling some assets and buying some of this as a purely speculative play.
    This is an interesting part of the article that I can't argue with

"If I were POET, I would look to a company like BlackBerry Ltd. to validate the microchip. Perhaps BlackBerry’s engineers can create a smartphone using the POET microchip side by side with a product using silicon chips. That would show the results and the performance attributes.

In exchange, POET could offer BlackBerry exclusivity for two years to produce smartphones with the POET chips. That way both companies win. Once an independent third-party technology company can prove POET’s claims, then money will flood in from all of Silicon Valley."
    07-12-13 08:36 AM
    true, but I'm interested in what Icahn would do if he were to get the approval..

Posted via CB10
    Would be interesting to see his new offer, supposed to come out this morning. In my opinion, Dell sucks.They make bad hardware.
    07-12-13 08:42 AM
    Would be interesting to see his new offer, supposed to come out this morning. In my opinion, Dell sucks.They make bad hardware.
    Already out.

"Billionaire investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management Inc sweetened their bid for Dell Inc by adding warrants they say would increase the value of the offer to a range of $15.50 to $18.00 per share from $14.00.

Under the new offer, Dell shareholders would get $14.00 per share and a warrant for every four shares held. The warrant would entitle the holder to buy Dell shares for $20.00 each within the next seven years.

The move is Icahn's latest effort to block a $24.4 billion buyout offer, or $13.65 per share, from company founder Michael Dell and private equity firm Silver Lake.

Dell shareholders will vote on the offer July 18."
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and leafs123 like this.
    07-12-13 08:45 AM
    Which U.S. Activist Is Best To Make BlackBerry Lemons Into Lemonade?

Which U.S. Activist Is Best To Make BlackBerry Lemons Into Lemonade? - Seeking Alpha

The Lemonader

Mark Rachesky is perhaps the best fitted activist for the role to be had with BBRY. He made a lot of friends in Canada with LFG. The stakes are high enough here to warrant someone of his ilk to get involved and he is from Wall Street: he knows what will scare the shorts and satisfy the analysts. He knows that marketing in the right U.S. venues will make the BBRY products feel more attuned to the youth. He is youth. We have previously valued BBRY shares at $20+ and we stick with that valuation. Given the growing short position, having an activist such as Mark come in now would shake but not eliminate the shorts, as they are not ones to go away without being completely annihilated as they were with Tesla Motors (TSLA). We think the right ingredients including Mark in the BlackBerry lemonade mix will bring similar results to BBRY.

Source: Which U.S. Activist Is Best To Make BlackBerry Lemons Into Lemonade?
    07-12-13 08:57 AM
    Oh, OK. I guess everything is alright then.
    I didn't say it was alright, did I. It's a fact that most people have been aware of for a long time.

Don't put words in my posts that aren't there. I can screw things up well enough by myself.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 08:59 AM
    Already out.

"Billionaire investor Carl Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management Inc sweetened their bid for Dell Inc by adding warrants they say would increase the value of the offer to a range of $15.50 to $18.00 per share from $14.00.

Under the new offer, Dell shareholders would get $14.00 per share and a warrant for every four shares held. The warrant would entitle the holder to buy Dell shares for $20.00 each within the next seven years.

The move is Icahn's latest effort to block a $24.4 billion buyout offer, or $13.65 per share, from company founder Michael Dell and private equity firm Silver Lake.

Dell shareholders will vote on the offer July 18."
    damm icahn will definitely not back down without a good fight. I am a small dell shareholder and i got in before the initial deal from michael dell at excatly 13.65 and then next week i find out his buyout price is also 13.65/share lol, so all i lose is the broker fees if michael dell wins..but i am not sure whether to vote for or against because i do like icahn's offer as well..hmm tough decision but im favour towards voting against michael dell
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-12-13 09:00 AM
    That's a pretty good offer. I'd take that for BBRY. lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-12-13 09:04 AM
    I didn't say it was alright, did I. It's a fact that most people have been aware of for a long time.

Don't put words in my posts that aren't there. I can screw things up well enough by myself.
    OK, my apologies.
    cjcampbell and DragonFlyer like this.
    07-12-13 09:08 AM
    And he didn't speak of RAM or processor. Still lots of time and news to come.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. He does point out that there will be different versions. That said, what he does list isn't earth shattering. Nothing that will make people ruch out to buy one.
    07-12-13 09:11 AM
    "With half of all companies expected to employ a bring-your-own-device, or BYOD, program by 2017, there's about to be a growing need to secure employee mobile computing devices in a streamlined manner. To that end, Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) recently introduced its Secure Work Space solution for Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android and Apple Inc. "

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY)’s Gamechanger? - Insider Monkey

They keep referring to the company as Research in Motion. When is that going to stop!
    07-12-13 09:11 AM
113,256 ... 15301531153215331534 ...