Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-09-13 07:08 PM
    OK, no one here may know the answer to this, but here goes:

Was BBRY that fat with personnel that they can keep letting people go without a degradation to performance?
    07-09-13 07:10 PM

Was BBRY that fat with personnel that they can keep letting people go without a degradation to performance?
    The problem was there was NO PERFORMANCE in the USA. So they are fixing it. What would you have them do?
    07-09-13 07:19 PM
    Makes sense considering the results to date in the USA.
    07-09-13 07:20 PM
    The problem was there was NO PERFORMANCE in the USA. So they are fixing it. What would you have them do?
    I could care less about the US guy. I'm talking about more layoffs. At some point, the personnel cuts hurt them.
    07-09-13 07:23 PM
    Sounding very much like BNN. I stopped reading when he said buyout at $5-7/share. C'mon.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 07:24 PM
    I could care less about the US guy. I'm talking about more layoffs. At some point, the personnel cuts hurt them.
    I think Thor something about him not being in job killing or something of that nature.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 07:25 PM
    BlackBerry confirmed the firing of Piasentin but hasn’t commented on any layoffs

According to some, there were layoffs a couple of months ago but it was a relatively small number. I don't think they're looking at another round of 1000's. Get rid of those that either aren't needed, or simply aren't performing and replace them with stronger and better employees. Go to the BlackBerry site and look at the number of openings they have. It's not like they are just dropping people. They are looking for better talent and in more specific roles. That is the way to run a business.
    07-09-13 07:33 PM
    Does BlackBerry have a chance in the anti free market in the US? They seem bent on not allowing anyone to have a slice of the mobile OS pie in the world other then apple, Google and Microsoft. the US has had a long history of corporate attacks on Canadian enterprises. This constant attack on BlackBerry is no different. Like the Chinese the US are excellent at stealing other peoples technology. The US would be nothing like they are today without the technology, science who knows what else they stole from the Germans after ww2.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:43 PM
    BlackBerry confirmed the firing of Piasentin but hasn�t commented on any layoffs

According to some, there were layoffs a couple of months ago but it was a relatively small number. I don't think they're looking at another round of 1000's. Get rid of those that either aren't needed, or simply aren't performing and replace them with stronger and better employees. Go to the BlackBerry site and look at the number of openings they have. It's not like they are just dropping people. They are looking for better talent and in more specific roles. That is the way to run a business.
    The bottom 10% of poorer performers should be replaced each year.
    07-09-13 07:51 PM
    Does BlackBerry have a chance in the anti free market in the US? They seem bent on not allowing anyone to have a slice of the mobile OS pie in the world other then apple, Google and Microsoft. the US has had a long history of corporate attacks on Canadian enterprises. This constant attack on BlackBerry is no different. Like the Chinese the US are excellent at stealing other peoples technology. The US would be nothing like they are today without the technology, science who knows what else they stole from the Germans after ww2.

Posted via CB10
    Well sir, you're nothing if not consistent. However, lets not get into the history of what they did or did not do during the war. That could open up a whole can of worms for many.
    07-09-13 07:58 PM
    New Microsoft tablet advert. :-)

07-09-13 08:00 PM
    BlackBerry confirmed the firing of Piasentin but hasn�t commented on any layoffs

Where will they find "stronger and better employees", that would be willing to leave their current job?

Along with finding it hard to sell phones, it is going to be hard for them to attract or retaine talented people
    07-09-13 08:02 PM
    New Microsoft tablet advert. :-)

This is what we need to see from BlackBerry. It's time to get in the ring and throw some punches.
    cjcampbell, abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 08:05 PM
    Where will they find "stronger and better employees", that would be willing to leave their current job?

Along with finding it hard to sell phones, it is going to be hard for them to attract or retaine talented people
    As like many of us, there are those who don't see it as a dead company. Many people move from one opportunity to the next. Especially in the tech sector. Long gone are the days of everyone finding an employer and sticking with them until retirement.
    bungaboy, zyben and peter9477 like this.
    07-09-13 08:16 PM
    "Get In The Ring" - guns n� roses, is the kind of attitude they need
    07-09-13 08:17 PM

For 20 years, they grew and grew and grew. If a department needed a software engineer or secretary, they hired one. Cash abounded. Come today, they are not growing and there were overlapping job duties and some people didn't have 40 hours of work to do.

So, you clean up for the first time in the history of the company.
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 08:26 PM
    The bottom 10% of poorer performers should be replaced each year.
    Ummmm... maybe 2-3%?

Too many people getting axed destroys morale of remaining staff.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-09-13 08:36 PM
    It looks like this guy is ready to get in the ring and kick some azz.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-get-ring.jpg
    07-09-13 08:42 PM
    Ummmm... maybe 2-3%?

Too many people getting axed destroys morale of remaining staff.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    And the best that lack confidence will leave. This is a failed model of stupidity. I would never work for such a place unless I had no choice.
    07-09-13 08:45 PM
    Is there a recording of today's event? I'd love the audio to listen to tomorrow.
    07-09-13 08:45 PM
    For 20 years, they grew and grew and grew. If a department needed a software engineer or secretary, they hired one. Cash abounded. Come today, they are not growing and there were overlapping job duties and some people didn't have 40 hours of work to do.

So, you clean up for the first time in the history of the company.
    Yeah, but they already ganked 5,000.
    07-09-13 08:57 PM
    Yeah, but they already ganked 5,000.
    And . . . . your point is?

Your Private sector management experience is?

You cut the cloth to fit the suit.

Thorsten Heins openly and publicly stated today his job was to create employment.

What more do you want only 5 months into their Corporate rebuilding plan?
    07-09-13 10:04 PM
    Who's the old guy on the right?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:12 PM
    Enjoyed reading all the comments today...thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 10:15 PM
113,256 ... 15111512151315141515 ...