View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TH did a much better job today than he did at the Launch or at the Quarterly Report.

That said... was there really anything positive about the investor call?

Any new devices?
    Any new services?
    Any more information on how BBM will make the company profits?
    Any info on how the Q10 is being received?
    Any info on what the profits from their Automotive / QNX division are?
    We did learn that Carriers are their partner, and that updates will continue through them... which isn't really good.
    We did learn that the US market is very difficult... but not how BB plans to win it over.

A lot of talk about managing expectation for the future is not really positive in my book.
    I respectfully disagree with your last comment, managing expectations will help mitigate future over-hype and missed street expectations causing slumps in the SP and negative sentiment towards the brand.

New devices & services:

He spoke of 6 active devices at any given point, we so far have the:
    z10, q10, q5, a10(later in the yeare) a new BB7 device (9900 successor) and one more potentially.

New services coincide with the continual roll out of the BES 10 & enterprise related services.

BBM Profits

He eluded to the point that with an average 90 minutes of BBM user time - it should translate in to sales of advertising. I too wish there was a more elaborate scheme but I think BBRY is proceeding cautiously to again, mitigate overhype before they have things clearly set out and have a clear, actionable and strategic plan. I'm completely fine with them doing it this way.

Q10 Being Received

Wish he had discussed this more as well.

Automotive & QNX Divisions

I figure BBRY hasn't said anything concerning these revenues because they may be immaterial so far with regards to revenues streams or else they would have included it in their notes on the F/S (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong).

He eluded to it being a future revenue stream that BBRY has been trusted to manage because its secure and already has the ground work done.

US Strategy

I agree with you here, that is one action plan I really hoped to hear. It seems they aren't ready to address it yet but have surely recognized that it is a market that they plan on trying to help recapture market share. I just hope it doesn't continue to slide!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Compaqee; 07-09-13 at 11:34 AM.
    07-09-13 11:23 AM
    TH did a much better job today than he did at the Launch or at the Quarterly Report.

That said... was there really anything positive about the investor call?

Any new devices?
    Any new services?
    Any more information on how BBM will make the company profits?
    Any info on how the Q10 is being received?
    Any info on what the profits from their Automotive / QNX division are?
    We did learn that Carriers are their partner, and that updates will continue through them... which isn't really good.
    We did learn that the US market is very difficult... but not how BB plans to win it over.

A lot of talk about managing expectation for the future is not really positive in my book.
    Annual meetings are not for launching new products, most of the time they are non events, even though some share holders get all exited. So an Up day is a Good day, Annual meeting or Not.
    All the selling was way overdone. TH gave positives during the CC and his tone was perhaps not as assertive as some of the Wall Streeters wanted to hear. So the Wall Streeters tossed aside any sense of reality and claimed they end of the world for BB. Of course a gazillion shorters wouldn't be biased? Nooo.
    07-09-13 11:26 AM
    I expect them to launch a BBM platform for enterprises. Thor hinted at it.
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    07-09-13 11:27 AM
    I listened the entire AGSM. I felt it was all positive. In particular, the following things please me lot.
    1. I was worried that the term "Strategic Review" might surface during the meeting. The fact is that it was not mentioned at all (except for the question from one shareholder). It ensures me that the board and company management is confident that the company can survive itself with current business structure and new platform.
    2. All voting items have been passed with majority without any fighting. Very smooth process.
    3. Hein's presentation, IMHO, is excellent (once you are used to his accent). He clearly laid out the three turn around phases required to bring back the company to sustainable profitability and success. It seems that he is very convinced the his vision of mobile computing "thing" and has a plan on hand to carry it out. As many articles stated, the strength of the BB10 OS is its QNX core, which has much less coding lines and more efficient than that of other mobile OS, such as iSO and Android. Once the company can fully leverage this advantage and develop the products which lead the future "internet things", then it may become a mighty tech company again. Furthermore, he addressed the strategy on stabilizing and then increasing the service revenue through the BES10 cross-platform solution to the enterprise.
    4. I also like the consensus reached that we shall not break up company or sale the hardware division before high value has been created. In other words, until someone willing to pay the price we want, the company is not for sale.
    5. With the three turn-around phases, we shall understand that our investment time would not be one mouth or one year. The realistic time shall be 3 to 4 years. This message will reduce the volatility of the SP and stabilize the SP.

In short, as a shareholder, I am willing to give this management a chance to carry out its vision and turn the company around.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 07-09-13 at 11:53 AM.
    07-09-13 11:28 AM
    I’m slightly more confident in potential long positions in BBRY after the AGM. I’d like to see how the stock trades/closes today and what tomm’s price action is like (basically the market perception after they digest what was being said).

In either case, I’d probably go long using options to better manage my risk.

I’m still concerned that nothing new was announced especially as it relates to partnerships... that was one big circle j@rk that gave us nothing. If this is a “hope” play... we elected a president twice on that, who am I to fight that?

I just hope that the mobile carrier earnings over the next few weeks don't undermine TH's message.
    07-09-13 12:04 PM
    Good conference call.
    1. showed unity.
    2. showed clear vision (where the puck going to be).
    3. knows the issues with US carriers and also knows why and accepts it with empathy. this is must. that means knows his limitations and accepting it.
    4.No breakup BS or sold off issues. he is right when he said that first create value, in order to be attractive.
    5. Venezuela is not a write off, they just could not add this in to Q1, since then, they have received some payment.
    6. BES 10 is getting out in the market and showed the confidence.
    7. "here to create jobs"
    8. reduced the production cost and made blackberry well functioning along with low operating cost company. achieved a billion dollar shave a quarter earlier than his goal.
    Over all I am pleased with this meeting.
    07-09-13 12:11 PM
    5. With the three turn-around phases, we shall understand that our investment time would not be one mouth or one year. The realistic time shall be 3 to 4 years. This message will reduce the volatility of the SP and stabilize the SP.
    What are the three turn-around phases?
    07-09-13 12:16 PM
    Details here and later pages : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...36/index2.html

P.S: fiscal Q2 2014 is starting point for phase 2.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    07-09-13 12:22 PM
    See the slide above. LOL

3 phases plan
    07-09-13 12:24 PM
    The three phases
    Fix
    Build and invest
    Benefit

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 12:27 PM
    Details here and later pages : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...36/index2.html

A Picture is worth a thousand words. LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 12:32 PM
    A Picture is worth a thousand words. LOL
    LOL, then a whole dozen ... (slides snapshooted)
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 12:44 PM

Thanks for posting the slides.

One more doubt, what is "BlackBerry Global Data Network"?
    07-09-13 12:46 PM
    The three phases
    Fix
    Build and invest
    Benefit

Posted via CB10
    And on what date ( and time ) does the Benefit phase start?
    07-09-13 12:54 PM
    Thanks for posting the slides.

One more doubt, what is "BlackBerry Global Data Network"?
    The NOC I believe.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 12:55 PM
    Did they mention if we ever see bbm for android or ios?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    07-09-13 01:12 PM

yes, it was on their slides
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 01:13 PM

Yes they did.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture2.png

P.S : btw, thanks
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    07-09-13 01:16 PM
    Yes they did.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	716 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	180767

P.S : btw, thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	716 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	180766
    Thays what they said during bb jam.. And they already missed that... So. Did they say anything when bbm will be released on ios or android? Or are we lookng at a playbook bb10 timeframe?

07-09-13 01:19 PM
    Thays what they said during bb jam.. And they already missed that... So. Did they say anything when bbm will be released on ios or android? Or are we lookng at a playbook bb10 timeframe?

What are you talking about? They've said from the start that the launch time frame is summer. They haven't missed anything.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 01:25 PM
    What are you talking about? They've said from the start that the launch time frame is summer.
    Did they not say end of june at bb jam?

June 27...its come and gone. So has the 28th

07-09-13 01:28 PM
    Saying we are doing fine and we are sticking to the plan is hardly cause for applause. He already delivered the bad news on June 28. Today was a chance for shareholders to ask important questions. Which they didn't. Today is not any reason to buy sell or hold. He never addressed doing what he said but didn't aka playbook bb10. Never was asked what record z10 sales meant when it clearly wasn't the case. What's the time line for important apps which is one of the biggest reasons why the new phones aren't selling. And what he plans to do about changing the bbry image. Regardless of what bbry supporters say, bbry has become a laughing stock amongst the smart phone users. They are ridiculed and people are chastised for still using their products. The z10 is an amazing phone considering where bbry was just last year. And nobody will give them a chance until they become cool again. I don't have those answers but I read somewhere that bbrys advertising budget was incrreased from an average 400m to about 500m. Is that enough? Or is the budget being used correctly? Now that the stock has bottomed ,for now , I am debating if I should jump in as a long. I already cashed out my short position.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-09-13 01:33 PM

here is the link to blackberry denying that date.
    BlackBerry Messenger For iOS, Android June 27 Release Date False: BBM App To Come Preloaded Onto Rival Companies' Phones | KpopStarz
    bungaboy and bondary like this.
    07-09-13 01:34 PM

That date was tweeted out from a carrier in the UK which was a lie. BBRY never said June 27, their time line has been summer from the start.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 01:38 PM
    Looking for some clarication. During the AGM some shareholders voiced that they did not want to see the company broken up. I'm assuming that means broken up and sold for parts, as in, another company buys the BB10 OS, the BES architecture goes to someone else, and so forth, leaving nothing of BlackBerry the company.

Now, if BlackBerry were to partner with Sony or someone else to make the physical handsets for them, that would simply be considered a partnership, correct? BlackBerry wouldn't be selling off a line of business, they would just be leveraging a partner's large scale capabilities, right?
    07-09-13 01:40 PM
113,256 ... 15081509151015111512 ...