View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One commune mistake. Q5 is for selected regions. Not for developing countries. It is in particular shaped for companies fleets.

Posted via CB10
    My interpretation of the selected part led to me being surprised at this. I took the selected market part as just overseas, not Canada.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 04:56 PM
    Personally I think the Q5 will be popular amongst heavy messaging teens / young adults in every market.
    Overpriced for teens - if they go BlackBerry it will be a curve
    07-08-13 05:12 PM
    That article link says may... What the heck does that mean? We're 4 months from that comment... Did he throw it out as a hedge in case BB10 didn't take off?

So to bring it up again on the earnings call is a bit shady.

Just my 2 cents.
    07-08-13 05:24 PM
    Based on the number of teens with iPhone's, your logic is flawed.
    07-08-13 05:29 PM
    Going back and re-reading this thread is sort of interesting - around this time last year, some of you guys (no names, no pack drill) were estimating between 20 - 40 million BB10 devices sold within the first year.
    And many said the Leafs would win the Stanley Cup too.
    07-08-13 05:53 PM
    Yeah, I'm thinking 20 million is the minimum that BBRY needs to sell this year. I suspect that is still possible assuming there is large demand for the qwerty keyboard phones. But there is just no chance at 40 million BB10 phones. That isn't going to happen.
    07-08-13 06:01 PM
    Anti BlackBerry and Debbie downer Cgk love to throw in his unwanted and never asked for 2cents. Hey Cgk do you own BBRY shares? If not why are you here?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:01 PM
    Based on the number of teens with iPhone's, your logic is flawed.
    You're not a CEO with a PhD, are you?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-08-13 06:04 PM
    There are many who won't be content until this thread is permanently closed.

I know who they are. You know who they are. They know who they are. Sad.
    07-08-13 06:06 PM
    You're not a CEO with a PhD, are you?
    Technically I am a CEO but no "official" PhD. But I am an ordained Dudiest priest lol
    07-08-13 06:13 PM
    There are many who won't be content until this thread is permanently closed.

I know who they are. You know who they are. They know who they are. Sad.
    Not entirely sure about the highlighted part above. In case I'm right...

mrfreetruth, it's nice that you're so positive and all, but in case you weren't aware of it: this thread recently went through a three day "timeout" (as in what you do to little kids who are misbehaving) because of excessive trolling, counter-trolling, griping, personal attacks, and general rancor.

Your post above is a perfect way to get us back to that nasty atmosphere, and in case you didn't realize it's much more likely that the next time things devolve that far this entire thread will be shut down. We don't want that, and I don't think you want that. Please avoid the personal attacks and slurs (such as the unnecessary "Debbie downer" comment), and use the Ignore feature if you dislike someone's posts so much.
    07-08-13 06:16 PM
    Sliver of positive...

Best Smartphones - Business Insider

The argument is the same about apps, but it's preaching to the choir right.

No surprise that the 5 Is #1
    07-08-13 06:26 PM
    Overpriced compare to IOS or Android?
    07-08-13 06:44 PM
    Side note: anyone without power here in the GTA? Major flooding and been without power for 3 hours now, which is expected to last till midnight. Thank God for my Z10 charger bundle that I have a spare battery to keep me going!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:14 PM
    Side note: anyone without power here in the GTA? Major flooding and been without power for 3 hours now, which is expected to last till midnight. Thank God for my Z10 charger bundle that I have a spare battery to keep me going!

Posted via CB10
    Stay safe!
    _dimi_ and leafs123 like this.
    07-08-13 07:25 PM
    RIM shares are cheap, but risks abound

Chris Umiastowski

The Globe and Mail
    Published Monday, Jul. 08 2013, 8:06 PM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Jul. 08 2013, 8:24 PM EDT

...................... And my own shares? I do believe the company is undervalued, so I’m still holding on. But I’m going to be following today’s meeting for clues about whether I should reconsider.
    RIM shares are cheap, but risks abound - The Globe and Mail
    Superfly_FR, Bugmapper and snejpa like this.
    07-08-13 07:36 PM
    And many said the Leafs would win the Stanley Cup too.
    Whoa whoa whoa...

Lets deal with reality here, the last time the Leafs won the cup there were only about 3 billion people on the planet.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    07-08-13 07:39 PM
    Whoa whoa whoa...

Lets deal with reality here, the last time the Leafs won the cup there were only about 3 billion people on the planet.
    LoL I guess I should have included "over the last 45 years" :-)
    07-08-13 07:43 PM
    Ignore feature? This many sound silly but how do you ignore someone?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:49 PM
    Stay safe to all those of you downtown caught in the GTA flooding. Im out in the suburbs already, lucky I got out early enough before the crazy started!

Cheers!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 07:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Stay safe sir!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy, leafs123 and kfh227 like this.
    07-08-13 07:54 PM
    Well gentlemen...read most of the posts...I'm still confident they can pull this pit out of my stomach with some good news and decent results. What has happened here (IMO) is exactly what the over exposed positions needed to happen, get all the press reiterating the boom and gloom, get all the couch CEO's chirping and proclaiming how right they were.

In the end, nothing has changed...we are a year away from the rest of the story and I believe now, as I initially believed...this is going to be a great comeback story and a nice profitable "boutique" device play....cheers.

FYI...I have not sold or added to my position as I am thinking a bit more of a drop is coming.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, jxnb, take99 and 2 others like this.
    07-08-13 08:09 PM
    That article link says may... What the heck does that mean? We're 4 months from that comment... Did he throw it out as a hedge in case BB10 didn't take off?

So to bring it up again on the earnings call is a bit shady.

Just my 2 cents.
    He mentioned BB7 devices again in a CBC interview at the end of March. Any plans for a new BB7 device were not meant as a hedge against BB10 not taking off anyway, but were meant as a hedge against declines in BB7 sales with the existing BB7 devices. If sales held up really well with the existing BB7 devices, there was probably the option to delay or kill the launch of the new device. The Q10 and Z10 are not affordable for 80-90%+ of BlackBerry's customers in emerging markets, so any decision to launch a new BB7 device seems wholly independent of how Q10 and Z10 sales are doing.

BlackBerry CEO says new phones needed to stay relevant - Business - CBC News
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-08-13 08:13 PM
    07-08-13 09:27 PM
    Link is not working. Regardless, I am the least worried as long as Prem is not selling.
    07-08-13 09:48 PM
113,256 ... 15031504150515061507 ...