View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Interesting day folks, BB was "meh" today and the Leafs overpaid with way too much term for Clarkson. OK with Bozies contract (maybe 1 year too long).
    07-05-13 02:50 PM
    Thought this was interesting from Seeking Alpha a few hours ago:

BlackBerry's (BBRY -0.4%) slumping stock price could pressure its board to review its options, a...

Friday, July 5, 2:05 PM ET
    BlackBerry's (BBRY -0.4%) slumping stock price could pressure its board to review its options, a source close to the company tells Reuters. The news service notes BlackBerry investors upset over the company's FQ1 miss are likely to question management about its strategy at Tuesday's annual meeting. Last year, Bloomberg reported IBM informally approached BlackBerry about acquiring its network operations centers (NOCs), and Reuters reported Jim Balsillie resigned after failing to get BlackBerry to sell access to its NOCs for use with iOS/Android data plans.
    morganplus8, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 03:01 PM
    finally and end to a bad week, next week is a new day
    07-05-13 03:07 PM
    My charts: 30 minute, daily, and weekly.

Man, why can't we have any good news that can drive up this stock? We are already out of the wedge. I am concerned with what will be announced, after AGM.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2013-07-05-4.19.38-pm.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2013-07-05-4.20.27-pm.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2013-07-05-4.19.16-pm.jpg
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 03:25 PM
    Surprisingly, AAPL's R&D budget is extremely small compared to BlackBerry. Their issue isn't the amount of money they have, ($ 138 Billion) its the fact that most of it is off-shore and will be heavily taxed when they re-patriot it back to the US. Makes you wonder how it is possible that they are so far behind the curve now regarding i OS 7.0 and their phone. They are so geared to the bottom line that they won't spend cash to innovate. I think that BB 10.2 is going to be a great release when it comes in the Fall, but I OS 7.0 looks like they are playing catch up here as BlackBerry will be talking BB 10.3 and 10.4 by the time they release another update. Then there is the I Phone 5S, BlackBerry has a great chance to make some headway (A10) while AAPL counts their money.
    AAPL also has the hoghest brand loyalty of anyone out there... By far. iOS is only stale with respect to those in the competition, tech writers & analysts. They're sitting on 1/2 billion global iOS users... Upsetting the (pardon the pun) apple cart for the sake of rolling out something "fresh" prematurely would be a mistake.

Who knows what iOS 7 will be but it'll probably be out before 10.2..
    07-05-13 03:38 PM
    What could be announced on Tuesday that could push this stock up?
    07-05-13 03:40 PM
    OT, but I promised earlier. This summer in Paris
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000761.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 04:15 PM
    A question for all the experts out there if i may, when doing the research looking for a potential gold mine i.e. a undervalue company debt free, pay dividend and other financial data variables etc. are there any good site(s) out there that would provide information like these in a centralize location ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend boys!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 04:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000761.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	179356

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to meeting up with you and your family in Paris in late August Antoine . Fun times!!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-05-13 05:36 PM
    Very rare I would agreed with those analysts out there but if this is true, us shareholders need to make this front and center to be one of their priorities to deliver the property user experienced along with a great product.

Thorsten has a habit of sandbagging that I have repeatedly noted, and which caused me to stop looking for something bad to come when he did it in the last two quarters.
    >>>Related articles:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/finance...to-get-serious
    07-05-13 05:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000761.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	179356

Posted via CB10
    Ou est tout les belles femme? (says bungaboy stretching to recall his grade 12 French from ~40 years ago.)
    lcjr likes this.
    07-05-13 05:44 PM
    Very rare I would agreed with those analysts out there but if this is true, us shareholders need to make this front and center to be one of their priorities to deliver the property user experienced along with a great product.

Thorsten has a habit of sandbagging that I have repeatedly noted, and which caused me to stop looking for something bad to come when he did it in the last two quarters.
    >>>Related articles:

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): Blackberry Annual Meeting: Time To Get Serious | iStockAnalyst.com
    Yup. Would love to see it happen. BB release or make available OS updates via Link.
    07-05-13 05:54 PM
    Yup. Would love to see it happen. BB release or make available OS updates via Link.
    If this happened AT&T would like not carry BlackBerry phones again. It's a tuff balancing act and BlackBerry is doing its best given the size of the company.

To get AT&T to act, BlackBerry would likely need to offer something in 10.2 that generates revenue for AT&T. Maybe a comission on every bbm money transfer. $$$ talks.
    morganplus8 and abouthsu like this.
    07-05-13 06:19 PM
    Looking forward to meeting up with you and your family in Paris in late August Antoine . Fun times!!

Posted via CB10
    Should be back the very 1st of September... hope you'll still be there !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 07:09 PM
    Ou est tout les belles femme? (says bungaboy stretching to recall his grade 12 French from ~40 years ago.)
    All behind me haha french lover me !

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 07:11 PM
    Should be back the very 1st of September... hope you'll still be there !

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, leave Paris for San Sebastian on the 3rd so yes I will be terrorizing Paris until then lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:24 PM
    Lagoon: your chart has a ton going on, you have CCI, RSI, STOCH RSI & MACD...

Having all those things create confusion... A fairly "useful" approach is to look for divergence between your indicators and price. You can google images to get an idea of what I mean if you have an identical chart with price & one indicator only... Stoch RSI would be my suggestion.

I can post a chart to show what I mean if you'd like.

E.g. If price is rising and your indicator is declining (vice versa), that would tell you something about price action. If you google
    07-05-13 07:29 PM
    OPTIONS

OK, today I closed about half of my Jan 2014 calls at the 30 strike at a big loss. Figure I might as well get something seeing they will probably go worthless. the other half are going to ride till the next earnings call.

Hoping Monday is a down day so i can open:
    Jan 17 2015 calls (currently under $1)
    Jan 5 2015 calls (currently trading with next to no premium)

Those jan 5 2015s are going for $4.80. So, I am basically buying the stock for $9.80 but I get control of 2x the shares. Not bad considering that BBRY closed at $9.55 today.
    abouthsu likes this.
    07-05-13 07:42 PM
    A question for all the experts out there if i may, when doing the research looking for a potential gold mine i.e. a undervalue company debt free, pay dividend and other financial data variables etc. are there any good site(s) out there that would provide information like these in a centralize location ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend boys!!
    Morningstar used to be good but now you only get 5 years of data and the data is somewhat limited.

I am a member of gurufocus.com. I can not say enough good things about it, especially the financial data summary. Not sure what you get for free. I think you can join (unpaid member) and you get the data. But you might have to pay ... $300/year.
    abouthsu likes this.
    07-05-13 07:45 PM
    Lagoon: your chart has a ton going on, you have CCI, RSI, STOCH RSI & MACD...

Having all those things create confusion... A fairly "useful" approach is to look for divergence between your indicators and price. You can google images to get an idea of what I mean if you have an identical chart with price & one indicator only... Stoch RSI would be my suggestion.

I can post a chart to show what I mean if you'd like.

E.g. If price is rising and your indicator is declining (vice versa), that would tell you something about price action. If you google
    Hi Greywolf; I, usually, use macd, stoch rsi, and rsi. Mostly macd and stoch rsi on 30m, 60m, and daily. The divergence on macd and stoch rsi are not always accurate with bbry, especially when the price falls.

What is your thought on bbry latest chart / action?
    07-05-13 08:53 PM
    OPTIONS

OK, today I closed about half of my Jan 2014 calls at the 30 strike at a big loss. Figure I might as well get something seeing they will probably go worthless. the other half are going to ride till the next earnings call.

Hoping Monday is a down day so i can open:
    Jan 17 2015 calls (currently under $1)
    Jan 5 2015 calls (currently trading with next to no premium)

Those jan 5 2015s are going for $4.80. So, I am basically buying the stock for $9.80 but I get control of 2x the shares. Not bad considering that BBRY closed at $9.55 today.
    Damn, those are tempting, but how are you getting 2x the shares? Sorry I could be having brain fart.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-uploadfromtaptalk1373076660371.jpg  
    07-05-13 09:11 PM
    Damn, those are tempting, but how are you getting 2x the shares? Sorry I could be having brain fart.
    What website or app is that?
    07-05-13 09:25 PM
    Oh, good to see the thread back in action! I'm not looking at BBRY to closely this next week because I have family visiting and we're going to Colorado Springs to see my girls soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
    07-05-13 09:36 PM
    Revisiting the quarters Q&A.

Did thy answer any ******* questions. Holy ****.

Sorry for the swears, but they are warranted.

This gem:
    Q: Any BES revenues for all of fiscal year 2014 expected? They did not even say yes or no. WTF!

Still reading ....
    morganplus8 and Reed Richards like this.
    07-05-13 09:37 PM
    Revisiting the quarters Q&A.

Did thy answer any ******* questions. Holy ****.

Sorry for the swears, but they are warranted.

This gem:
    Q: Any BES revenues for all of fiscal year 2014 expected? They did not even say yes or no. WTF!

Still reading ....
    Sooooo.... havin' a few tonight? lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:46 PM
106,786 ... 14961497149814991500 ...