View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I still find it funny how a company flush with cash and just ramping up could bleed so badly on one marginally bad report. Not to mention the media this small company gets is clearly targeted. Would APPL drop 30% on one missed report?

Its almost as though there are far to many people that WANT desperately BBRY to fail

I'm still holding, hoping for a pop at some stage ...this bleeding has to stop at some point. I was going to add, but at this stage, I think its to risky
    07-03-13 09:08 AM
    30% increase of revenue compared to last year quarter in NA though.

^yes, and this.

The economy grew at less that 2%, yet BB eclipsed that, and reversed a trend of sales ...... just don't get the reaction on this stock. I did not see that coming. I expected 10-15% tops on a bad report, this has been a blood bath that to me was clearly planned and perfectly executed by the Bears.
    07-03-13 09:10 AM
    guys a little off topic but maybe someone can help, i check crackberry on my desktop but last night the web page turned into the same style page that you will see on your phone app, now how do i get rid of that and go back to the normal desktop crackberry and not the app looking one. thank you!
    07-03-13 09:10 AM
    Good morning all. I doubt there's much to expect as far as a positive rise in the SP right now as Morgan pointed out, but even that amount would be appreciated. For the American's on board, don't forget to stockpile your Independance Day beer and grill/BBQ requirements today. Tomorrow will be a madhouse at all the stores.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-03-13 09:12 AM
    Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click view default style, slipstream.
    morganplus8 and slipstream89 like this.
    07-03-13 09:12 AM
    30% increase of revenue compared to last year quarter in NA though.
    Not really a fair comparison though as RIM/BBRY was in limbo at the time. It should have been a very easy Q to beat and I am glad they did, but it's not as encouraging as it would have otherwise been.
    07-03-13 09:13 AM
    Thanks JLagoon!, it was driving me nuts!

Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click view default style, slipstream.
    07-03-13 09:14 AM
    @slipstream - does the URL say m.crackberry.com? try deleting the m. part?
    07-03-13 09:17 AM
    This is the kind of stuff they gotta push on and deliver.

BlackBerry 10.2 to beat the competition to quick-reply notifications | The Verge
    Korepab and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-13 09:20 AM
    ^yes, and this.

The economy grew at less that 2%, yet BB eclipsed that, and reversed a trend of sales ...... just don't get the reaction on this stock. I did not see that coming. I expected 10-15% tops on a bad report, this has been a blood bath that to me was clearly planned and perfectly executed by the Bears.
    If that is true then TH fed the bears just what they wanted. There was certainly some good parts of the ER, but when you tell the street you have a) a wider loss than expected b) lower sales than expected, c) no visibility going forward (BIG ONE) and d) are no longer going to give important metrics going forward, then you need to expect you are going to get hit hard. Unfortunately they did and we are all suffering for it.

It may be a little counter intuitive and some will no doubt disagree, but I actually think the bulls (and ourselves) set BBRY up for the fall it took. Misek's (and others) expectations helped raise the whisper number and expectations headed into ER. When they missed, we got hammered. If expectations were not pumped up, I think the fall would have be much less severe. JMHO....
    La Emperor, rarsen, psy fi and 2 others like this.
    07-03-13 09:20 AM
    @slipstream - does the URL say m.crackberry.com? try deleting the m. part?
    try a t instead of the m.
    07-03-13 09:23 AM
    For what it's worth :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000747.png

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:24 AM
    If that is true then TH fed the bears just what they wanted. There was certainly some good parts of the ER, but when you tell the street you have a) a wider loss than expected b) lower sales than expected, c) no visibility going forward (BIG ONE) and d) are no longer going to give important metrics going forward, then you need to expect you are going to get hit hard. Unfortunately they did and we are all suffering for it.

It may be a little counter intuitive and some will no doubt disagree, but I actually think the bulls (and ourselves) set BBRY up for the fall it took. Misek's (and others) expectations helped raise the whisper number and expectations headed into ER. When they missed, we got hammered. If expectations were not pumped up, I think the fall would have be much less severe. JMHO....
    Yes and what about all of the hype offered up by TH , " the Canadian smartphone maker, climbed to its highest level in more than a month after Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins said he sees sales of its new Q10 device to be in the “tens of millions.”
    take99 likes this.
    07-03-13 09:25 AM
    Would APPL drop 30% on one missed report?
    Apple would definitely take a beating... remember people like nothing more than to see the top dog crash and burn. Apple's current stock price is a reflection of that, aren't they down 25% year to date just on the prospect of slowing sales.

The one big differentiating factor is Apple pays a dividend and as long as they do, there will always be buyers. It also doesn’t hurt that they are sitting on tens of billions of dollars also.
    07-03-13 09:25 AM
    @w4rrior
    Jlagoon had it spot on to get it back to desktop setting, thanks guys though for the help!

try a t instead of the m.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 09:26 AM
    Ok, people need to stop reading into the "tens of millions" TH does sees 10's of millions of Q10 sales but he did not say it will be for the Q1 or this fiscal year for that matter. His statement is more geared towards the life spam of the device and not a particular Q, to add to this I strongly believe TH needs to be more clear about what comes out of his mouth as the hoard of people are misinterpreting him and he needs to add more transparency which I hope someone brings up at the AGM

Yes and what about all of the hype offered up by TH , " the Canadian smartphone maker, climbed to its highest level in more than a month after Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins said he sees sales of its new Q10 device to be in the “tens of millions.”
    07-03-13 09:31 AM
    This is the kind of stuff they gotta push on and deliver.

BlackBerry 10.2 to beat the competition to quick-reply notifications | The Verge
    No doubt, but here in the US on Verizon we sit at 10.0.xxx. Very frustrating and not helping sales.
    07-03-13 09:36 AM
    Ok, people need to stop reading into the "tens of millions" TH does sees 10's of millions of Q10 sales but he did not say it will be for the Q1 or this fiscal year for that matter. His statement is more geared towards the life spam of the device and not a particular Q, to add to this I strongly believe TH needs to be more clear about what comes out of his mouth as the hoard of people are misinterpreting him and he needs to add more transparency which I hope someone brings up at the AGM

You are so right, and, the phone is far from launched, with no data at all on how its doing and finally we have the connected BES 10 package out there just recently. Not that any of this matters as the stock is not trading on hardware sales, it has a trading pattern of its own now.
    07-03-13 09:36 AM
    Agreed, but he did say a few times that he was very excited and that CURRENT sales were exceeding their expectations. They must have had very low expectation. It's another reason they should have announced some #'s before ER.
    Tinomane and rarsen like this.
    07-03-13 09:38 AM
    Agreed, but he did say a few times that he was very excited and that CURRENT sales were exceeding their expectations. They must have had very low expectation. It's another reason they should have announced some #'s before ER.
    We got hustled hard.
    lcjr, take99, sparkaction and 1 others like this.
    07-03-13 09:39 AM
    The sales were probably exceeding the expectations set in the countries they were released in so far and again this is when he needs to be more transparent #'s would help or even their expectation #'s so investors can gauge at that.

OMGitworks likes this.
    07-03-13 09:41 AM
    I would love to hear something from Blackberry regarding all this. I wonder if TH even gives a crap.
    07-03-13 09:43 AM
    Is that intraday pennant? Here's hoping for to to resolve upward.
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-13 09:45 AM
    I would love to hear something from Blackberry regarding all this. I wonder if TH even gives a crap.
    Not likely. BBRY's investor relations are the worst around. That's why I hope someone rips him a new one at the AGM.
    07-03-13 09:47 AM
    I'm not a fan of conspiracy thesis. But where I meet you is that this scenario (never planned IMHO) may occur and result in a much more comfortable environment for the stock. We need some big boys back. I understood (I may be wrong ?) the funds have cleared their position for a clean closing. We need some big blocks to stabilize the boat. Filling the ballasts would be fine.
    Thanks for the reply Superfly.
    Yeah, BlackBerry did not plan the SP massacre, however, all conspiracy joking aside, I do believe that manipulation of the stock (was) at an all time high, and believe that BlackBerry knew the SP reaction going into the ER, and thus, made some 'seamingly' irrational comments in order to align some future news, and allow for more control of the stock in the Comming ER's.

TH is super smart, and knows how to play the game, so let's see if the following two ER's don't just surprise us; in a good way this time....

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:47 AM
113,250 ... 14881489149014911492 ...