View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Just want to reiterate. Near today's close I finally took a look at FCF.

It isn't that bad. I think over the weekend people will digest the news and actually do research.

I think next week will be green.

If Monday is red, I buy more calls. If green, I twiddle my thumbs.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:33 PM
    Sorry, not trying to attack. I know most of you are on the same boat. Just don't want to fall into the same trap again, you know?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:34 PM
    I can understand the "there's still some positives" stance and the "we need to keep calm/trying to defend and re-interpret management's intentions" stance. And I agree there are definitely positives going forward and I don't think BBRY is going out of business. But right now, would you terribly shocked if they announce that BBM is no longer going to come to iPhone and Android? Are you going to have to try to read between the lines for every announcement management makes and try to decipher what else it could possibly mean, aside from what's being said?

Posted via CB10
    I think the lesson moving forward is to heed both the bull and bear side with equal weight and measure. Today's events surprised more than a few and I truly don't feel that the report and call had 100% to do with it. Tell me I have a tinfoil hat on but there weren't enough negatives to it to drop it as it did.
    bungaboy, peter9477 and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 09:37 PM
    I listened to the earnings call and from what I out of it is that we need to give the full line of products a chance to roll out. This along with MDM and other mobile computing (car OTA updates will bring more revenue. I'm averaged in the mid 13's so I'm holding. No way am I selling this early.
    06-28-13 09:38 PM
    Th just seemed so happy at bb live and milken, then the solid ground statement. The tone today really worried me, he seemed down to me. What changed so much in that short time period, esp considering the actual quarter wrapped up 4 weeks ago.
    He always sounds down, and needs coaching on public speaking.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    06-28-13 09:38 PM
    Honestly, from what I can tell this is still very very far from being like Palm. $3B cash, the new phones are on something 170 carriers in 70+ countries, over 4M shipped/sold to date. This is not the sound of a company on the verge of death.

Posted via CB10
    No its not quite like Palm. In a way its worse. Palm's problem was that it went to market with very few carriers. I guess HP at least got to test the waters. From all indications Palm was way ahead of its time. Blackberry is as you said in 70+ countries on 170 carriers. But that is all meaningless if people don't buy Blackberry. Ultimately, BB is not cool in the eyes of the youth who represent the largest proportion of smartphone buyers. I've said it so many times but I'll say it again - Blackberry needed to spend and do whatever it took to get the major apps on board. Who knows maybe Netflix, Instagram, others set their price too high. I really hope it wasn't arrogance on BB's part thinking that the big players will come to them. I'm positive that's all it would have taken for BB to catch on. Now with Playbook definitely out of the picture and no signs of future tablets there is very little reason for large media developers to spend their time developing for a one trick pony. As consumers we've gotten used to having our apps work on all of our devices without paying again and again. So to reiterate I really think today was the sound of the death knell - who knows others have certainly come back from being dead. Sony, Lenovo, IBM - now would be a good time.
    06-28-13 09:41 PM
    I think the lesson moving forward is to heed both the bull and bear side with equal weight and measure. Today's events surprised more than a few and I truly don't feel that the report and call had 100% to do with it. Tell me I have a tinfoil hat on but there weren't enough negatives to it to drop it as it did.
    The problem today was that the bar was set very low by analysts and bbry couldn't even hit the low bar.

They need to fix this ASAP. If bbry can not get people to buy bb10 devices we are all in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    bondary likes this.
    06-28-13 09:43 PM
    I can understand the "there's still some positives" stance and the "we need to keep calm/trying to defend and re-interpret management's intentions" stance. And I agree there are definitely positives going forward and I don't think BBRY is going out of business. But right now, would you terribly shocked if they announce that BBM is no longer going to come to iPhone and Android? Are you going to have to try to read between the lines for every announcement management makes and try to decipher what else it could possibly mean, aside from what's being said?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry potato man3 I don't want to rehash the event or today. I am like you and a lot of people that very disappointed and have a large lost. I have 3,000 shares at $15.50. It's been A tough week cause I had two other stocks that went down due to declining junior resources.

I brought my z10 and got it yesterday, I have no intention of returning it. I still believe the company can do well and there are other options to get the price back up. My regret was to reduce my holding before ER, but I was hoping to get a small gain and only keep half. Nothing we can but hope for the best. Take care

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 09:45 PM
    I agree. I don't believe it warranted as big of a drop as it did. Being margin called and having to realize it hurts but it is a lesson learned. Costly one at that.

What happened, happened. We can all agree that there is nothing that can be done about it. I'm still fuming about it but I'm more concerned about going forward.

You say that the bb10 on PB announcement didn't cause a blip. I was watching as well and saw the same thing so I don't believe that was a huge factor in what screwed us. It's more just the fact that it adds to the loss if trust going forward.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:46 PM
    The problem today was that the bar was set very low by analysts and bbry couldn't even hit the low bar.

They need to fix this ASAP. If bbry can not get people to buy bb10 devices we are all in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say it wasn't worth a drop in price... .just not to the extent that it did.
    06-28-13 09:47 PM
    At this point, I could only prevent my account from getting a margin call, if it drops further.
    06-28-13 09:50 PM
    Shorted 2000$ of shares yday. Made some money.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:51 PM
    Today's events surprised more than a few and I truly don't feel that the report and call had 100% to do with it. Tell me I have a tinfoil hat on but there weren't enough negatives to it to drop it as it did.
    CJ, I'm new to paying this much attention to specific investments, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I agree with you, though. Big picture, if a company forecasts a break-even quarter, and misses by what should have been .03 cents (I'm excluding Venezuela's effect), that in and of itself should not drop the stock nearly 30%. Not unless the report reveals lasting damage from mismanagement, or some other large, structural issues. I think the sell-off was due to stops being triggered, and due to panic selling made worse by heightened expectations. In other words, I think some retail investors felt sucker-punched that there wasn't a blowout quarter, and they made their exit. Just a theory.

I think one of the factors in heightened expectations was a misreading of "pent up demand" for new BlackBerry devices by the faithful. That demand might be there, but it will probably be more gradual. Individuals might be waiting for contracts to end, companies might have been waiting for the Q10. It's not like all 76 million people wanted to or COULD upgrade right this minute. I still think BlackBerry will convert a huge number of those 70+ million to the new devices, but realistically it will take time.
    06-28-13 09:52 PM
    Well, it's almost 11 and I've got a few into me.... Just got a BBM to go to a "friends" house so have a good night all and will touch base tomorrow.... or, odds are, I'll check my stupid CB app at some point soon anyway.. lol Bloody thread... DAMN YOU ALL
    And what is this world coming to when CRAMER of all people says sell 15 and buy 12.... and he appears to be right....
    Remember, a broken clock is right twice a day.

And what a bizarro day it's been! Well, I'm not out just yet with my 2k shares @ $11.25. Still holding onto hope for the software side of things, as I have since day 1 when I bought in.

So, you can expect more snide remarks, attempts at humour, and barrel scraping of news links from me still (as take99 seems to always beat us all to the punch with awesome links!)

As long as we are still alive and kicking (both literally and figuratively), it's all good. Sad to see some of us move on, good luck to all and enjoy the wknd everyone!
    Well, it's almost 11 and I've got a few into me.... Just got a BBM to go to a "friends" house so have a good night all and will touch base tomorrow.... or, odds are, I'll check my stupid CB app at some point soon anyway.. lol Bloody thread... DAMN YOU ALL
    Go have some fun CJ. Turn the phone off and just have some fun. We'll still be here tomorrow. Have one for me!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 10:00 PM
    Go have some fun CJ. Turn the phone off and just have some fun. We'll still be here tomorrow. Have one for me!!
    This phone is for people that do. Lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, tygros and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 10:02 PM
    Oh, he knows now. Lol. He's actually coming to stay with us the last week of July. We stay with him in San Antonio every now and then. We go waaaaaaay back. He was Airforce but I don't hold that against him. He's bringing his two mermaids too. He adopted two little girls from China that were not going to survive and now they are spoiled rotten, but in a good way. Man they love to swim and they cant wait to swim in my pool.
    That's great. A buddy of mine adopted a girl from China and it was a very long process, but well worth the wait / time.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 10:07 PM
    That's great. A buddy of mine adopted a girl from China and it was a very long process, but well worth the wait / time.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Yeah, it was a big ordeal because they both had medical issues from neglect. But after some surgeries and a lot of love they are set for success, especially being with my buddy as a dad.
    When they're here I'll take a group picture. These girls are so pretty they will break many hearts when they grow up. I just call them my little mermaids because they love to swim so much. Lol
    Bugmapper, _dimi_ and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 10:14 PM
    If institutional shorts have not covered, then the share price has a chance to go up again, unless they cover over a long period of time intentionally. What is not clear to me is where those over 100 million shares go have gone? Who did buy most of them? Just dumping this thought from my mind.
    peter9477 and rarsen like this.
    06-28-13 10:18 PM
    Also, before it gets too late I would like to thank our original OP Superfly_FR and the mods who watch over these threads. We know a lot of tolerance was given today given the circumstances and really appreciate your support. Your jobs aren't easy and I'm sure you rarely get appreciation, so here's a virtual beer to you all.
    06-28-13 10:19 PM
    This week the US stock market will close at 1 pm EST on July 3, and close on July 4. July 5 is a Friday. What a week.
    06-28-13 10:25 PM
    My day has been so bad today. Lost money on BlackBerry. Got the news that my car won't be able to last much longer so I'm going to have to buy a new one. Lastly, my sister just got into a car accident. Thankfully no one was seriously injured.

It's been tough. Real tough for me right now.

Well, tomorrow is another day. Let us all look forward.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 10:26 PM
    My day has been so bad today. Lost money on BlackBerry. Got the news that my car won't be able to last much longer so I'm going to have to buy a new one. Lastly, my sister just got into a car accident. Thankfully no one was seriously injured.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry about your day friend. Like you said, thankfully nobody was seriously hurt. As you already know, we have bad or not so good incidents throughout our lives but the most important thing is how you react to those. If we are breathing, that's a plus. If we have healthy family, that's another plus. We can all recover from today regardless of what level folks are in if they pay attention and ask questions. Always look at the positive side and remember we only have so much time here on earth so live it to the fullest and expect obstacles.
    06-28-13 10:41 PM
    Chin up! yes we all took a beating today but we will persist and fight on, glad to hear your sister is ok though! everyone chin up, enjoy the weekend!

Posted via CB10
    m0de25, Korepab, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    06-28-13 10:46 PM
106,461 ... 14561457145814591460 ...