View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Is Heins on CNBC today? I heard a rumor, but found nothing.
    06-28-13 01:56 PM
    Interesting:

BlackBerry said that sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa — which account for roughly 40% of the company’s revenue — grew 9% in the quarter. At the same time, BlackBerry said revenue in North America rose 30%, while sales in the Asia-Pacific region grew 35%.
    06-28-13 01:57 PM
    well at least now my wife won't bug me about getting the snip, I think I took a sufficiently swift enough one to the midsection this morning that those boys won't swim again, should save me some money and lower my loss
    06-28-13 01:57 PM
    Many a times in the past, on this thread, we have talked about BB not doing much about the media reports that had been negatively affecting the SP.
    Considering what has happened today, and the general sentiment towards the company and the SP, do you think that from now on they will be a little more "active" with regards to the SP ?

I am sure they do realise that the popular sentiment towards the company does affect the sales of the phones and services too, and this is kind of a wake up call for them to not only...... keep "running the marathon", keep "bringing out exciting products down the line", keep "fighting in the very competitive market", etc., but to also keep their eyes on the SP.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-28-13 01:58 PM
    please no, he's done enough for one day! I like him quite a bit, but they need to have an official company spokesman for these calls

Is Heins on CNBC today? I heard a rumor, but found nothing.
    The one thing that makes me stay totally away from option trading is the 'expiry factor' and switching in/out
    is enough to give me a complete headache lol. For my investing, KIS (keep it simple) is my motto.
    So I buy common, hold, season my cast-iron stomach for loss and wait patiently for my projected/self-imposed return.

So now, I'm taking a wee break to do a little packing for camping this week. Gotta get out and have a bit of fun.
    Have a great weekend, and thank you for sharing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Thanks Rich! Good to see you in here now and then. So, are you buying in at this great opportunity??
    Actually yes I am considering buying!
    06-28-13 02:05 PM
    Interesting:

BlackBerry said that sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa — which account for roughly 40% of the company’s revenue — grew 9% in the quarter. At the same time, BlackBerry said revenue in North America rose 30%, while sales in the Asia-Pacific region grew 35%.
    And he said they grew 15% in South America if you drop Venezuela off the list. Not bad really. The US includes Canada as part of North America or is it specifically the US? I'm listening to him right now but I have to keep going back as he is so boring. LOL
    06-28-13 02:06 PM
    The total of cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments was $3.1 billion as of June 1, 2013, compared to $2.9 billion at the end of the previous quarter, an increase of approximately $200 million from the prior quarter.

Cash flow from operations in the first quarter was approximately $630 million. Uses of cash included intangible asset additions of approximately $335 million and capital expenditures of approximately $83 million.

Fcf doesn't look bad at all. 547 million!

Might need to drop off the 335 also, but that is still over 200 million.

Eps is meaningless. Fcf matters, not eps.

The negatives for the quarter are revenues and unit sales.

Surprised that fcf is that high.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:08 PM
    No new devices until fall (not to mention the z10 is pretty much dead) , no positive news at all, yet you guys think it's a bright idea to buy the stock right now?

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    06-28-13 02:09 PM
    Sweet.... found two more takers..... I knew I left my position open for a reason...
    06-28-13 02:12 PM
    No new devices until fall (not to mention the z10 is pretty much dead) , no positive news at all, yet you guys think it's a bright idea to buy the stock right now?

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Go look at the post above yours.

That is a huge positive.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:12 PM
    How much selling is left? It is already 124 million trades.
    06-28-13 02:15 PM
    How much selling is left? It is already 124 million trades.
    45 minutes so probably another 10 million or so.
    06-28-13 02:15 PM
    Sorry if I am being negative today.... PLEASE stop blaming media manipulation. As it turns out, the majority of what they are reporting turns out to be true. Obviously not all of it, but a lot of it. They don't need to manipulate anything, we are hurting ourselves enough.

Compare Faucette's ridiculous predictions to TH's giddy beating/exceeding expectations comments. To me there isn't much between them at the moment.

I am sure I will fell better after beer thirty.
    AND let me add, if you do not mind, that the SHORTS did not kill BBRY!

Blackberry killed BBRY!
    06-28-13 02:16 PM
    Even I don't want to play whack a mole today, can someone explain how to use the ignore function again, as this would be the first in my portfolio.
    06-28-13 02:16 PM
    Even I don't want to play whack a mole today, can someone explain how to use the ignore function again, as this would be the first in my portfolio.
    Click their avatar, go to their profile, and on the left hand side you'll see an "add to ignore" option. Click that, wait for the next screen which prompts to confirm and confirm. I've been adding shares all day.
    bungaboy, lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    06-28-13 02:18 PM
    Sweet.... found two more takers..... I knew I left my position open for a reason...
    Ditto
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 02:19 PM
    With all due respect, please do a little research.
    BBRY gets paid on shipment, not sales. Now if sales don't come, in a massive way, they may agree to buy back some stock - but only if it's drastic. So far, no one has reported any of that happening to BBRY BB10 devices.
    As for 2/3 or 3/4, the way the questions were worded in that Q4 conf call was asking how many units had sold as of that date, which was late March - out of those that had been ordered - as in a R/T check of sell-through. Keep in mind most people do NOT measure sell-through in R/T - unless you manage in a LIFO manner, which I don't believe they or anyone does, then R/t sell thru is a meaningless stat. What matters is after the dust settles, how much inventory was sold, and are they at risk of having to buy back. At this time, NO one is saying they are at risk - no carriers, no carrier-checks... nada. So there is ZERO assumed risk to BBRy at this time for a lack of sell-thru hurting their bottom line.
    EDIT: Sorry, not necessary. Just a crappy day.

From what I've read, different carriers have different relationships with different companies. Obviously, Apple had all the power for years and was able to dictate to the carriers.

Given BBRY relationship with US carriers, I wondered what the arrangement was. I seriously doubt anyone on this thread knows if there is any special arrangement, such as AT&T had with HTC and the "Facebook Phone".
    Last edited by m1a1mg; 06-28-13 at 03:09 PM.
    06-28-13 02:20 PM
    The total of cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments was $3.1 billion as of June 1, 2013, compared to $2.9 billion at the end of the previous quarter, an increase of approximately $200 million from the prior quarter.

Cash flow from operations in the first quarter was approximately $630 million. Uses of cash included intangible asset additions of approximately $335 million and capital expenditures of approximately $83 million.

Fcf doesn't look bad at all. 547 million!

Might need to drop off the 335 also, but that is still over 200 million.

Eps is meaningless. Fcf matters, not eps.

The negatives for the quarter are revenues and unit sales.

Surprised that fcf is that high.

Posted via CB10
    Tell those who are taking a 25% bath today that EPS is meaningless. That is simply not true. Being light on revenue and very light on sales didn't help either. Cash flow positive is nice, but EPS absolutely matters, to call it meaningless isn't really fair or accurate. BBRY may have also book revenue for unsold but shipped phones and I doubt it will come to a Play Book type write down, it does effect their financials.
    With this kind of volume already traded, what kind of downside are we looking here? I, surely, hope that there won't be panic sell round 2 next week. Wouldn't this volume have gotten rid of the panic sellers, and leaving us with shorts, and long-long?
    Would this be a Board level decision?
    I've read about this. When switching a product line or firing a complete team and buying into another, yes often the board will sit in and give their opinion. Just from what I've read though so I can't give any actual examples other than what I've read on-line.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 02:21 PM
    Make sure you drive your stick shift over.... I'm sure she'll forgive you when you show your shifting ability.
    We've been married for over 27 years now so this thing is on automatic now. lol. Haven't had a stick shift in quite a while. Wait, what are we talking about?? lol
    06-28-13 02:24 PM
    I just bought a few hundred shares more, would that count? LOL
    06-28-13 02:29 PM
    Tell those who are taking a 25% bath today that EPS is meaningless. That is simply not true. Being light on revenue and very light on sales didn't help either. Cash flow positive is nice, but EPS absolutely matters, to call it meaningless isn't really fair or accurate. BBRY may have also book revenue for unsold but shipped phones and I doubt it will come to a Play Book type write down, it does effect their financials.
    Everyone, eps is meaningless.

Revenues and unit sales which are tightly coupled metrics were the bad news for bbry.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:29 PM
105,502 ... 14491450145114521453 ...