View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm hoping not.
    I did, more than doubled on my puts but I should have waited until it hit $13.

At least it covered off the losses on my call. Not sure if I should take my calls out at cost or wait until June.
    01-31-13 10:33 PM
    serious question...

SHOULD I BUY?
    01-31-13 10:39 PM
    Can't really answer that for you. It's your money. Are you willing to lose it? Nobody knows 100% where this is heading.

serious question...

SHOULD I BUY?
    01-31-13 10:43 PM
    serious question...

SHOULD I BUY?
    Yes, you should definitely buy a BlackBerry Z10. It's an amazing phone.
    01-31-13 10:56 PM
    well i wanted in when it was at 7, then 10 but i thought after it hit 15 it was too late.
    i dont have an account set up so im thinking of doing that next week.

my thoughts are that it will go down after the Q report because people will see low sales numbers and not realize that it isnt a full 3 months, and only 1 for US. After that I thing the next Q will show good sales. People are already saying over 1m just from Canada and UK.
    01-31-13 10:57 PM
    Yes, you should definitely buy a BlackBerry Z10. It's an amazing phone.
    thats a given. pre-order tomorrow!
    01-31-13 10:58 PM
    well i wanted in when it was at 7, then 10 but i thought after it hit 15 it was too late.

my thoughts are that it will go down after the Q report because people will see low sales numbers and not realize that it isnt a full 3 months, and only 1 for US. After that I thing the next Q will show good sales. People are already saying over 1m just from Canada and UK.
    Do you have a source for the 1m units sold quote?
    01-31-13 11:28 PM

If you want to open an account, I'd suggest start the process tomorrow as it takes a couple of business days to get it approved and active.

To your comment on the Q4 ER, it ends after Feb. US sales won't be a part of that call... aside from whatever OS7 devices have sold.
    01-31-13 11:40 PM
    Do you have a source for the 1m units sold quote?
    This has to be bunk - if they had already sold 1 million units, they would be singing it from the roof-top.
    02-01-13 01:12 AM
    If they can pull off a million in the first month I'd be impressed. Coupled with BB7 device sales it would be a healthy quarter.

I personally would like to see them selling 1.5-2m BB10 devices per month.
    02-01-13 02:23 AM

Q1: Do you plan to stand long or go "day trading" ?
    Q2: are you experienced ?
    02-01-13 03:45 AM
    Ok guys gang (lol, M8 wrote that, love it) , the storm seems to be behind us. Let's relax, enjoy our weekend and see what happens on Monday.

"when they'll kick at your front door, how you gonna come? with your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun ?"
    (not sure why I wrote this (The Clash - Guns of Brixton) ... was in my head ... but sure, I'm in the trigger track!)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    02-01-13 03:50 AM
    If they can pull off a million in the first month I'd be impressed. Coupled with BB7 device sales it would be a healthy quarter.

I personally would like to see them selling 1.5-2m BB10 devices per month.
    I think given the scope of the launch, 500k+ would be a solid number for sell through during the Q4 report. 1 million would be outstanding.

There are around 1.2 million smartphones sold per month in Canada, 2.5 million per month for the UK, and 200k for the UAE. That's about 3.9 million per month.

February is probably a month with below average smartphone sales, and Canada and the UAE will have less than 30 days of sales before the quarter ends. So given that, 500k BB10 sales probably represents a 15% market share in those regions which would seem to be a pretty healthy start. 1 million would be 30%, which would be extremely impressive if they could get to that point.
    02-01-13 04:41 AM
    I think given the scope of the launch, 500k+ would be a solid number for sell through during the Q4 report. 1 million would be outstanding.

There are around 1.2 million smartphones sold per month in Canada, 2.5 million per month for the UK, and 200k for the UAE. That's about 3.9 million per month.

February is probably a month with below average smartphone sales, and Canada and the UAE will have less than 30 days of sales before the quarter ends. So given that, 500k BB10 sales probably represents a 15% market share in those regions which would seem to be a pretty healthy start. 1 million would be 30%, which would be extremely impressive if they could get to that point.
    I believe you forget some of us Europeans France - and some others - will have device in hands in February too .
    Also, not sure about it, but I believe Africa is in the game (South Africa, Nigeria ?).

BTW pre-market point. still gently up.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-01-13 at 06:07 AM.
    02-01-13 05:55 AM
    Looking good.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shot_130201_015907.png  
    02-01-13 07:58 AM
    I'm in Canada. Phone is out tuesday. Where are the damn commercials? Wtf?!!

Also, all those with options how does the ticker change affect them? Will they be automatically changed to the new ticker symbol?
    02-01-13 08:02 AM
    i have been following this thread for quite some time and decided to create a account and comment. i was a share holder sold off and now i am looking to jump back in. just my 2 cents...... imo opinion the launch "buzz" is still in the air so there is no advertising. after the superbowl you will see mass rollouts of carrier+BB hand in hand advertising. also they will introduce 4 more devices this yr which is very interesting....will they be price pointed at the emerging markets? will one of them compete with screen size of the Note II? i still see value in this stock... i dont see it dropping below $12 but who knows
    Geeoff likes this.
    02-01-13 08:16 AM
    Not sure I agree with you there. Investors will be well aware of what markets the Z10 has been available in, and for how long, prior to the quarterly report. If the Z10 makes solid sales the market will not ignore it. If it doesn't... the market won't ignore that either.
    02-01-13 08:30 AM
    such a nice start at 1350, and now back down. as long as we stay in green today, thats positive news
    02-01-13 08:41 AM
    Should you (maybe, just maybe) have bought RIM shares yesterday? - The Globe and Mail

After the rout of the past five days, it’s worth asking whether investors should take a chance on Research In Motion Ltd.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying anyone should. I don't give stock advice. I’m just raising the question amid suggestions from some analysts that the current weakness may be an opportunity. Because at some point soon, RIM’s new BlackBerry 10 offerings are going to hit the U.S. market, the apparent source of the current unease.

As The Globe and Mail’s Iain Marlow reports, analysts suggest caution amid the later-than-expected launch in the United States, where RIM hopes to make huge strides with its Z10 touchscreen model and, later, the keyboard-equipped Q10.

Last week, RIM shares were above $18 on the Toronto Stock Exchange. By yesterday’s close, they were at $12.92, having tumbled fast, notably after Wednesday’s launch of BB10 and even in the face of some glowing reviews for the new models.

In pre-market action this morning, the shares are up by about 3 per cent.

The new BlackBerrys went on sale yesterday in Britain, and they’ll be in Canada beginning next Tuesday. But they won’t be in the United States until March.

Some analysts, such as Peter Misek of Jefferies and Co., have recommended buying RIM shares earlier rather than later, because while BB10 sales projections are now lower for the current quarter, they could well be higher for the next. Mr. Misek today reaffirmed his share price target of $19.50 (U.S.) and his “buy” recommendation.

He’s not alone, though not all analysts feel the same way, some urging caution.

Mr. Misek says the March launch in the United States shouldn’t surprise anything, even though it did, and that the “upside is underappreciated” for the next two quarters.

He also thinks that the market is “too pessimistic” where the next quarter’s concerned given the “high carrier support” for BB10.

He also has higher hopes for RIM’s BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, and the possibility of licensing the new operating system.
    02-01-13 08:43 AM
    This has to be bunk - if they had already sold 1 million units, they would be singing it from the roof-top.
    Speaking of bunk. How many shares do you currently own directly?
    02-01-13 08:47 AM
    I expect stock to be green for the first bit in the morning and then turn red in the afternoon. Finish down .40 today
    02-01-13 08:47 AM
    Song day : "Return to Forever - Romantic Warior"
    02-01-13 08:49 AM
    Seems appropriate to jump back into $RIMM on Monday when the name changes to $BBRY.
    02-01-13 08:52 AM
    If you want to open an account, I'd suggest start the process tomorrow as it takes a couple of business days to get it approved and active.

To your comment on the Q4 ER, it ends after Feb. US sales won't be a part of that call... aside from whatever OS7 devices have sold.
    And then getting money into it might take awhile if your bank account is at another financial institution.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-01-13 08:56 AM
113,256 ... 143144145146147 ...