View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think we all over estimated consumer adoption of BB. The crux is BES adoption and the resulting corporate upgrade cycle and service fees from that.

NB: If they mention Venezuela again I am going to lose it!

This is a longer play than I had anticipated, but I am going to hold on.

Edit - no BB10 on the playbook is a smart move and I am saying this as a playbook owner.
    I don't want them wasting time on a 2 year old + product.
    06-28-13 07:30 AM
    The bears and short were right. I concede.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-28-13 07:30 AM
    Lots of opportunity and promise. It's just less so in the physical phones.
    Kid Vibe and cjcampbell like this.
    06-28-13 07:32 AM
    not liking what im hearing about Q2
    I hope Q5 will be a hit in the emerging market to stop the subscribers losses.
    11.20 and sinking.

This is what happens when Thor talks. Lol
    I'm not even logging into my brokerage acct today.
    Lots of opportunity and promise. It's just less so in the physical phones.
    A10 should be good. I hope that they can the Z5 idea.
    We will hit single digits today. Yikes.
    No BB10 on the PlayBook is not a smart move.
    I wasn't expecting it to happen anyway, but I really don't know what they're thinking there.
    Probably thinking, why spend money on a dead product? If they were releasing a new tablet, upgrading the old one makes sense. Because there is no follow-up, you are only making a few diehards happy...and at what cost?

As much as I want BB10 on my PB, I completely understand why not to spend development money to roll that out. There is ZERO return with that venture.
    06-28-13 07:34 AM
    We will hit single digits today. Yikes.
    I'm a buyer in single digits.
    06-28-13 07:34 AM
    Where I see today hurting is on the developer front. Perception becomes reality, those that were on the fence and looking to develop more for BB will likely pull back. Creating more anxiety amongst the BB faithful

If they only met expectations today we would have been OK going forward. Today is a real kick in the sack for the company
    06-28-13 07:36 AM
    Probably thinking, why spend money on a dead product? If they were releasing a new tablet, upgrading the old one makes sense. Because there is no follow-up, you are only making a few diehards happy...and at what cost?

As much as I want BB10 on my PB, I completely understand why not to spend development money to roll that out. There is ZERO return with that venture.
    Fair enough.

I feel like BB10 on the PlayBook should have been ready to go with the launch of the Z10 though.

I have zero use for a tablet. I have the iPad and the PlayBook. Neither of which ever get used...but if the PlayBook had BB10 and was $100 starting price, it could've gotten BB10 into a lot of people's hands for cheap.

BB10 is a great platform, but getting people outisde of the BlackBerry world to try it isn't going to be very easy considering the massive ecosystems built around iOS and Android.
    06-28-13 07:37 AM
    Over the next little while I'll be closing my BBRY position. Will revisit this at a later date. Sorry guys.
    06-28-13 07:37 AM
    Won't give any sell through numbers.... good god man!!!
    Korepab likes this.
    06-28-13 07:38 AM
    not providing sell through metrics ouch
    So I'm assuming all those spikes on global statscounter are bogus.
    Where I see today hurting is on the developer front. Perception becomes reality, those that were on the fence and looking to develop more for BB will likely pull back. Creating more anxiety amongst the BB faithful

If they only met expectations today we would have been OK going forward. Today is a real kick in the sack for the company
    i agree. it takes a village. i know ive done my part and i still truly believe BB10 and the Z and Q are the best phones in the market. its the fuking developers that refuse to develop/port to bb that are sabotaging the OS.
    Korepab likes this.

I agree completely.

Didn't Netflix say they were waiting to see how BlackBerry 10 did before supporting it?

You can kiss that goodbye for the next little while.
    So how would 1 play this wait till lunch and hope we get some back? I mean we should drop and even 20% but would it be better to wait or just jump off the cliff at open
    06-28-13 07:39 AM
    down to $11 in PM....fml
    06-28-13 07:40 AM
    This is painful to listen.

I can see BBRY becoming a full software company if BB10 phones do not sell well in the next several quarters.
    BBRY is NEVER going to break out of the red unless they figure out a way to win over the U.S. market with a MUCH larger share. They have a good CEO now, they need an AGGRESSIVE P.R. team and marketing team. Hire more regional management people to do some good old fashioned marketing- get to the sales meetings for the carrier's mangement teams, present the products (again) and give better incentives to the front line people. When I was a district manager for a major retailers, Sprint and ATT GAVE us all BB curves. THAT's great grass roots marketing. When the "front line" employess see their superiors using a Z10 or Q10 instead of an S4 or iPhone, that's a poweful message that resonates. It's the front-line people that are damaging the new line in the U.S. They are in ANTI-sell mode with Blackberry devices. In-store marketing SU*KS. This has to change. Higher commission incentives then the competitors, programs where these kids can WIN (or EARN) a Z-10 based on their sales performance. This is the type of stuff I guarantee you that BB AIN'T doing. Increase U.S. market share, you become a winner again!
    So how would 1 play this wait till lunch and hope we get some back? I mean we should drop and even 20% but would it be better to wait or just jump off the cliff at open
    I'm looking at it this way right now:

At $11 per share, BBRY's market cap is 5.76b. They have 3.1b in cash. 2.66b is what the market is valuing all of BlackBerry's assets and patents at. It's comically low still.
    06-28-13 07:41 AM
    Gah... heading below 11
    06-28-13 07:41 AM
113,250 ... 14281429143014311432 ...