• No

427 37.82%
    Pretty active AM so far. Over 110,000 traded and a spread of 14.25 - 14.54
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-27-13 04:10 PM
    Is anyone worried about tomorrow?
    _dimi_ likes this.
    06-27-13 04:11 PM
    More pent up excitement than the Stanley Cup final; spent the entire day pondering if I should reduce some of my holdings prior to ER... I'm in effectively 100% BBRY @ $12.5 avg...

Alas, I couldn't do it, love my shares too much!

Posted via Z10
    06-27-13 04:12 PM
    Woot Woot!! Better half away, lesser half can play! Until about 10:00 PM and we fall asleep on the couch. hahaha.
    Lol...beer through nose. how true that is. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 04:13 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be craziness. Might be better to read about it on Monday. Just look at the hit or miss and walk away. Lol
    06-27-13 04:14 PM
    Don't see a reason for it, but I'm not holding as much as others. Still, we're fine.... This CAN'T tank, at least not at this point in time...
    06-27-13 04:14 PM
    Don't see a reason for it, but I'm not holding as much as others. Still, we're fine.... This CAN'T tank, at least not at this point in time...
    Same here. Likely to be pop, plunge, soar.

That's my expectation.
    lcjr, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 04:17 PM
    Logic and facts says it can't tank.

Propaganda and baseless opinions say there is always that possibly.

I'm hoping logic prevails this time around for once!

Posted via Z10
    06-27-13 04:17 PM
    Yes, I am.

My wife is due with our second any day now and she is having minor contractions. I'm worried I may miss the ER.
    06-27-13 04:18 PM
    I like this post.
    trying to not be too selfish I am hoping the stock does not fly to high for two reasons one a big jump will more likely attract more shorter (powerful ones) in this case I will sell half and get but in when it settle and secondo I want to buy more share (ten of 1 000) in August for the September ER.
    Some of you are worrying and I really doubt there's a justification for it. You've read the reports, seen the devices hit the market, read the positive reviews, seen the advertizements, seen the new sponsorships, etc...

I think the worse case scenario is we stay where we are or slowly continue north to $15-$16. I'm not looking for a squeeze yet, but a mere SP adjustment to $17ish. I hope it goes to $22-$25, but I'm fine with $17ish.

ER September is the ER to look at, not this one really. Come on guys, hold it together..
    06-27-13 04:20 PM
    Nope...I honestly don't expect much either way (sorry guys)...but September is another story.
    I think it's safe to say the market (and price) of BlackBerry pre Jan lauch was hype...settled to low, rose a bit high on last ER. settled and has basically been rising month over month ever since. If the numbers are good we should be rewarded with a couple dollar bounce...then rubber band back and forth until Sept.

If Sept blows the numbers out of the water...Boom...all investment houses will have to reajust and that is when this thing takes off for some serious gains.

Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Not too worried. But the market often "Buys on the rumor and sells on the news." Many investors hold stocks just for home runs. So they got a position in BBRY this week and they will hold it until the ER. Then they will take whatever "pop" they get there and then move on to their next investment. Those sellers will drive price down, while more cautious buyers might decide that a good ER is the reason to come in. In the end, the market rarely reacts as much as one thinks it should to these ERs, even when there is a solid beat of consensus.

I am expecting a solid beat of the consensus.

Immediately thereafter there will be accusations that BBRY engaged in channel stuffing to get its hardware sales up and that "next" quarter those phones will still be sitting there and BBRY won't be able to channel stuff further. Alternatively, the argument will be that this is just "pent up demand from the faithful" and once that is satisfied that there will be no more customers. This argument will be out there, notwithstanding the fact that the faithful were most likely waiting for the Q10 and Q5 and those came out too late (in case of Q10) and not at all (in case of Q5) to really heavily impact sales in First Q.

Anyway, I'm not expecting a huge short squeeze tomorrow.
    Yes, I am.

My wife is due with our second any day now and she is having minor contractions. I'm worried I may miss the ER.

That's a nice worry. Congratulations!

Been through that 5 times. Most wonderful experience.

This stuff is fun but just for a moment.

All the best!
    06-27-13 04:22 PM
    I like this post.
    trying to not be too selfish I am hoping the stock does not fly to high for two reasons one a big jump will more likely attract more shorter (powerful ones) in this case I will sell half and get but in when it settle and secondo I want to by more share (ten of 1 000) in August for the September ER.
    Yes and no... look at TSLA... their short position is still pretty high, as is that of NFLX. Both have risen on a squeeze which attracted new shorts, only to get squeezed again. I say bring it on.
    Yes, I am.

Congrats...happy for you.

Posted via CB10
    Based on this article, sounds like the shorts have been busy the last few days:

Astec Analytics, another firm that tracks securities lending notes that its figures show a relatively calm borrowing environment for BlackBerry that escalated leading up to earnings.

“Our intraday data shows a fairly large number of new loans coming through, at an inflated cost to borrow,” Astec’s Karl Loomes notes.

Short Sellers Lock And Load Before BlackBerry Earnings Report - Forbes
    06-27-13 04:26 PM
    Yes, I am.

Alright!! Just hope the baby takes after the mother though (see your avatar)!! hahahaha. Hey man, please keep us posted!!
    06-27-13 04:29 PM
    Yes and no... look at TSLA... their short position is still pretty high, as is that of NFLX. Both have risen on a squeeze which attracted new shorts, only to get squeezed again. I say bring it on.
    Well the higher a stock climbs, the more room for it to drop so potentially more gains for a short. I think BBRY will have "shorts" for years. There are only two ways I think it finally proves itself. First, it shows that there is a strong market for a high end qwerty phone. Apple will not respond to that and if none of the Android makers are able to compete in that space credibly, then BBRY will continue to own it. Second, if BBRY shows that it will continue to have revenue streams from markets that don't compete with Apple, Samsung and Google by offering other services. BBRY has that but it needs to show that it will continue to provide high margin services.
    06-27-13 04:32 PM
    TH: "We expect to sell tens of Millions..."

Assume that "Tens of Millions" is a minimum of 20m/4qtrs = 5m per qtr <-----me dreaming again

Was he just referring to the Q10 when he made that statement?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 04:33 PM
    Showtime !.
    06-27-13 04:35 PM
    Yes, I am.

Thanks for that . . . I just spit Old Number 9 all over my iPad!

Hope you wife does not see this post!
    06-27-13 04:35 PM
    Well the higher a stock climbs, the more room for it to drop so potentially more gains for a short. I think BBRY will have "shorts" for years. There are only two ways I think it finally proves itself. First, it shows that there is a strong market for a high end qwerty phone. Apple will not respond to that and if none of the Android makers are able to compete in that space credibly, then BBRY will continue to own it. Second, if BBRY shows that it will continue to have revenue streams from markets that don't compete with Apple, Samsung and Google by offering other services. BBRY has that but it needs to show that it will continue to provide high margin services.
    Very wise words, Sir.
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    06-27-13 04:37 PM
    Yes, I am.

Can you tell her to wait?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 04:37 PM
    TH: "We expect to sell tens of Millions..."

Assume that "Tens of Millions" is a minimum of 20m/4qtrs = 5m per qtr <-----me dreaming again

Was he just referring to the Q10 when he made that statement?
    Just Q10?s

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-27-13 04:41 PM
    Just Q10?s

That's what I read.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 04:48 PM
113,256 ... 14121413141414151416 ...