View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, when and where is this $100 party. I'd actually love to meet you all. I've been on this thread for a short time (several months) but this is a mini-home in the crowded and complex society of investing.

I'm in Toronto. =)
    Someone has to shake the 8ball
    06-27-13 12:25 PM
    I woke up this morning and turned on the business news as I usually do. They were talking to a guru in New York about BB. Then I heard it again .... "Too Little ... Too Late". Can't they come up with some new slogans to slam BB? It's starting to sound like a broken record. They keep trying to suggest to the general public that although tomorrows report may show some good signs, the current quarter and the future still looks very bleak for Blackberry. Prepare for the Blackberry funeral! I think they are getting Apple confused with Blackberry. We all know Apple sales are showing signs of twisting in the wind.
    Without rambling for days I would like to just to point out two things:1, The Q10 and the Q5 global distribution has only ramped up during the last few weeks so the impact is bound to give us a great ER three months from now. By September the competition will be dreading the release of the A10. This market is so competitive that it makes no sense for TH to come clean on what BB is working on for the future but I am sure Apple and Samsung would love to know their battle plan. 2, All these analysts seem to be focused on is how many phones are sold, being sold or will be sold. This is where I think the biggest error is being made. The analysts have no clue where BB is going with the software side of the business and what value that will bring. TH was not suggesting that tablets will be obsolete in 5 years because it crossed his mind while pinching a loaf. There is a solid vision behind it. The future of home phone lines, cable TV, satelite TV, desk tops, and tablets is very limited. Your Blackberry will talk to your car, your house, and provide your TV channels. Your smart phone will diagnose your car troubles for you. You will have one smart phone for work and play. What about corporate security??? No personal activity on your work phone? No problem ... BB already has that covered. Want to chat with your favourite sports team? No problem ... BB has already got that covered and it all makes them money. Wait ... there are still some that haven't thrown their Android/Iphones over the fence... no problem ... BB already has that covered. The BB software will keep your business secure no matter what smartphone your employees bring with them to work at an annual cost of 99.00 per unit. Start doing the math on that one! For the last two years Blackberry has been in a state of metamorphosis, much like a caterpillar. The analysts are calling it dead because they can't see the butterfly that is starting to emerge from it's cocoon. Only if you like money ... buy and hold!
    06-27-13 12:27 PM
    Me after Friday Baby!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_lgcyhila691qzngqr.jpg

Or

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...4tjho1_500.gif

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    06-27-13 12:28 PM
    Hold on tight!!!

The shorts want and need your shares. This squeeze is going down in the history books!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 12:30 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Q10 Sales Sluggish In U.S. [SURVEY]
    They are trying hard but are not succeeding too well.
    06-27-13 12:31 PM
    Yeah, that one ends with this gem: """He added, “Upside risk for our price target include the potential for Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s new product, the Playbook to outpace our expectation.” """

Just ... wow.
    06-27-13 12:33 PM
    Guys, I see some kind of historical trade with BBRY. While not experienced, I'm not aware of such atypical story ...
    If I'm not wrong, some of you may be referenced in Finance and marketing books sometimes in the future

Can you imagine the sum of information we've collected, synthesized, commented ?
    One day, a librarian will certainly think "THIS is a gold mine".

We didn't make the history but we wrote down the whole story ... oh, half of the story, as of date.
    06-27-13 12:37 PM
    All the best everyone!!

I believe that Thorsten Heins has been building momentum this week for a very good reason.
    Frankly, I'll be glad when the quiet period is over. I really want to hear about some big announcements! We seriously need to break the shackles and rattle the chains. I believe the upcoming quarter is perhaps the most pivotal. BB needs to go full tilt and put the petal to the metal. It needs to lose the uncool factor its acquired and get hip again.
    ItsTheBox and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 12:38 PM
    im not having a good feeling about tomorrow...
    06-27-13 12:38 PM
    It appears that the bears are making their last stand today - good for them! Tomorrow is D-day. The fact of the matter is that we don't even know the true institutional ownership of BlackBerry. ATL Capital might be holding a MASSIVE block. Sony might soon start selling BB10 devices in Japan. Mighty Thor may have massively sandbagged this ER, and the shorts may have fallen for his trap. It really just goes to show how important it is to conduct due diligence in all stocks prior to investing in them. I will always remember what one of my professors in one of my upper-year Security Analysis courses said to me, "Always read as many equity research reports on a company prior to investing in them. Look for one that's inherently bullish, then find one very bearish. Discern why they are different. What are the assumptions, how are the conclusions made, and most importantly, are there any biases."

Utilizing that methodology when analyzing a stock like BlackBerry shows me two things: (1) The bearish reports are heavily biased. It's proven in the fact that they have conceded Q1 as being great. They've increased their shipment estimates and EPS without moving their price target. (2) The consensus EPS for all of FY14 is less than Misek's and Gus' Q1 EPS estimate. The significance of BlackBerry reporting EPS near those levels (or above) with subs & services remaining stable will likely result in a blowout. Gus said it best this morning. From Forbes:

"But with 40% of the shares sold short, Papageorgiou repeated his view that “a lot of people are going to be rethinking things tomorrow.”

I think someone above asked when and where the $100 party was... Let's get passed $50 first before we begin some intensive planning. We will get there, and I believe it will be the shorts that will get us there faster than we think! It would be fantastic to meet everyone here; definitely something I would look forward too!

Now, lets go BBRY!!! & GL everyone
    Last edited by fedakd; 06-28-13 at 12:56 AM.
    06-27-13 12:40 PM

Balls of steel and hands like meat hooks...lol
    I misread your post on first pass as "Balls of steel and hands on meat" LOL

OK, Morgan8, I am trying my best man - its not easy for a clown out here...
    I swear Cramer is jacked on Speed or hit his head at some point in time.

How can anyone take someone so animated seriously?

BlackBerry Earnings Preview: What Wall Street Is Thinking - TheStreet
    Asked if a short squeeze tomorrow and the Magic 8 Ball said:

It is decidedly so.

Enjoy the ride!!!!
    06-27-13 12:41 PM
    If I'm not wrong, some of you may be referenced in Finance and marketing books sometimes in the future

Can you imagine the sum of information we've collected, synthesized, commented ?

We didn't make the history but we wrote down the whole story ... oh, half of the story, as of date.
    Oh no, can I go back to delete all my posts?
    06-27-13 12:42 PM
    Anyone can be wrong, me included
    Yeah, that one ends with this gem: """He added, “Upside risk for our price target include the potential for Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s new product, the Playbook to outpace our expectation.” """

Just ... wow.
    New Playbook? How come I am the last to know?
    cjcampbell, peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    ****** bank short selling bastards.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 12:43 PM
    Guys, I see some kind of historical trade with BBRY. While not experienced, I'm not aware of such atypical story ...

Yes, in a few years there will be an entire course devoted to studying Blackberry at most business schools, and we will be the required reading!
    06-27-13 12:44 PM
    Do not let the posts fool you as the ER can go either way. Even a "ho-hum" ER will not be good.

For me, it will be a very scary event!
    06-27-13 12:45 PM
    All in, man. No time to reduce, at my daughter's high school graduation...lol
    Well I figure flip a coin: 10% downside or 20%+ upside.

It's worth the flip!
    06-27-13 12:45 PM
    That's what I would do, the premiums on the near-term options are crazy right now. I ended up buying more stock because of this.

As for drinking, one of the first things I want to do when all of this surgery is done is to have a drinking contest with lcjr!! LOL
    ( I can't wait to get drunk)
    I'm not good with alcohol but I'm definitely in on this idea as well.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 12:46 PM
    I hate to say but I feel pretty darn anxious about tomorrow. It really seems like it could go either way. I know Canada and other countries are buying BB but I think the US is not so much. BB is still missing key applications and its hurting us big time.
    06-27-13 12:46 PM

For me, it will be a very scary event!
    I hope its scariness is more like the Hillarious House of Frightenstein. We should use Billy Van as our PR guy
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 12:50 PM
    I'm feeling fine, I've been long and added over the past few months. Even if it drops15% tomorrow, I could still sell and come out with extra change in my pocket.

I'm hoping for $18, will pull profit at that point
    06-27-13 12:51 PM
    The way I see it, the USA is what... 5 times the population of Canada? I'm pretty sure that they can sell as much in the USA as in Canada. Its not great but the expectations aren't great
    06-27-13 12:52 PM
113,256 ... 14051406140714081409 ...