View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bell Canada gets $400-million contract for federal government email system

Shared Services Canada has also rejected requests from Industry Canada to use a BlackBerry platform that it can use to connect non-BlackBerry mobile devices to their system, according to a response the IT super-department issued in September.
    How facking stupid is that? The GoC knows how to waste money...jesus.
    06-25-13 01:50 PM
    Looks like we could see a new high for the day, a little rally at the end of the day would be very nice!.
    06-25-13 01:52 PM
    Anybody think we can make it to $14.70 today?
    Nope... savin' that for tomorrow.
    ibpluto, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-25-13 01:53 PM
    Seems like our governments have something in common!
    06-25-13 01:55 PM
    If you look at the open portion of that graph, it looks like a dead cartoon bear on his back....
    You bin nippin the Cuevo already? hahaha
    06-25-13 01:58 PM
    Isn't that bad news for us? You would think that the Canadian government would build their system around a Canadian company like BB, especially with the canadian content restrictions, what other MDM could they be using?
    The Canadian Government is run by life long bureaucrats. Don't expect logic to play a part of any decisions!
    06-25-13 02:00 PM
    I don't see what Blackberry has to do with government email systems. I know we run BES to manage our blackberries but what does that have to do with our internal email system. Seems to me like just an unrelated quote pulled together by a journalist.
    Exactly. BlackBerry wasn't part of the bid process.

Bell�s joint bid with CGI Group, which provides IT security services to defence departments in the United States and Britain, beat out those from Dell Canada, IBM Canada and HP Canada.
    Shanerredflag and jxnb like this.
    06-25-13 02:01 PM
    The plot thickens. It was CGI who built the original gun registry:

Canadian Firearms Registry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    Sounds like another government boondoggle in the making to me.
    Errrrr . . . . . is there any other kind?
    The Canadian Government is run by life long bureaucrats. Don't expect logic to play a part of any decisions!
    Send those boys some kool-aide!!
    06-25-13 02:03 PM
    Without reading the RFP bids it's hard to say for sure, but the manner in which the article was written suggests that the decision to use CGI/Bell was influenced by politics.

Off topic, but it would be interesting to take a look at the Tory party donation list. I'm certain you'll find lots of donations from CGI/Bell executives after this deal was announced

Send those boys some kool-aide!!
    cjcampbell, lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    06-25-13 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the update Morgan!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-morgan.jpg
    06-25-13 02:08 PM
    Pretty ...isn't it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    cjcampbell, q649, ibpluto and 5 others like this.
    06-25-13 02:10 PM
    If you look at the open portion of that graph, it looks like a dead cartoon bear on his back....
    I'm starting to think that isn't his feet....
    06-25-13 02:12 PM
    Yep, end of the day rally!

Watch how the volume will go crazy at the end of the day!

BBRY has grown up a good bit!
    06-25-13 02:13 PM
    Morgan, I recall you picked up some calls around the $14.37 marker before the latest dip. Care to divulge your strike and expiry? Since you are a conservative investor, I'm going to guess Sept $14 strike.

Always curious what the call buyers, on this thread, are picking up! Thunder has July 20 @16...or he did a few weeks ago....and he said he's looking to pick up more before the ER.
    Spiller!!

You guessed wrong! I hold a very large block of BBRY (9 months and counting), I recently bought some Calls around the price you mentioned, and, I bought more stock in the mid- $ 13.50's shortly after that purchase. I decided to load up on a variety of July $ 15.50 Strike Calls going out weekly, to the end of July. The profit from the block of stock that I purchased recently is being gambled on those Calls so the leverage of the shares and the Calls is high. I have waited months to put on a trade like this and today is my last purchase under any conditions! LOL

PS. I think we have a winner here and this should play out every day. I want to see us go through $ 14.75/shr prior to launch so let's get there NOW!
    06-25-13 02:15 PM
    We might see $14.75 today.

Very low volume.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-25-13 at 02:27 PM.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 02:16 PM
    I bet that we will see new day high before closing.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 02:17 PM
    I'd say one thing, the volume has not created a situation volatile enough for them to cover without it looking crazy. If shorts are thinking to get out now in possible face of danger, they've yet to do so. We'll see how this plays out within the next 2 days.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 02:18 PM
    Good news for BB, We talking thousands of BB10s with many BES cal revenue. No freaking way Canadian goverment will support Anroid and iOS devices after all hacks were discovered in the report.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 02:19 PM
    .49 and heading north
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 02:20 PM
    BGR Article: BlackBerry continues to baffle Wall Street as estimates swing wildly

Sorry if this has already been posted:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wall Street’s views on BlackBerry 10 sales have been all over the map in recent months. As we approach the company’s earnings announcement for the May quarter on June 28th, wild swings have continued. Investors’ reaction to the report is likely to be strong: more than 30% of the entire stock float for BlackBerry has recently been sold short. This could mean a violent short squeeze if BlackBerry OS 10 volumes beat estimates. However, the recent increases in estimates mean that investor expectations may have spiked over the past month: It is possible that 3.5 million Z10 and Q10 units sold during May quarter is now a bar that BlackBerry has to clear in order to beat the consensus.

Among the recent estimate changes, RBC’s Mark Sue hiked his BB10 projection from 2.75 million units to 3.5 million — a 27% jump. A week ago, Societe Generale moved its BB10 projection to 5 million units, roughly 40% above Wall Street’s consensus. SG executed a rare move, lifting its rating on BlackBerry shares from a Sell directly into a Buy. Jefferies is in the 4 million unit camp.

Interestingly, some houses rating BlackBerry as Neutral are lifting their device volume estimates sharply: UBS has a lackluster share price target of $13, but raised its BB10 estimate from 3 million units to 3.7 million this week. This is another big swing; a 23% unit volume projection hike in a single report.

Perhaps tellingly, many BlackBerry bears like BMO Capital have started talking about discrepancies between sell-in and sell-through, arguing that BlackBerry is shipping far more devices than consumers are buying. This could be a sign that bears are getting nervous about a possible May quarter upside surprise and have started rehearsing explanations about why even a strong shipment figure may not actually be all that relevant.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    InWithTheNew, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 02:21 PM
    and .50....for 15.25
    06-25-13 02:22 PM
    We're at the high of the day right now:

14.52 +0.42 (2.98%)
    Real-time: 3:22PM EDT
    new HOD ..... booya!
    cjcampbell, q649, lcjr and 1 others like this.
113,256 ... 13721373137413751376 ...