View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Here is some napkin math for ya (careful, there are a few koolaide stains on the napkin!)

..... 350 million business smartphones X 75% BES managed X $100 per annum / 524 million shares = $50 EPS

and $50 EPS = $500 party in 2016!!!
    Blackberry will be lucky to get 5-10% of that. Most are non MDM managed activesync - then Mobile Iron has dug in a spot, and Airwatch is also in the mix.

The US is too anti blackberry it will take them a long time to come around. The IT leaderhip who made the decision to drop BES will not want to go back as it would be admitting they made a mistake - that doesn't happen. Those leaders will need to be replaced first.
    06-25-13 09:02 AM
    Agree^^...however 20% of that is still a large number. ..thats what should be achievable.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:05 AM
    Falling like a stone...what gives??
    06-25-13 09:08 AM
    Falling like a stone...what gives??
    And up she goes again. Haha

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:10 AM
    Blackberry will be lucky to get 5-10% of that. Most are non MDM managed activesync - then Mobile Iron has dug in a spot, and Airwatch is also in the mix.

The US is too anti blackberry it will take them a long time to come around. The IT leaderhip who made the decision to drop BES will not want to go back as it would be admitting they made a mistake - that doesn't happen. Those leaders will need to be replaced first.
    Admittedly a very silly calculation that I made; however, were those 350 million employee phones in the US or worldwide? If you say the US is anti blackberry - I can see your point - but if that is a worldwide statistic then there is much less anti-BB sentiment out there. Also, if the target is 2016, I think we can change some of the sentiment in 3-4 years of good management/products/services/support. By then we could be the dominant player again with 20-30% of the market.

Edit...(here I am trying to support a silly point of view regarding 2016 projections when I just blasted some ***** analyst for doing the same thing about a week ago. Ha! joke is on me. )
    06-25-13 09:12 AM
    Good morning gang! Good to see the spirits are up today again!! Things are really getting interesting now aren't they? Bearish analysts now changing their predictions?? Almost like a game we have the rule book to, huh? Get yourself some good coffee and strap yourself in for the interesting things we're going to see today.
    My guess is the bears are burning a lot of money to bring it down...for an hour....they like to waste money....it will end the day up nicely. I'm hoping we pop out of that 14.75 resistance tomorrow after noon then ride towards high 15s by close on Thursday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Bloody amazing how these ****** bags will try and spin things....

BlackBerry concedes defeat, launches Android and iPhone management systems - Silicon Valley Business Journal

Nothing more than click bait so do so if you want....
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    06-25-13 09:13 AM
    Good morning gang! Good to see the spirits are up today again!! Things are really getting interesting now aren't they? Bearish analysts now changing their predictions?? Almost like a game we have the rule book to, huh? Get yourself some good coffee and strap yourself in for the interesting things we're going to see today.
    Yess....working from home today....I need to get a big pot of coffee on to watch this exitement! We are in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter of "this" game. Another game will start next Monday after the move on Friday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:14 AM

BlackBerry concedes defeat, launches Android and iPhone management systems - Silicon Valley Business Journal

Like all good frenchmen... "I shall resist!"
    06-25-13 09:15 AM
    Here is some napkin math for ya (careful, there are a few koolaide stains on the napkin!)

..... 350 million business smartphones X 75% BES managed X $100 per annum / 524 million shares = $50 EPS

and $50 EPS = $500 party in 2016!!!
    Think in terms of revenues .... assume that it is worth 1x revenues in terms of market cap ...
    350 million business phones. 33% penetration (let's be real here). $99 per unit. that's 11.4 billion. That's what this is worth in market cap. This is a ROM .... Roguh Order of Magnitude calculation.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-25-13 09:16 AM

So let the weaks ***** hands sell on that news. It's bloody fantastic news for BES MDM! Maybe that was what they released and then tried to push down the SP....it should be back up nicely today. Nothing but great news coming out and tick toc tick toc ....time is burning for the bears!
    06-25-13 09:16 AM
    And people laugh when we talk about a $100 party. Pffff. They just can't see the big picture.
    The thing is, $50 is not far fetched. If Blackberry can prove growth going forward, they'll get a premium in the share price. $100 could happen quite easily but it might take a few more years.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:18 AM
    Still too many weak hands. Need more institutional investors.
    psy fi, FastLane228 and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 09:19 AM

How much money do the shorts spend to spread such horrible propaganda? The media has become such a joke and then they wonder why they are going bankrupt.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Think in terms of revenues .... assume that it is worth 1x revenues in terms of market cap ...
    350 million business phones. 33% penetration (let's be real here). $99 per unit. that's 11.4 billion. That's what this is worth in market cap. This is a ROM .... Roguh Order of Magnitude calculation.
    Or....20% = 8 billion....DOUBLE PREVIOUS BIS REVENUES.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.

Shameless fraud.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 09:21 AM
    How much money do the shorts spend to spread such horrible propaganda? The media has become such a joke and then they wonder why they are going bankrupt.
    Expect to hear this shat on Friday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:22 AM

I sent my e-mail to the guy. basically told him he has no journalistic integrity.

SVBizLuke@gmail.com
    06-25-13 09:25 AM
    So very much fraud and no police, whatsoever.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:25 AM
    Expect to hear this shat on Friday.
    Haha...where is that excellent post of all the polar opposite excuses the shorts use....likely 100 pages back now lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 09:26 AM

We will see MUCH more news like this. Blackberry is going to have to fight its way back. The world wants hard numbers!
    Charles Martin1 and peter9477 like this.
    06-25-13 09:26 AM
    Or....20% = 8 billion....DOUBLE PREVIOUS BIS REVENUES.

Posted via CB10
    Point is, even at 2x my revs calc, you get 22.8 billion. Current market cap $7.5B. Not going to complain, that's $45/share.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 09:27 AM
    For those that wondered where he went:

Former Research In Motion Ltd. executive Jim Balsillie is being appointed to a five-year term as chairman of Sustainable Development Technology Canada.

The federal agency was set up in 2001 to support projects that develop and demonstrate new technologies that promote sustainable development.

Balsillie was co-chief executive officer and co-chairman of the company that invented the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Balsillie gets federal appointment to technology group - The Globe and Mail
    cjcampbell, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 09:30 AM
    And people laugh when we talk about a $100 party. Pffff. They just can't see the big picture.
    Show me the laughers !!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 09:31 AM
106,010 ... 13661367136813691370 ...