View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    He says buy around $12 and sell around $15 and that Blackberry is getting too much attention. Thankfully the last time he said Blackberry was going to $22 it had it's biggest drop right after. Since he seems cautious here maybe that is a good thing for us!!
    If he said the stock was going to crash I would be making my first payment on a new Ferrari.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-22-13 08:19 AM
    Jim Cramer... Ha.

Here you can see him go Super Saiyan, minus the hair. 1:30 mark.

Cramer exposed!
    06-22-13 08:32 AM
    I just posted this elsewhere so for those that might miss it:

BlackBerry Q10 sales in the UAE on par with Samsung S4, says a senior Axiom official. The company CEO told Emirates24|7 that his company placed the largest single order for any BlackBerry phones ever for Q10 and they are still in short supply.

�It is the fantastic product and one of the two best selling product along with the Samsung S4,� said Faisal al Bannai CEO of Axiom.

�The Q10 sales have been phenomenal and much better than the all-touch Z10. We were so confident of the success of Q10 that we placed our largest single order of the phone ever since we started our relationship with the BlackBerry. Even then we ran out of the phones,� he said speaking during the inauguration of the BlackBerry�s first flagship store at the Dubai Mall in the UAE.

�There are plans to open more such malls in other key cities in the GCC. We are in discussion with BlackBerry with this regard. The process for a store in the UAE itself started about two years ago. The idea is also not simply to open a store anywhere and everywhere,� he added

BlackBerry Q10 hot favourite in UAE… on par with Samsung S4 - Emirates 24/7
    m0de25, jrwb6e, peter9477 and 24 others like this.
    06-22-13 08:35 AM
    Off the topic question, sorta as I'm holding my bb shares long as I believe the directions they are going. With that in mind, I'm trying to learn how to trade options to generate some income a little more regularly as I do have a kid to feed and mortgage to pay any suggestions a good material or site I can go to? If your in Vancouver I would love to buy someone a dinner to help teach and show me how you do options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I got paper money setup with TD Waterhouse, but as soon as I logged in, I get a headache

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Love to take you up on that but I'm in Ontario. I learned options from some general searches online and much reading. I never had a specific book that I used. As an option "seller" we like to think of ourselves as an insurance provider taking on risk with corresponding premium float. This is a great way to generate income as long as company fundamentals remain your priority.

Powered by QNX
    rarsen likes this.
    06-22-13 09:05 AM
    Jim Cramer... Ha.

Here you can see him go Super Saiyan, minus the hair. 1:30 mark.

Cramer exposed!
    Hahahaha...
    Cramer believers need this :

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-22-13 09:57 AM
    Sometimes I put myself through the crazy test.

What I do is sit down throw out my preconceptions of BlackBerry and assume things are more bearish than what I see.

Then I rebuild models based on that.

Either I am mad or the rest of the world is. Even in a bear case, still the figures come out telling me it is undervalued. I can't be that mad, can I?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:13 AM
    I just posted this elsewhere so for those that might miss it:

BlackBerry Q10 sales in the UAE on par with Samsung S4, says a senior Axiom official. The company CEO told Emirates24|7 that his company placed the largest single order for any BlackBerry phones ever for Q10 and they are still in short supply.

�It is the fantastic product and one of the two best selling product along with the Samsung S4,� said Faisal al Bannai CEO of Axiom.

�The Q10 sales have been phenomenal and much better than the all-touch Z10. We were so confident of the success of Q10 that we placed our largest single order of the phone ever since we started our relationship with the BlackBerry. Even then we ran out of the phones,� he said speaking during the inauguration of the BlackBerry�s first flagship store at the Dubai Mall in the UAE.

�There are plans to open more such malls in other key cities in the GCC. We are in discussion with BlackBerry with this regard. The process for a store in the UAE itself started about two years ago. The idea is also not simply to open a store anywhere and everywhere,� he added

BlackBerry Q10 hot favourite in UAE� on par with Samsung S4 - Emirates 24/7
    This is fanfrickentastic!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:15 AM
    Angela Merkel gets a new phone (Blackberry Z10).
    Use Google translator to read.
    Kanzler-Handy: So simst Merkel ab Juli - connect
    06-22-13 10:19 AM
    At the bottom of that article

Other countries interested in
    Test installations carried out since the CeBIT were successful, the roll-out will start from July. The users, by the Chancellor to the Ministry officials, are expected to have the choice between the keyboard-equipped BlackBerry Q10 and the touchscreen model BlackBerry Z10. Already, the Governments of other countries have expressed interest in the Secusmart solution.
    06-22-13 10:42 AM
    And credit suisse has weighed in.

Onswipe
    06-22-13 10:46 AM
    Credit Suisse somewhat negative. But what puts Blackberry in the spotlight will be A10 vs Iphone 6. Galaxy 4 is out but by November if Android doesnt and you het A10 vs Iphone it could really boost BB10 sales. Sure iphone will probably dominate possibly. But if iPhone has issues then some people might be open.

If the A10 will come out I think Blackberry has a chance to ride a popular wave up. Also I have NO expectations on the Q5 at all. But who knows what happens
    Shanerredflag and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-22-13 11:12 AM
    Garmin Official: NHTSA Guidelines Could Create Worse Behavior | Politics content from WardsAuto

LAKE ORION, MI � Voluntary guidelines proposed in April by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. call for more stringent controls on potentially distracting features of in-vehicle infotainment systems.

But an official with one telematics firm thinks those rules, and some already on the books, may have the effect of creating more dangerous behavior behind the wheel.

�I�m not going to say distracted-driver guidelines are a bad idea,� says Kip Dondlinger, product manager for Garmin Automotive. �(But the) answer is not to just take this stuff away from the dashboard, because people are just going to keep�using their smartphone. And you're never going to stop that.�

Dondlinger is referring to NHTSA�s request that auto makers voluntarily block certain information from being viewable not only while a car is in motion, but also while at rest.

�One of the areas I disagree with NHTSA is that they want (certain features) locked out unless you are stopped and have the transmission in park,� he tells reporters at a recent Garmin technology showcase here.

�I think there should be some in-between point where some of this stuff is accessible to you, (such as) while you're stopped at a stoplight with just your foot on the brake.�

Dondlinger notes one feature of Garmin�s K2 concept telematics system, album artwork displayed on the gauge cluster while a song from the album is playing, would be discouraged under the new NHTSA rules.

�This album art? That's only allowed when you're giving people a list,� he says. �You can use album art to help them select from a list, but then it has to go away,� adding NHTSA deems artwork on constant display �too distracting.�

Dondlinger says with its telematics systems Garmin is striving to achieve �enough functionality,� a middle ground between giving drivers too much and too little.

With K2, which the Kansas-based company is pitching to OEMs for a �15 or �16 introduction, some information still is provided while the car is in drive, he notes.

For instance, drivers still can see the weather forecast, just not the entire weather map. This conciliatory mode was devised partially by following NHTSA guidelines but also by using Garmin�s in-house distracted-driving research.

To combat driver distraction, Garmin recently introduced a more natural way of giving directions on its higher-end portable GPS units, and expects the feature to filter down in a model year or two to its OEM-embedded products, such as Chrysler�s UConnect system.

Called Real Directions, the feature gives landmark-based guidance when possible.

�Instead of saying, �Turn right onto Main Street,� it will say �Turn right at the traffic light,� or �Turn right after Starbucks,�� Garmin Automotive spokesman Johan-Till Broer says.

�It�s the way I would give directions to you,� adds Dodlinger. �You don't have to know what 800 feet (244 m) is.�

With Real Directions, some footwork is required on Garmin�s part, as well as by data supplier Navteq, to make sure a sign for a business is easily viewable, and that the business hasn�t closed.

Broer says if a sign isn�t visible at a particular intersection, route guidance reverts back to traditional distance-based directions.

Another feature introduced on Garmin�s newest portable devices and bound for in-car use is the predictive myTrends, which learns a driver�s route.

Matt Munn, managing director-Garmin Automotive, says by predicting a driver�s behavior myTrends reduces the amount of time he must interact with the car, thereby lessening opportunities for distraction.

While it still has more market share on the portable-navigation side, Garmin is working to expand its presence in embedded products.

Besides its relationship with Chrysler, Garmin also is the telematics supplier to Suzuki and it recently inked a pact with Mercedes-Benz. Its products in models from those OEMs are available globally; India and Russia are two markets where Suzuki sells its SX4 model with Garmin�s embedded telematics system.

Roughly half of Garmin�s revenue comes from its automotive business, including embedded and portable devices. Garmin also supplies infotainment and navigation systems to the aviation, marine and motorcycle sectors, counting Bombardier, BMW, Harley-Davidson and Honda Gold Wing as customers.

Munn believes the future of in-car embedded telematics is the sharing of information between the center stack and gauge cluster, which is a feature of the K2 concept.

�Our vision in the OEM space is to really look at the driving experience with a more holistic approach,� he says.

�This is a good way to combat driver distraction,� adds Clint Steiner, director-sales and marketing, for Garmin�s automotive-OEM group. �You put the most meaningful things (on the gauge cluster) � phone call, next song, driving destination.�

Steiner says K2 marks the first time Garmin is using an operating system other than its own. He says the switch to an operating system by software firm QNX was necessary for the telematics company to become �a lot more scalable.�

Dondlinger says production versions of K2 will use Texas Instruments� OMAP 5 processors rather than the more common OMAP 4, to handle the sophisticated graphics of the system.

Dondlinger demonstrates features of the latest K2 concept, installed in a Dodge Durango and first shown by invitation-only at January�s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

In the Durango, K2 uses a 10.4-in. (26-cm) center-stack capacitive touchscreen and a 12-in. (30-cm) gauge-cluster screen.

For some functions, such as local search, K2 requires a smartphone running the Garmin app be tethered to the car via Bluetooth, but navigation and GPS functionality is embedded.

K2 uses Nokia�s new city-model data that provides 3-dimensional views of cities, in some instances showing highly detailed buildings.

Other features include integration of all audio sources: CD, DVD, radio or off-board sources such as Pandora or Spotify; the ability to see contact information and photos from a user�s smartphone; and the integration of text messaging and email. For text messages, a K2 user receives a visual prompt of the message while tethered, and the contents of the message can be read to them.

More natural language for voice-recognition systems also is a K2 feature, as is the ability to configure K2�s in-car message center remotely.

K2�s center-stack screen has columns that represent a different tool.

�You can set it up to have whatever information is relevant to you, whether it�s calendar information that's coming off of your smartphone (or) email that's coming off of the smartphone,� Dondlinger says.
    06-22-13 11:31 AM
    Credit Suisse somewhat negative. But what puts Blackberry in the spotlight will be A10 vs Iphone 6. Galaxy 4 is out but by November if Android doesnt and you het A10 vs Iphone it could really boost BB10 sales. Sure iphone will probably dominate possibly. But if iPhone has issues then some people might be open.

If the A10 will come out I think Blackberry has a chance to ride a popular wave up. Also I have NO expectations on the Q5 at all. But who knows what happens
    I think the Q5 will outsell the A10 by 5-1.
    06-22-13 11:32 AM
    I think the Q5 will outsell the A10 by 5-1.
    Perhaps but the A10 will hopefully be their high end mindshare and perception winner, they need something like that while the q5 does the grunt work.
    06-22-13 12:07 PM
    Ok take with a grain of salt but interesting since the q10 was released

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    06-22-13 12:10 PM
    Love to take you up on that but I'm in Ontario. I learned options from some general searches online and much reading. I never had a specific book that I used. As an option "seller" we like to think of ourselves as an insurance provider taking on risk with corresponding premium float. This is a great way to generate income as long as company fundamentals remain your priority.