View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-21-13 08:45 AM
    Friday.... OPEX.... pinned to $14.00..... have a good weekend everyone.
    sparkaction and lcjr like this.
    06-21-13 08:47 AM
    Ya.... this one is from June 3rd/4th. Keep 'em coming though
    06-21-13 08:48 AM
    Makes for a very boring day. Have a good weekend too.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-21-13 08:51 AM
    Just found this randomly, not sure if it has been posted already ... but it worse a double post, anyways !
    http://http://www.cantechletter.com/...ry-higher0619/

Cormark: here’s the “big surprise” that could drive BlackBerry higher

June 19, 2013 By Nick Waddell
    Tse believes the enterprise market could come back in a big way for BlackBerry because of its new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10). The Cormark analyst says the bring-your-own-device movement looked to have kicked BlackBerry’s traditional strength in this market to the curb as people were, increasingly, taking their iPads and iPhones to work. BlackBerry’s previous enterprise service, he notes, was not designed to provide enterprise mobile device management to Android or iOS. Tse says he believes the pricing per year on each enterprise subscriber is between $100 and $150. At 10-million subscribers, he notes that this could add up to $1.50 EPS to BlackBerry. What’s more, he believes there is an equal or better number of iOS and Android phones in the enterprise, and thinks another 10-million subscribers could come from there. This additional $1.50 EPS upside is not in Tse’s forecast, he says, but soon could be.
    oh la la ! (in English ? sing it !)
    cjcampbell, lcjr, psy fi and 3 others like this.
    06-21-13 08:52 AM
    06-21-13 08:54 AM
    Guys, when I said we (and Europe) don't joke with privacy ...

Google Faces French Order to Fix Privacy Issues Within 90 Days
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    06-21-13 08:56 AM
    Got an order for 14.48 on the tsx. Lets hope for a quick dip to refule for a nice run!
    06-21-13 08:56 AM
    I believe M+8 does not believe in this phenomenon. Let's see if today makes him a believer.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-21-13 09:03 AM

It's no wonder they are yet to hear from Google. Those fines are mere pennies.
    06-21-13 09:05 AM

Our US government has a different way of seeing things.

They think if you do not know it, it is OK! Problem is now we all know. I am not sure we will ever get them back under control. They have elevated themself's was above us and it is getting hard to reach them!
    06-21-13 09:06 AM
    I believe M+8 does not believe in this phenomenon. Let's see if today makes him a believer.
    And I believe we will be at $15 at close on Thursday... waiting for the ER. ($15 being halfway between $10 bears and $20 bulls) Just throwin' it out there.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 06-21-13 at 09:50 AM.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-21-13 09:09 AM
    "Google could potentially be fined about $1 billion for shortcomings in its data privacy policies in Europe."

That amount and higher is the only thing that will make Google re-look at how to get away with things differently. lol
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-21-13 09:11 AM
    "Google could potentially be fined about $1 billion for shortcomings in its data privacy policies in Europe."

That amount and higher is the only thing that will make Google re-look at how to get away with things differently. lol
    This is what I was getting at... not the potential fines but the real current ones....

If Google doesn't comply, it faces an initial fine of up to $201,100 and a second of $396,400 if it still fails to act, according to a report by Reuters.
    In April, Google was hit with an $189,167 fine in Germany for collecting user data without fully disclosing the practice as Google Street View vehicles combed German streets collecting information for its maps from 2007 to 2010
    lcjr likes this.
    06-21-13 09:13 AM
    As an example : in France, the government actually made them pay for quoting (paper) press article ... that's the way it is, liberal but not wild
    It will finance the "numeric transition". €60 millions. Still a drop in the bucket for Google, but they lose and pay.

EDIT: sry, it's google translated
    http://translate.google.com/translat...65.html#submit
    06-21-13 09:14 AM
    ok guys my short-squeeze sell orders are locked in and waiting. lol
    Not going to watch the stock today as I have a strawberry picking date with my lovely toddler daughter.
    Counting the days down to next FRIDAY!!!!
    06-21-13 09:20 AM
    I believe that BBRY will qualify for the R&D tax credit again, and if we sell a lot more BB10s than older phones I figure we'll break $1 per share earnings.
    I hope you are right. If we assumed an adjusted forward P/E of 10 that would make $40/share fair value.

=)

Also welcome back. nevermind the haters. Be a happy warrior.
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    06-21-13 09:23 AM
    This is what I was getting at... not the potential fines but the real current ones....

If Google doesn't comply, it faces an initial fine of up to $201,100 and a second of $396,400 if it still fails to act, according to a report by Reuters.
    In April, Google was hit with an $189,167 fine in Germany for collecting user data without fully disclosing the practice as Google Street View vehicles combed German streets collecting information for its maps from 2007 to 2010
    Yep, they got caught in the states too. They assured everyone it was a mistake and they didn't even look at the data.

Conspiracy theory #1,999,543,867,457. Google collects data and sells to secret government agency that is no longer so secret. No longer so secret agency uses said information because they didn't obtain it through ease-dropping themselves. Hmmmmmm...

Go BING!! lol
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    06-21-13 09:24 AM
    Our US government has a different way of seeing things.

They think if you do not know it, it is OK! Problem is now we all know. I am not sure we will ever get them back under control. They have elevated themself's was above us and it is getting hard to reach them!
    It's healthy that the United States is having this discussion and people are actually giving a * for a change. Since 9/11, so many unchecked powers have been handed to government and people remained indifferent.

I agree that it's going to be difficult to undo any of them, especially since half the country, on some level, thinks espionage is necessary for our protection.
    rarsen and lcjr like this.
    06-21-13 09:26 AM
    Well I'm off to enjoy the summer sun! Swimming with the kids today. Happy trading!
    06-21-13 09:33 AM
    Well I'm off to enjoy the summer sun! Swimming with the kids today. Happy trading!
    Sounds like a much better plan than watching BBRY struggle the whole day.

Have a great time and welcome back Charles!
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    06-21-13 09:35 AM
    It's healthy that the United States is having this discussion and people are actually giving a * for a change. Since 9/11, so many unchecked powers have been handed to government and people remained indifferent.

I agree that it's going to be difficult to undo any of them, especially since half the country, on some level, thinks espionage is necessary for our protection.
    Over half our country does not care how much of our rights are steped on as long as they get their monthly entitlements!
    lcjr and matthewriedle like this.
    06-21-13 09:37 AM
    Quite the spread between BBRY and BB.TO. I don't remember seeing a difference of this much before. 65 cents.... most I remember as of late was a 40 cent difference.

I know it's the exchange rate but still noteworthy
    06-21-13 09:43 AM
    06-21-13 09:46 AM
    The worst part of that is the showing of the old old old BB's. All the shots they showed had bloody trackballs for crying out loud...lol
    lcjr likes this.
    06-21-13 09:49 AM
113,251 ... 13401341134213431344 ...