when does presentation end?
    01-30-13 11:19 AM
    still on air The BlackBerry Experience
    01-30-13 11:20 AM
    think its over
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-30-13 11:21 AM
    U think its gonna crash today based on your thought so far?
    01-30-13 11:22 AM
    Stock is dropping because....

No Netflix.

(j/k)
    spike12 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    late launch and nothing really new
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    Now??? It looks cool but another month + to US launch is very disappointing especially with UK and Canada so much quicker. I know they can't control Verizon, ATT and the rest but they may take a beating for this by the stock market. Glad they brought Alicia Keys on board, she is a great artist and role model, but it was a little transparent. Not sure you can just buy the cool factor. Not sure you can fake out the pessimists on Wall St. Overall I'd say a B+, A- roll out.

I'll probably wait it out, but I am not sure how the slow US roll out will effect the stock price, After all us Americans are the center of the universe
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    We waited soooooo long for this and now we have to wait again until mid March???? What's available right now since I couldn't watch the live broadcast?? Any updates coming??
    I personally am disappointed with that presentation. So many unanswered questions, poor presentation skills by everyone besides Vivek.

Fail fail fail. At least the hardware/software looks good...but man...considering it took 2 years to get to this day, you'd think they'd pay attention to launches that went right, and ones that didn't.
    U think its gonna crash today based on your thought so far?
    I bought another 200 shares. But market so far doesn't like it. I think Thorsten didn't come across too well, especially for a US market used to more pizazz. But the product seem excellent. It will be the reviews by technology press today and later that will affect the share price. I think )hope?) we will see $20 in a day or two.
    My opinion. Heins blew it. No charisma. Mispronounces words. Claps at what he says. Told you he should just get off the stage as soon as possible.
    Why was nobody clapping?
    Nindia and Acumenight like this.
    01-30-13 11:26 AM
    Now??? It looks cool but another month + to US launch is very disappointing especially with UK and Canada so much quicker. I know they can't control Verizon, ATT and the rest but they may take a beating for this by the stock market. Glad they brought Alicia Keys on board, she is a great artist and role model, but it was a little transparent. Not sure you can just buy the cool factor. Not sure you can fake out the pessimists on Wall St. Overall I'd say a B+, A- roll out.

I'll probably wait it out, but I am not sure how the slow US roll out will effect the stock price, After all us Americans are the center of the universe
    The US carriers are to blame. T-Mobile just met with RIM on the 24th of January. That was 6 days ago. T-Mobile will be a late March launch.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    I just hope we can level back out at the price we opened at this morning by end of day..
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    My opinion. Heins blew it. No charisma. Mispronounces words. Claps at what he says. Told you he should just get off the stage as soon as possible.
    Why was nobody clapping?
    Agreed.

Just because you're the CEO doesn't mean you need to be the one making the presentation. This could've gone 1000x better and I personally think I could've done a better job orchestrating the event myself.
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    I just hope we can level back out at the price we opened at this morning by end of day..
    I would be surprised. Shorts / sellers hammered the stock during the first few minutes of the presentation. If the presentation was amazing, I would expect the stock to climb back up slowly but surely by the end of the day. The presentation was lackluster and the only "major" announcement other than what we already knew was Skype is confirmed.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
    Everyone's a critic.

If there are line ups tomorrow to get the phone in the UK and they sell out on the first day, everyone will be singing a different tune.
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    Honestly, dissapointed in the launch as several others... sure, some great news items (such as Skype finally), but very scripted overall with no pizzazz whatsoever. What about M2M???I thought that this was supposed to be some kind of revolution? And it was basically mentioned here and there in a very wishy-washy way. What about visuals of QNX implementation in cars, space station, medical devices communicating with doctor's Z10?
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    The existing and potential larger investors are likely waiting for more detailed information on service fee structure and strategic partnerships before the stock will change more significantly. The other factor would be sales figures, but that will come in a few months.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:33 AM
    Everyone's a critic.

If there are line ups tomorrow to get the phone in the UK and they sell out on the first day, everyone will be singing a different tune.
    I think BB 10 will succedd but the presentation stunk.
    Based on what I've read and heard, share prices will probably NOT go back up to the $18.00 mark again. In for the long run now my friends, hoping that presentation doesn't drown out the product. Very disappointed right now, but then again I probably built this up in my mind too big....
    I personally am disappointed with that presentation. So many unanswered questions, poor presentation skills by everyone besides Vivek.

Fail fail fail. At least the hardware/software looks good...but man...considering it took 2 years to get to this day, you'd think they'd pay attention to launches that went right, and ones that didn't.
    Vivek was good and that App guy was good (though he was presenting as if he was running a marathon), but that was actually kind of exciting when he said Skype will be on it.

I'll agree it was a bit anticlamatic. Was missing anything really "new" to us.
    01-30-13 11:34 AM
    The US carriers are to blame. T-Mobile just met with RIM on the 24th of January. That was 6 days ago. T-Mobile will be a late March launch.
    I know but BB should have done (and maybe they did) everything possible to launch sooner. Throw money, exclusivity, something at a major US carrier to be ready MUCH sooner. They are going to waste all the buzz from today and then once the phone gets out int eh real world there will be a bunch of people b!tching about problems with the phone, real, perhaps and imagined for sure. Thor should have stayed in Waterloo or gone to London where the phone will be available. Just a wasted opportunity if you ask me. Wall St will probably not like this. Corporate CIO's won't wait either. JMHO....
    Honestly, dissapointed in the launch as several others... sure, some great news items (such as Skype finally), but very scripted overall with no pizzazz whatsoever. What about M2M???I thought that this was supposed to be some kind of revolution? And it was basically mentioned here and there in a very wishy-washy way. What about visuals of QNX implementation in cars, space station, medical devices communicating with doctor's Z10?
    to be fair, it was about launching the new mobile operation system and ecosystem, not a corporate meeting.
    Exactly. They've shown so much more already outside of this launch party. The enterprise conference I went to a few months back had almost the same presentation except they at least had some videos of what it's capable of instead of gimmicky live presentations.
107,423 ... 130131132133134 ...