1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    TMI dudes.
    06-14-13 12:44 PM
    Never thought I would be saying, "We're red today."
    Friday's have been tough, as they seem to pin the price as low as possible for the weekly options, so what will they be aiming for? $14.50 or $14?
    06-14-13 12:47 PM
    I'll be 'sprung' if this hits 20 after the ER........
    I'd be more than sprung ... I'd be ... spent

The key after the earnings report I'm hoping occurs is:
    1. Analyst across the board (or a majority) rate the stock as a BUY & maintain this through until the next earnings report.

2. See more value in the company - especially with M2M initiative.

3. More developers work together to bring more "valuable" and meaningful and unique applications to the platform:
    Medical applications,
    Accessibility life enhancement applications
    ^ really looking for QNX code member who is in a wheelchair to cox his team colleagues to come up with something unique for BB10.
    tie-ins to help medical corporations - especially in the USA. Reading a few threads on macrumors.com a LOT of tech guys are annoyed with iPads that actually don't have applications that work with proprietary staples in their environments.
    Less games app highlights from BBWorld or from the BB blogs ... gaming is nice and fun, but with E3 just finished with PS4 and XBox One taking the roost home, its a battle that will be ignored for a few months. I'd rather have apps that glorify the BB10 as a productive tool first and foremost and also how it can enhance lives - games are secondary. If not then those who already enjoy more entertaining games on iOS, PSVita, Ninentendo DS variants will go for those platforms for entertainment gaming.
    06-14-13 12:47 PM
    Short-squeeze rally could drive BlackBerry to $20, says fund manager

June 14, 2013 By Nick Waddell 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

With earnings due this month, Sprung Investment Management’s Michael Sprung says there is a realistic scenario in which BlackBerry could experience a “fairly significant” short-squeeze rally that would drive the stock to $20. But investors playing this scenario should know it is not without risks, he says.
    If it can beat the street’s expectations later this month, the huge short position currently held on BlackBerry could set it up for a big short rally,

Michael Sprung, President of Sprung Investment Management appeared on Market Call Tonight with host Mark Bunting Wednesday to talk about Canadian large cap stocks.

With earnings due this month, Sprung says there is a realistic scenario in which BlackBerry could experience a “fairly significant” short-squeeze rally that would drive the stock to $20.

BlackBerry will report its Q1, 2014 results on Friday, June 28th, before market open.

Bunting noted that in the United States, more than 38% of total BlackBerry shares are currently shorted.

When investors sell a stock short they are betting they can buy the stock back at a lower price. The profit in the trade comes from the difference between the price at which they sell and the price at which they buy the stock back.

Sprung warns that while BlackBerry appears cheap, the are caveats.

He says BlackBerry has a done a wonderful job of reinitializing itself in the market, but the tech space is particularly unpredictable and fast moving. He says it could be argued that BlackBerry has the appearance of a value stock right now, but says the space is difficult to peg because you are dealing not just with technology but “fashion and consumer whims”. He suggests investors playing the short-squeeze scenario do it with money they can afford to lose.

Shares of BlackBerry rallied yesterday after Societe Generale analyst Andy Perkins changed his rating to BUY and upped his target price on the Waterloo-based company to $17, from his previous $13. Perkins said his channel checks suggested that sales of BlackBerry 10 handsets could exceed five million units in Q1.

At press time, shares of BlackBerry on the TSX were up .3% to $14.75.

Short-squeeze rally could drive BlackBerry to $20, says fund manager
    If I'm short and needed to cover I would not do it now ( at least aggressively ) but start it next week so it does not show on the biweekly report leading to the ER. : ) The June 15th report will show up on the 23rd??
    Last thing you want is to confirm the covering happening which would add more pressure to the possible short meltdown. It would also keep the longs guessing.

Someone mentioned that Tesla despite the recents gains in SP, still has a substantial amount of shorts. Only 10% of the shorts covered which caused the pretty decent rise in SP. Can't confirm this except for the rise of SP, but I'm hoping for the same effect on BB.
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-14-13 12:50 PM
    06-14-13 12:58 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bianca-amezcua.jpg

Friday's Suck
    06-14-13 12:58 PM
    Time to add a little groove to this beast..... (the relevance will show at 1:03 )

Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies - YouTube
    I don't get it ... and I know that song/video when it debuted? ??
    06-14-13 01:01 PM
    If I'm short and needed to cover I would not do it now ( at least aggressively ) but start it next week so it does not show on the biweekly report leading to the ER. : ) The June 15th report will show up on the 23rd??
    Last thing you want is to confirm the covering happening which would add more pressure to the possible short meltdown. It would also keep the longs guessing.

Someone mentioned that Tesla despite the recents gains in SP, still has a substantial amount of shorts. Only 10% of the shorts covered which caused the pretty decent rise in SP. Can't confirm this except for the rise of SP, but I'm hoping for the same effect on BB.
    I think what happened with Tesla is that when the price shot up the "old" shorts got creamed. As the price got frothy, new shorts then stepped in to short it at the much higher price. Shorting a stock after it doubles from 50 to over $100 might be attractive to many people who would have never thought or tried to short it at 50.
    06-14-13 01:06 PM
    It appears max pain for this Friday's OPEX is $14, but I see them pinning it at $14.50 today!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bbry_max_pain20130614.jpg

Friday's have been tough, as they seem to pin the price as low as possible for the weekly options, so what will they be aiming for? $14.50 or $14?
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 01:08 PM
    I don't get it ... and I know that song/video when it debuted? ??
    Cowbell my friend.... cowbell
    lcjr, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-13 01:13 PM
    They are trying to hold the ceiling at $14.50 ....they might do that...but I'd like to see some big longs move in and crush that ceiling and move us up to $14.85 close.
    06-14-13 01:15 PM
    Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Stand Sure!
    Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 01:23 PM
    I have faith that this stock will test $20 pretty soon the Z10 is still selling pretty well. the below link shows the Z10 still selling at over $500 (with 18 sold by this vendor). Humm counting patiently my eggs!!
    New Blackberry Z10 STL100 3 Black Unlocked | eBay
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 01:33 PM
    It appears max pain for this Friday's OPEX is $14, but I see them pinning it at $14.50 today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY_Max_pain20130614.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	172120
    It looks like it could climb from now to market close. I am hoping for $14.80 to $15 at the end of the day
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-14-13 01:37 PM
    I don't care so much about where it closes today but, I alway wished Thorsten would announce something big on a Friday after market closes. That way, the shorts will be forced to either cover in the illiquid afterhours market, or lose nights of sleep over the whole weekend.

They've been ruthless to us the entire way, there's no reason to show them any mercy. Tonight will be a good time to preannounce/or provide an updated guidance, given that their previous guidance of "break-even" is probably no longer valid.
    06-14-13 01:43 PM
    I don't care so much about where it closes today but, I alway wished Thorsten would announce something big on a Friday after market closes. That way, the shorts will be forced to either cover in the illiquid afterhours market, or lose nights of sleep over the whole weekend.

They've been ruthless to us the entire way, there's no reason to show them any mercy. Tonight will be a good time to preannounce/or provide an updated guidance, given that their previous guidance of "break-even" is probably no longer valid.
    TH is not one to speak often, I would not expect it.

Sometimes he should not talk.
    06-14-13 01:45 PM
    Pluto, you can add another beautiful young lady to the list of Q10 owners, as my wife will be going in for an early upgrade to her 9900 this weekend
    Is she getting the White Q10 and the Black?
    06-14-13 01:46 PM
    TH is not one to speak often, I would not expect it.

Sometimes he should not talk.
    Man, that is harsh. I give public seminars periodically (in addition to classroom lectures) and I have to say it is not easy and you can't please everyone. I personally think that TH is doing a fine job at it.
    06-14-13 01:51 PM
    Here you go, something to ponder over the weekend. This should give the shorts less sleep over the weekend..

BlackBerry: Major New Investors? - Seeking Alpha
    06-14-13 01:51 PM
    Man, that is harsh. I give public seminars periodically (in addition to classroom lectures) and I have to say it is not easy and you can't please everyone. I personally think that TH is doing a fine job at it.
    Sorry but my opinion differs. That is OK.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-14-13 01:56 PM
    He is getting better for sure, but even the recent BB Live event was full of awkward moments, hand clapping and other tough to watch segments. Some of it was content, but a lot of it was poor delivery of odd content. I am sure it is tough trying to do it in English as well, but I agree, sometimes I cringe when I watch/hear what he has to say. He is on an upward trajectory, but has a long way to go as far as I am concerned.
    06-14-13 02:04 PM
    I'd be more than sprung ... I'd be ... spent

The key after the earnings report I'm hoping occurs is:

Less games app highlights from BBWorld or from the BB blogs ... gaming is nice and fun, but with E3 just finished with PS4 and XBox One taking the roost home, its a battle that will be ignored for a few months. I'd rather have apps that glorify the BB10 as a productive tool first and foremost and also how it can enhance lives - games are secondary. If not then those who already enjoy more entertaining games on iOS, PSVita, Ninentendo DS variants will go for those platforms for entertainment gaming.
    I agree. Just my opinion but to me the lack of apps or the number compared to other brands is not even worth looking at. Most of the apps out there on other platforms are worthless and provide no actual use other than one second of amusement. More than several are links to viruses, and still others are filled with spam and useless advertisement. I would rather Blackberry have fewer apps but provide quality productivity opportunities while being secured and lacking spam and advertisements. I'd like to see more database apps myself and a quality business app that has everything a small business needs to succeed, like inventory, payrol, assetts, etc all in one quality app.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-14-13 02:07 PM
    If any of the companies that are shorting blackberry right now are publicly traded, I’d sure would like to short a few of their shares. Lol Victory with an extra kick while they are down. That’s how you do it.
    lcjr, cjcampbell and Acumenight like this.
    06-14-13 02:08 PM
    All you people complaining about TH being not that good with public speaking, please try to remember what happened the last time the world gave us an excellent German orator.

Have a great weekend all
    Bugmapper and Acumenight like this.
    06-14-13 02:10 PM
    Sorry but my opinion differs. That is OK.
    you buy a stock based on whether the CEO is a good enough public speaker rather than the stock's performance?
    06-14-13 02:16 PM
107,057 ... 12871288128912901291 ...