View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    Q2 is gonna be a smash with pretty much full rollout of Z10 + Q10 worldwide for 3 months. Plus 1 month+ Q5. They won't split up Z10:Q10 sales - so adding some Q10 numbers to the US market total BB10 numbers is fine by me and could even throw off the analysts who might think they are 100% Z10 sales.

I want as many BB10 sales as can be booked for Q1 to shake these shorts and hopefully squeeze them now enough BS day to day......I'm not worried at all about Q2 numbers so if they don't shake out in July they certainly will in October if not September 28th.
    Well there is one difference between us then. I didn't buy this stock for a 6 month turn around. I bought it for at the very least a year. Yes, I would love to see a squeeze come the 28th... who wouldn't... but my long term mind tells me that I'd rather see sequential growth and in spades. If we can see growth this Q without the Q10 sales to enterprise in the US, then add them to the following Q, then that one will be yet another blowout which, in turn, will drive the stock even higher.

This stock we've invested in is driven by news. Aside from the ER and the impending DoD contract, what do you think will come? We may get analysts assumptions of the Q5 but other than that, we've got 3 months to wait after the 28th. Hold long... await an even better Q than we're about to have, then you'll see why you bought into BB.
    06-13-13 10:21 PM
    Can somebody say $16 for tomorrow?
    06-13-13 10:27 PM
    Can somebody say $16 for tomorrow?
    $16 for tomorrow
    06-13-13 10:34 PM
    And 16.00 for tomorrow...like he said.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-13 10:43 PM
    Misek on BNN

BNN Video Player
    Misek read like a well scripted advertisement! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:43 PM
    Yep, as good as a squeeze sounds now, it will be much more if it holds off some. I can definitely wait.
    06-13-13 10:45 PM
    Tomorrow is OPEX. I think we will close at $14.50 to make $14.50 calls worthless.
    06-13-13 10:46 PM
    Misek read like a well scripted advertisement! Nice.

Posted via CB10
    Ha! I called that a long time ago and nobody wanted to hear it. BlackBerry in the future will be all software. That's where the money is.
    06-13-13 10:53 PM
    Well there is one difference between us then. I didn't buy this stock for a 6 month turn around. I bought it for at the very least a year. Yes, I would love to see a squeeze come the 28th... who wouldn't... but my long term mind tells me that I'd rather see sequential growth and in spades. If we can see growth this Q without the Q10 sales to enterprise in the US, then add them to the following Q, then that one will be yet another blowout which, in turn, will drive the stock even higher.

This stock we've invested in is driven by news. Aside from the ER and the impending DoD contract, what do you think will come? We may get analysts assumptions of the Q5 but other than that, we've got 3 months to wait after the 28th. Hold long... await an even better Q than we're about to have, then you'll see why you bought into BB.
    I am 50% long and 50% short/med calls -- so obviously the short term impacts me more than the long term.

Without the short interest I wouldn't care as much -- but I don't want the shorts to be able to push this stock down with concerns, or at least make it as hard as possible for them to push it down after Q1 ER.

The longer they are around, the worse off Blackberry is. The shorts will continue to feed coin to peeps to publish rubbish articles and that affects the Blackberry Brand. It is seriously affecting US sales and the US media eats up all of this short b$llsh$t. Until that negativity sourced from the shorts stops, the US market will be very hard to start increasing BB market share (to say a desirable 10% level).
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 10:54 PM

What else will come:

high Q1 sales will have people looking at blackberry again - "so blackberry ISN'T going out of business like that AT&T rep told me?"
    reversed trends (ie trending higher) Kantar, Comscore, other polls (intention to buy a BB10), more BES10 contracts (a lot of government contracts as BES10 approvals occur, UK and Canada will be big), Q5, BBM accounts double overnight (when it gets released....August?) showing the social media value, maybe BBM money outside of Indonesia?

Lots of little things will slowly add to the offering.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-13 11:02 PM
    I'm excited to know that in today's world where the general public becomes more concerned with their privacy and corporations are concerned with their secrets, one corporation comes to mind that provides that security. BlackBerry will be the world renowned corporation everybody eventually turns to and they will become the standard more so than today. Just a matter of time but we're witnessing it begin right before our eyes.
    06-13-13 11:11 PM
    In other news:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...n-Akerson-apps

This idea + BBM Money =
    "“How cool would it be to have your car automatically call Dunkin’ Donuts when you’re a mile away so your coffee and cruller are ready and paid for when you pull up?”"
    plane6065 likes this.
    06-13-13 11:15 PM
    In other news:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...n-Akerson-apps

This idea + BBM Money =
    "“How cool would it be to have your car automatically call Dunkin’ Donuts when you’re a mile away so your coffee and cruller are ready and paid for when you pull up?”"
    Wish they had that when I was patrolling way back when. Hahaha.
    plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 11:17 PM
    I'm excited to know that in today's world where the general public becomes more concerned with their privacy and corporations are concerned with their secrets, one corporation comes to mind that provides that security. BlackBerry will be the world renowned corporation everybody eventually turns to and they will become the standard more so than today. Just a matter of time but we're witnessing it begin right before our eyes.
    Agreed but BlackBerry needs to get out if their comfort zone and start selling like hell to the consumer. Enterprise sales will help BlackBerry maintain status quo but to thrive and grow they need to capture the consumer market.
    06-13-13 11:20 PM
    Agreed but BlackBerry needs to get out if their comfort zone and start selling like hell to the consumer. Enterprise sales will help BlackBerry maintain status quo but to thrive and grow they need to capture the consumer market.
    With what's happening around the world right now it may be given to them on a silver platter. Everybody knows the name BlackBerry and links that with business security. Now that the general population is demanding privacy and is getting really scared, the fact that BlackBerry is now for everyone including the private sector the choice will become obvious. In the future, BlackBerry Just needs to be the software everyone chooses to put onto whatever devices that can handle it. Devices are just plastic and other cheap materials, but the software running it and securing your information is invaluable.
    Dapper37, plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 11:26 PM
    Ha! I called that a long time ago and nobody wanted to hear it. BlackBerry in the future will be all software. That's where the money is.
    LCJR, Happy belated Birthday, I agreed, Software is where the money is. Hardware margin is to the point where it is almost little or not profit. i work for one of the largest carrier in Canada, and service revenue is by far the most profitable for all carriers out there. I can totally see BBOS be a reality, Microsoft did not become who they are today by selling computers.
    plane6065, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-13-13 11:36 PM

squeeze for the show - long for the dough !

P.S: you shouldn't read me much today. I've set kinda rehearsal for our $100 party at home ... "back in the 80's @ the Palace in Paris" ... actually with the DJ that was resident by this time "that less than 40 cannot remember". Let's party !
    06-14-13 01:36 AM
    Why the NSA leak may boost Blackberry (and force us to move to Canada) | TG Daily

Looking at the iPhone in particular, you have to disable Safari, iMessage, iTunes, the Apple App store and WiFi (pretty much everything that makes the iPhone an iPhone). Anything short of the case and UI have to be turned off and Android isn’t any different. Windows Phone is actually better, but you have to use Good Technology to secure the phone. Blackberry is best because you don’t appear to have to cripple it at all.
    Unlike Apple and Google, Blackberry is in Canada and Canada doesn’t seem to be doing the really aggressive monitoring that the US and China are doing. Given how nice Canadians are I’d expect them to actually ask permission first. So this whole dustup should benefit Blackberry and it is hurting US technology companies a lot because really no one, particularly if there are in foreign countries, likes the idea of the US government monitoring their conversations, texts, or location.
    06-14-13 03:30 AM
    Really interesting website as well. I've bookmarked it for further reading.

44% of the volume today was short on BBRY .

Just punch in the ticker at the following link:

Data

06-14-13 03:53 AM
    My biggest fear today . . . a visit from the bears. Will be keeping my stops very close today.
    06-14-13 04:10 AM
    If you want to keep the bears away, don't leave garbage cans lying around your back garden.

My biggest fear today . . . a visit from the bears. Will be keeping my stops very close today.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-14-13 04:27 AM
    I think you are way to trusting of the Canadian government.

I do trust that the USA government can slice through Blackberry's security with ease. I guess if people "think" it is secure, it WILL make the feel better but I am betting the government has a back door to Blackberry just like some other governments have demanded and got.
    06-14-13 05:00 AM
    A Bear raid now is like closing the barn door after the horse got out.

The Sharts are sharting their Sharts.
    Ahhhhhh.....Smells like victory
    06-14-13 05:09 AM
    A Bear raid now is like closing the barn door after the horse got out.

The Sharts are sharting their Sharts.
    Ahhhhhh.....Smells like victory
    Not so sure but lets hope so!
    06-14-13 05:40 AM
    Morning all...yes, I'm interested to see how they react too...basically they gave back most of what was gained over the past couple weeks in one day.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:58 AM
105,942 ... 12801281128212831284 ...