View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    I'd like to think you're right but I see us settling below 15. I personally see a max of 14.85 for the close with a downside of 14.60
    Crossing above the 50 DMA will bring even more confidence to the stock.

However, as long as we keep closing UP, I don't care.
    The Selected Fruit likes this.
    06-13-13 07:00 PM
    Inside on how Misek does his reserach..good watch.

BNN Video Player
    A tad late but thanks none the less
    06-13-13 07:04 PM
    06-13-13 07:07 PM
    Crossing above the 50 DMA will bring even more confidence to the stock.

However, as long as we keep closing UP, I don't care.
    You are absolutely right but I think we tapped the volume for the near term. The upgrade this morning was an anomaly that won't be repeated. We gapped up today by a lot and held but it was a jump up immediately and then it leveled off for the majority of the day. It's still very uncertain ground so I wouldn't expect days like today unless we get more upgrades, and even then, I'd say a max of 4%. If we can finish in the high 14's tomorrow, that is great as it puts us above the 50-dma and sets us up for some more positive gains next week.
    06-13-13 07:10 PM
    Why are they not marketing that it saves the companies money on data plans? Or are they in the business circles? Really don't hear much about it at all, should be a major selling feature.
    Old BB7 used to same money on data plans due to compression. BB10 doesn't compress. Not so sure I agree with what he was saying there....
    06-13-13 07:38 PM
    Old BB7 used to same money on data plans due to compression. BB10 doesn't compress. Not so sure I agree with what he was saying there....
    He's not using an old BB device. He's using an iPhone. All his work data runs through the BB NOC which will save on data. BES and BIS are different whereas BIS used to run all traffic through their NOC, now only the BES does so they benefit from it.
    take99, bungaboy, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    06-13-13 07:43 PM
    Don't forget about OPEX tomorrow...

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    06-13-13 07:52 PM
    He's not using an old BB device. He's using an iPhone. All his work data runs through the BB NOC which will save on data. BES and BIS are different whereas BIS used to run all traffic through their NOC, now only the BES does so they benefit from it.
    This is not an area I am familiar with. But I do have a very technical background -- if it was on paper I could easily understand it. In order to save on data costs through the telco 3/4G network, I would think the data would have to be compressed from/to the device through the NOC. So does the 'container' on the iPhone compress data from the iPhone and uncompress incoming data on the device? Or is the data only compressed once it reaches the NOC?
    06-13-13 07:54 PM
    44% of the volume today was short on BBRY .

Just punch in the ticker at the following link:

Data

HHow accurate this site it says the total volume 17..... mill but it was 32... mill today.
    06-13-13 07:58 PM
    This is not an area I am familiar with. But I do have a very technical background -- if it was on paper I could easily understand it. In order to save on data costs through the telco 3/4G network, I would think the data would have to be compressed from/to the device through the NOC. So does the 'container' on the iPhone compress data from the iPhone and uncompress incoming data on the device? Or is the data only compressed once it reaches the NOC?
    Essentially they have set up an "app" that is your secure container. When using that, all data from it runs through the BB NOC, via the company server, and is secure and compressed. What is outgoing runs that way and what is incoming runs the opposite. So as long as you are using your secured work area, you will be following this channel. This will not apply for your personal web, apps, email etc...
    fedakd, Bugmapper, Lehomer and 1 others like this.
    06-13-13 08:06 PM
    Essentially they have set up an "app" that is your secure container. When using that, all data from it runs through the BB NOC, via the company server, and is secure and compressed. What is outgoing runs that way and what is incoming runs the opposite. So as long as you are using your secured work area, you will be following this channel. This will not apply for your personal web, apps, email etc...
    Ok - you are saying using the BES secure container on the iPhone/Android devices compresses/uncompresses at the device. If true then I buy what Misek was saying. Makes sense actually if BB wants to claim secure transmission from non BB devices. So the encryption/hash key must be within that container software....
    06-13-13 08:10 PM
    Coping from another thread to get others input on if some Q10 sales would be recorded in Q1 for US market:

Originally Posted by cjcampbell
    No... the end of the Q was at the end of May. However, the US Z10 sales will be included.

Originally Posted by Spiller
    I don't know I think they could have snuck some in. I think at least one carrier was shipping business Q10 orders by June 2? Blackberry can include shipped (=sold) units if they were shipped from BB inventory by May 31 ....I'm hoping 300K. The consumer orders were shipped by telcos Jun 6th. Also possible that BB had shipped those units by May 31. Correct my assumptions if I'm wrong.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-13-13 08:11 PM
    Another SA

Seeking Alpha
    Shanerredflag and Bugmapper like this.
    06-13-13 08:12 PM
    Ok - you are saying using the BES secure container on the iPhone/Android devices compresses/uncompresses at the device. If true then I buy what Misek was saying. Makes sense actually if BB wants to claim secure transmission from non BB devices. So the encryption/hash key must be within that container software....
    Yes. You've got it. You're device, based on the key the your company purchased for it, decodes what is sent to it via the encrypted network.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-13-13 08:14 PM
    Yes. You've got it. You're device, based on the key the your company purchased for it, decodes what is sent to it via the encrypted network.
    Grasshopper...you are wise.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:17 PM
    Coping from another thread to get others input on if some Q10 sales would be recorded in Q1 for US market:

Originally Posted by cjcampbell
    No... the end of the Q was at the end of May. However, the US Z10 sales will be included.

Originally Posted by Spiller
    I don't know I think they could have snuck some in. I think at least one carrier was shipping business Q10 orders by June 2? Blackberry can include shipped (=sold) units if they were shipped from BB inventory by May 31 ....I'm hoping 300K. The consumer orders were shipped by telcos Jun 6th. Also possible that BB had shipped those units by May 31. Correct my assumptions if I'm wrong.
    In theory, some of the enterprise sales of the Q10 will be a part of it but I think it will be nominal. I'd almost rather they stay out of it and get a part of the 2nd Q.
    Shanerredflag and La Emperor like this.
    06-13-13 08:21 PM
    Grasshopper...you are wise.

Posted via CB10
    nah... just drunk
    06-13-13 08:21 PM
    Bbm channels beta refresh is up. On schedule as promised.

Really looking forward to when this is released. Great potential for non-invasive monetization IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 08:24 PM
    Yeah, I am a believer but I do disagree with him on that. But if he can see the company being profitable and valuable with software alone, then hardware will be icing on the cake.
    To be secure, you need to control the hardware and software. You can not have China making hardware for you because before you know it, they'll be creating custom chips that look like the real thing that provide back doors to handsets.

Anyway, once they leave the hardware business, the software business will eventually follow. It will be the death nail for BBRY or the point where a sale will be the proper path for shareholder value.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 08:58 PM
    44% of the volume today was short on BBRY .

Just punch in the ticker at the following link:

Data

What does that even mean? I mean in reality. Are people entering or exiting short positions based on this info?
    06-13-13 09:02 PM
    I can see them licensing the low and mid tier market and keeping the high end in their control...that makes perfect sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:04 PM
    Hope you enjoyed the fine dining with the wife last night LC, another year older is another year wiser! Happy birthday Sir.
    Thanks for sharing what you can. Really!

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 09:05 PM
    Happy Happy Happy
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-13 09:14 PM
    In theory, some of the enterprise sales of the Q10 will be a part of it but I think it will be nominal. I'd almost rather they stay out of it and get a part of the 2nd Q.
    Q2 is gonna be a smash with pretty much full rollout of Z10 + Q10 worldwide for 3 months. Plus 1 month+ Q5. They won't split up Z10:Q10 sales - so adding some Q10 numbers to the US market total BB10 numbers is fine by me and could even throw off the analysts who might think they are 100% Z10 sales.

I want as many BB10 sales as can be booked for Q1 to shake these shorts and hopefully squeeze them now enough BS day to day......I'm not worried at all about Q2 numbers so if they don't shake out in July they certainly will in October if not September 28th.
    06-13-13 09:59 PM
    Like Charles said once, the shorts won't give up easy. They are in way too deep and none of them want to just give up and go into bankruptcy or worse. The upcoming weeks will definitely be interesting. Will the bulls let them out gradually to minimize the catastrophic effect or will they let a short squeeze happen and crush them?

Edit: I vote for the crush. Hahaha.
    06-13-13 10:18 PM
105,637 ... 12791280128112821283 ...