View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well I haven't seen BlackBerry on the REG SHO list. So I think all the brokers are behaving. Let's hope the exchanges smarten up after this news yesterday

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100806985

Powered by QNX
    06-12-13 08:50 PM
    I'm checking in with my IT buddies and asking for an update on the DoD implementation plan. Hopefully I can provide at least an update for you guys tomorrow.
    06-12-13 08:51 PM
    One of them just text me back and said he has an updated memo from DISA and will get it to me first thing in the morning. He said it just came out yesterday. Can't believe he didn't send it to me right then. He invited me to a BBQ this weekend to make up for it but San Antonio is a 9 hour drive. Dang, he has the expensive beer too. Haha.
    06-12-13 08:59 PM
    I think a lot of people lost a lot of money on BlackBerry, and now they want revenge.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Oh, the irony ....

I suppose it is part of the list of cognitive biases somewhere. Which means that people are effected.

List of cognitive biases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It amazes me that people can not divorce emotions from investing. Granted 5 years ago .... GUILTY! I've gotten better with alot of the cognitive issues behind investment. Understanding the underlying mechanisms always made it easier for me to control my actions. Funny, just learning about cognitive biases made me a better investor. I figure that it is part of my "empathy quotient". If bored, go google it. I measured something like 22 on it. Anyway, there is something in the way my brain is wired that I can control my actions better when I have a good understanding of what is going on. It effects me in other aspects in my life where most would half *** something I have trouble half assing it.

Alcohol also effects me strangely. I have made breakthroughs and had revelations while drunk. Go figure. It's funny how everyone is wired differently. Something I often remember but most are oblivious too.

Anyway .... BEER .. Raisin D'Etre tonight by Dogfishhead. One of my favorites.
    Raison D'�tre - Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, DE - BeerAdvocate

I apologize for ramblings. Beer also does that to me.
    06-12-13 09:19 PM
    Bud light for me tonight. As for managing self emotions and attitudes, I have a hard time tolerating things that aren't going according to a plan. I can't just wing it. Alcohol makes me happy and I can really come up with great solutions to problems. I'm a type A personality and have to have order, so BB is killing me right now. Need to fast forward to the ER.
    plane6065 and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-12-13 09:28 PM
    Speaking of which, I love this z10!

Just side loaded instagram. What other OS let's you load up software that wasn't even made for it?!? And it runs very well!

I picked up a Q10 for my GF as she was missing her keyboard something fierce and she's absolutely in love with it.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is that the average consumer doesn't even sideload. I a a software engineer. And as much as I want an updated OS, I don't do leaks. And I do not sideload apps., Why? Because there is nothing I need (notice I did not say want), I have not sideloaded anything.

Now, the investment side of the world. The fact that BB10 phones can run android apps is intriguing. Now, if they can figure out how to sell android apps on a Z10, even if Google gets the money, that is huge. Why? Because people will be more apt to buying a Z10. Why? It does what Android does ... and more!!?!?!?!?
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 09:33 PM
    Go Bruins ...
    I was a Leaf fan when I was in Toronto and became a Bruins fan after moving to Boston.

Posted via CB10
    Irony. As a kid, I grew up in Buffalo. I was a Toronto fan mostly. Moved to Connecticut. And I'm leaning towards Boston but it is hard to say no to many other teams I love. I love hockey in general. So, I am mostly a Pitt, Phil, Boston and Toronto fan. But if you put a gun to my head, Toronto is my team. Just sucks that I can't follow them easily. And I have kids now so following any sport is not trivial.
    06-12-13 09:35 PM
    I think a lot of people lost a lot of money on BlackBerry, and now they want revenge.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    EXACTLY!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-12-13 09:36 PM
    Bud light for me tonight. As for managing self emotions and attitudes, I have a hard time tolerating things that aren't going according to a plan. I can't just wing it. Alcohol makes me happy and I can really come up with great solutions to problems. I'm a type A personality and have to have order, so BB is killing me right now. Need to fast forward to the ER.
    With investing, rmember the words of wisdom from the greats.

In the short term,the stock market is a voting machine. I n the long term, it is a weighing machine.

The lesson is simple for a value investor. In the short term, there is nothing you can do to control outcomes. The market can behave irrationally as a whole or in respect to one stock. But in the long term, all stocks are treated the same. Same how? In the long term, all stocks are treated as though value investing applies to them. Control your emotions. Long term, value rules the day.
    06-12-13 09:50 PM
    Wishful thinking here but even if this short squeeze takes us to $30 and we then trade back and forth between $28-32 onwards, I'll be happy.

S***, anything above what I stupidly bought it at ($18.14) would be nice.
    You didn't think it was stupid when you bought, right?

It will come and you will feel brilliant. :-)
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-12-13 09:51 PM
    Who is backing the short side? - BlackBerry - BBRY

JP Morgan mentioned as backing the short side to the end.

Someone said that ATL Cap is associated is some ways to both MS and JP Morgan?

Is it possible that someone accumulated 44M shares of BBRY cheap, in order to SUPPORT THE SHORT TRADE? Could they use this 500M of shares to support the shorted 2.5B and not lose the battle?

Morgan?
    06-12-13 09:52 PM
    06-12-13 09:55 PM
    Dang, now that would be just wrong. What happened between BB and JP Morgan that they would want to shut down BB so bad?
    06-12-13 09:57 PM
    Come on. That's the type of post that got the mods interested in this thread to begin with. please Don't tempt them to come back. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't quote it then I guess. Thanks for your concern. :-)
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:00 PM
    it was a work phone and idt he knew how to use it yet
    So, pilot error then? :-)
    06-12-13 10:01 PM
    I hate watching hockey and cracking a fresh beer when I have a feeling that OT is going to last all of 98 seconds.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 10:04 PM
    Man, where are all the posts tonight? All you Canadians watching hockey or sum'n?
    Yup. Watching two American teams in the Stanley Cup final series. :-)
    06-12-13 10:04 PM
    Just saw a new commercial during the hockey game from Verizon that pushed the Q10 for small business.

BOOO YAAAAA

PS: About 10 minutes ago.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    06-12-13 10:05 PM
    Post that again tomorrow at lunch time. I am to drunk now to read it.
    06-12-13 10:09 PM
    Speaking of which, I love this z10!

Just side loaded instagram. What other OS let's you load up software that wasn't even made for it?!? And it runs very well!

I picked up a Q10 for my GF as she was missing her keyboard something fierce and she's absolutely in love with it.

Posted via CB10
    Ya know if you read the threads on this Forum you would think that the Z10 and the Q10 were the worst things since the Pinto or Vega.

Seriously, the forum has been over run with haters it seems.

But, we know better. :-)

The haters are very, very concerned about BB10. In fact they are scared. :-)
    06-12-13 10:09 PM
    Ya know if you read the threads on this Forum you would think that the Z10 and the Q10 were the worst things since the Pinto or Vega.

Seriously, the forum has been over run with haters it seems.

But, we know better. :-)

The haters are very, very concerned about BB10. In fact they are scared. :-)
    I told you we'd be attracting more and more people, of which a few will be here to disrupt. But, I'll take that knowing this thread has become an awesome asset for the beginner to advanced investor. Some however are not bad people, they just haven't learned forum etiquette yet. We can help them out though.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 10:15 PM
    Well I haven't seen BlackBerry on the REG SHO list. So I think all the brokers are behaving. Let's hope the exchanges smarten up after this news yesterday

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100806985