View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.60%
  • No

414 37.40%
    Except it would be extremely illegal and a breach of their fiduciary duty to us shareholders. Intentionally suppressing good news would be unfathomable to a corporate executive. Bad enough their PR department seems to be out to lunch most days. Not to be Debbie Downer here, but let's face it, the shorts and bears have us all exactly where they hoped to be. They have absorbed the Q10, Z10, BB Live and last ER very well. Even if we get a great ER we may jump 10%, all the way back up to $15. Then what....The lack of news and PR out of BBRY has allowed this. I am willing and am waiting this out, but trying to spin it any other way seems unrealistic to me, the shareholders are on the receiving end here, playing defense. Hopefully the ER is blowout and we get some ammo to go higher, but if we don't I will take my losses and run as I can't see any other good news for the next few quarters that could possibly help and my odds for a BBRY recovery and any short squeeze would go well below 50%.
    They've got us by the steel balls...
    OMGitworks and Kid Vibe like this.
    06-12-13 03:04 PM
    Only 4 of my 13 stocks are green today. :-(
    Wow you're doing well! I've got one in the green.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 03:05 PM
    Haven't we had some heavy call buying lately also? Maybe ATL behind that too, I'm dreaming of a Volkswagen event coming. Strange though that this 44 million position isn't on the news.
    If anyone bought shares between April and now you must feel comfortable knowing an institution bought 500 million dollars worth.

Posted via CB10
    take99, bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    Rob Orr news worries me.

Posted via CB10
    Your not going to need to wait a week. June 28 will be price adjustment date based on efficient market theory.
    That would be great. Would be nice to see it adjusted higher, but I doubt that will happen. Just a few more weeks until we find out.
    06-12-13 03:06 PM
    It is tough to look at the stock today. If the pattern based on the last 2 cycles repeats, then tomorrow is green day with a close probably around $13.80. I don't have much to say anymore. So far, we are being dragged along in the cycles, until June 28. If you are certain that this will hit $18 - $20, then that's all you need to uphold to take the beating from the shorts.

There is much less volume today, than yesterday--the lowest in the past 30 days.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2013-06-12-4.05.17-pm.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2013-06-12-4.06.28-pm.png
    06-12-13 03:07 PM
    You guys really need to at least consider the fact that this ER might not be a squeeze catalyst. In fact, there's still a very good possibility that a squeeze might never occur, instead an orderly short exit over a course of months.

Nobody is willingly gonna hand over $2.5B.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    agreed, actually if you check the rankings of shorts in Toronto other stock show worse shorting, of course on Nasdaq there are a lot of shorts, but still it could be worse in Toronto
    06-12-13 03:17 PM
    No doubt who make better analyst. This thread trumps all. Wonder if management has deliberately not helped SP so the $500 mil investment could be done @ $14ish and not $15-16ish. That's a big difference when dealing with such heavy hitters. To be a fly on the wall on the inside....
    We'ed probably be the flies in the outhouse. LoL
    06-12-13 03:33 PM
    Your welcome. Still reliving game 7 here in MA. Sorry....
    No need to be sorry. Just a game . . . . . . and an epic choke. LoL
    06-12-13 03:42 PM
    Maybe I'm nave, but usually we serfs are the last to hear these rumours, and then once they are out they spread like wildfire. WTH is goin on? Haven't seen a thing from any kind of 'news' outlet.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-12-13 03:43 PM
    Could the 8.4% stake be an Icahn stealth mode attack? Set up another investment company, have the Spanish bank do the buying for him.

Buying started April 1.

Q1 13F for purchases made before March 31 was due in May. Q2 13F not due until August. Not that I know anything about these filings...but it's double sneaky to start accuring starting April 1...and accruing that much.
    Shanerredflag, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-12-13 03:47 PM
    I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet, I've been busy so i haven't been reading the thread.

I received my shareholder documents about voting today, but the website they offer that should have the materials available electronically doesn't seem to be valid.

Anyone else notice this problem?
    06-12-13 03:48 PM
    I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet, I've been busy so i haven't been reading the thread.

I received my shareholder documents about voting today, but the website they offer that should have the materials available electronically doesn't seem to be valid.

Anyone else notice this problem?
    This one?

www.envisionreports.com/BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:50 PM
    This one?

www.envisionreports.com/BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Dammit.

I typed that in 3 times and it didn't work.
    06-12-13 03:51 PM
    If the ATL 12 thing would end up being correct I belive the squeeze will happen very soon, that would be huge news, just don't understand how the market (shorts) have missed it today. If ATL 12 also have been buying call options they could be controlling an even bigger stake, kind of like Porsche did
    bungaboy, leafs123, take99 and 3 others like this.
    06-12-13 03:54 PM
    Tornado warning here in Edmonton...hailing like crazy....he haw.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-13 03:54 PM
    I'm sure the markets didn't miss it. They are well aware. If you think we have a vested interest in the SP the shorts are 100x more attentive.

If the ATL 12 thing would end up being correct I belive the squeeze will happen very soon, that would be huge news, just don't understand how the market (shorts) have missed it today. If ATL 12 also have been buying call options they could be controlling an even bigger stake, kind of like Porsche did
    06-12-13 03:56 PM
    At this point heading into the ER, it's really playing the waiting game. We can all guess and theorize but this thing can go in so many directions. Let's hope we all get rewarded in the end.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 04:02 PM
    Better late than never, here is a chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-rim-june-12a-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, the Bollinger Bands are leveling out now. They are also getting narrower and will continue to do so as the big swings are behind us on the 22-day average now. There is a case for arguing that we are forming more of a short-term channel (last 3 months) moving sideways here. The trading range is approx. $ 13.50/shr to $ 16.50/shr and we are at support today. I won't call it a channel just yet because we haven't dropped to previous lows. All of this drifting, is to bide our time until the company releases some news.

We held up rather well today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-rim-june-12-2013-chart.jpg

If we had broken down from the pennant, we would see a sizeable drop in the price of the stock, on huge volume. We have none of that but we aren't able to break out of the green downtrend line without some news. Every day now we rally to it and then back off for the balance of the day. The volume is dead here meaning that no one is prepared to force the stock in one, dominate direction. Unfortunately, we are the victims of a lack of news from our company and a market that is selling off lately. But, the stock seems to want to hang around here until news arrives. All of us know this stock could take off like a rocket if the company would provide the details, its coming, but we might be trading sideways for a few more days.
    06-12-13 04:02 PM
    Voted.

Only one more month with r!mjob jokes.

WB, btw Morgan.
    06-12-13 04:05 PM
    a little bit more info

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.jpg
    06-12-13 04:07 PM
    Seems like BBRY is looking to do sponsored content on BBM Channels such as sponsored BBM invites. Their beta channel had a survey online which I just did.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 04:09 PM
    ATL stake is at Etrade also:

"Etrade Also Reporting ATL Stake in BBRY
    It's the real deal.........it's not just CNBC reporting

Name Shares Held Position Value % of Total
    Holdings Outstanding
    Shares Owned Investment Style
    ATL 12 Capital Gestin SGIIC, ... 44.2 M $525.8 M 11.24 7.40%"
    06-12-13 04:12 PM
    a little bit more info

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	764 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	171339
    That 44 million purchase is likely to have grown to that of Prem Watsa's holding at 9.9%. There is little reason why they wouldn't buy the maximum number of shares without having to declare their intentions. Maybe something interesting is happening here. The bigger question is how did they find 44 million shares and what would the stock price be if they didn't take that stock out of the market? The shorts would love to see those shares in the free float. Very interesting indeed!
    06-12-13 04:15 PM
    I haven't felt this good about BBRY in weeks, am I missing something that this is anything but great news?
    06-12-13 04:20 PM
106,456 ... 12581259126012611262 ...