View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    It really doesn't matter what they try to do. If they are late to market then they get blasted for delays, now they are early instead of it being seen as a positive for trying to cover all markets people are asking why. Management is right to play cards to chest. The numbers will speak for themselves. There was a time not so long ago we would have been glad if they put one device out to the market.

I'm not debating that they could use a mid-tier (even low tier) in many markets; I'm questioning the reason they seem to be compressing the schedule to release the Q5 sooner than they indicated 3 months ago. Usually BB are late with releases if anything, not early, which speaks to me even more.
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 01:42 PM
    Hmmmm...what say you SuperFly_FR, is this something to be concerned with?

App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah....
    Tuesday, June 11, 1:24 PM ET
    App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah. Whereas the touch-only Z10 has a display with a 1.67:1 aspect ratio (1280x768 resolution), the QWERTY-sporting Q10's display has a 1:1 ratio (720x720 resolution). That means developers, many of whom are already inclined to write for iOS and Android before BB10, have to "specially tweak" apps originally written for the Z10 to work with the Q10 (and soon the Q5). Thorsten Heins declared last month there are 120K BB10 apps available, up from 70K in January.
    Really? 2 whole resolutions? This is fragmentation? C'mon... what about Android? Certainly hasn't affected that platform and their are 3 different versions of the OS in mass use too.
    06-11-13 01:45 PM
    slightly off topic...
    I could swear that I had turned off my WiFi radio this morning, and when I walked into a coffee shop today at lunch where I had used the free WiFi before, my Z10 turned it on for me. Was I dreaming and had just left it on, or is this an automatic wifi detection thing, or was it a georeferenced location that my Z10 remembered??? Anybody else notice this phenomenon?
    You prob had it on but that's definitely something BBRY has talked about. The phone adapting to you, location, etc.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 01:58 PM
    One of my ten stocks is in the green on the day !
    06-11-13 02:01 PM
    One of my ten stocks is in the green on the day !
    it does not help the TV is showing dramatic tear gas non sense from Turkey non stop
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 02:03 PM
    Hmmmm...what say you SuperFly_FR, is this something to be concerned with?

App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah....
    Tuesday, June 11, 1:24 PM ET
    App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah. Whereas the touch-only Z10 has a display with a 1.67:1 aspect ratio (1280x768 resolution), the QWERTY-sporting Q10's display has a 1:1 ratio (720x720 resolution). That means developers, many of whom are already inclined to write for iOS and Android before BB10, have to "specially tweak" apps originally written for the Z10 to work with the Q10 (and soon the Q5). Thorsten Heins declared last month there are 120K BB10 apps available, up from 70K in January.
    Well, in short : not really if devs have done their work properly.
    The only problem we'll face (and it has been announced months ago, prior the Z10 launch) is the 1280X720 resolution for next Z10-like devices (current is 1280X768).
    It's a concern for games or "high graphics apps", notably. But we are waaay better than android fragmentation, for sure.
    We'll have only two aspects ratio (16:9 and 1:1) and that's a fair deal IMHO ... even far better than previous fragmentation on legacy BB devices

Everything is detailed here : http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...n-resolutions/
    06-11-13 02:07 PM
    Ya the resolutions thing is horse****.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 02:10 PM
    It really doesn't matter what they try to do. If they are late to market then they get blasted for delays, now they are early instead of it being seen as a positive for trying to cover all markets people are asking why. Management is right to play cards to chest. The numbers will speak for themselves. There was a time not so long ago we would have been glad if they put one device out to the market.
    Maybe an excessive caution with forecast delays ?
    Let's be positive and read it as "better than expected", for once ?
    06-11-13 02:14 PM
    Well, in short : not really if devs have done their work properly.
    The only problem we'll face (and it has been announced months ago, prior the Z10 launch) is the 1280X720 resolution for next Z10-like devices (current is 1280X768).
    It's a concern for games or "high graphics apps", notably. But we are waaay better than android fragmentation, for sure.
    We'll have only two aspects ratio (16:9 and 1:1) and that's a fair deal IMHO ... even far better than previous fragmentation on legacy BB devices

Everything is detailed here : http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...n-resolutions/
    Thank you sir.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 02:20 PM
    Thank you sir.

Posted via CB10
    Very welcome
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 02:27 PM
    so, whats the reason for the decline today guys?
    06-11-13 02:29 PM
    Very true. I have yet to find any data point that shorts cannot twist around, fun exercise actually...

Let's Play REACT LIKE A SHORT:

Low production volume - They are not confident in their product!
    High production volume - They are over-producing and the phones are just sitting on the shelves! Or they are ordering extra parts to fix all the manufacturing defects!

High decrease in subscriber numbers - RIM is in free fall!
    Low/No decrease in subscriber numbers - Users of BB7 are not upgrading!

Low migration of users from other platforms - Nobody wants BB10!
    High migration of users from other platforms - Not even existing BB users want BB10!

Sold out in stores - Staged! Publicity stunt!
    No/Low inventory in stores - Stores didn't order that many because they know BB10 won't sell!
    High inventory in stores - No one is buying!

Stores have no BB display - BB is doing a horrible job at marketing!
    Stores have great BB display - BB is burning through cash trying to out-market iPhone and Android!

Buy-out rumours - RIM can't stand on its own feet!
    No buyout rumours - Nobody wants this crappy company!

Trading below book value - This company is not worth the paper the shares are printed on!
    Trading above book value - This company is over priced!

No line ups in stores before launch - No lineups! This thing is DOA!
    Line ups in stores before launch - Limited store release to create hype and artificial demand! Fake!

Phone price at $199- No one is going to buy this at that price! They can buy iPhone and Android instead!
    Phone price at $49 - RIM knows their phones don't compete with iPhone and Android! Too much supply, no demand!

RIM's chance of doing well - Apple and Google are 100x+ the size, they stand no chance!
    When RIM is doing well relative to its size - Why aren't they selling as many phones as Apple and Google!

Thorsten keeping quiet - Why is Thorsten keeping quiet? Sales must be horrible!
    Thorsten speaking - Every time he speaks he lowers the stock price! He should just keep quiet!

Keeping BBM to BB-only - They are taking BBM to their graves with them!
    Opening BBM to all platforms - They are giving away their only good feature! No reason to buy a BB anymore!

Z10 release - Where's the keyboard!? Isn't that what RIM is known for!?
    Q10 release - Who wants a keyboard? Everyone is using touch screen now!

When Samsung Knox and iOS gets DOD security cert - BB is no longer king of security! It is over for them!
    When BB10 gets DOD security cert - No one cares!

A company's BBM gets compromised due to bad handling of encryption keys (no fault of RIM) - RIM's security is faulty!
    iOS hacked by a special USB cable - No biggie, you have to physically access to the device to hack it! Next update will fix it!

BB not jailbreak-able - Such a backwards closed system that doesn't let users do what they want!
    If BB gets jailbroken - RIM IS DOOOOMMMED!!!

Lack of firmware updates - Why doesn't RIM get off their *** and fix problems for their users!?
    10.1 and 10.2 too updates - So many updates to fix a broken product! They should not have released it if it wasn't ready!

Hiring Alicia Keys - RIM jumped the shark!
    (Eventual) Firing Alicia Keys - RIM can't afford to keep her!

Bonus:
    Crackberry Forums - Group of delusional people
    Yahoo BBRY msg board - Universal source of truth

See, fun isn't it? =p
    06-11-13 02:31 PM
    slightly off topic...
    I could swear that I had turned off my WiFi radio this morning, and when I walked into a coffee shop today at lunch where I had used the free WiFi before, my Z10 turned it on for me. Was I dreaming and had just left it on, or is this an automatic wifi detection thing, or was it a georeferenced location that my Z10 remembered??? Anybody else notice this phenomenon?
    I've seen that with other devices as well. That's why the DoD buys it's laptops with no wifi built-in. You can turn it off, but when it detects wifi waves it starts waiving it's arms yelling"here I am, look at me"!!
    06-11-13 02:31 PM
    Cjc did tphedgetraders ever respond to you?
    06-11-13 02:33 PM
    No buyers today, low volume, no news, shorts will just drive it down
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-11-13 02:36 PM
    Holy cow, we're dipping deep today...
    06-11-13 02:36 PM
    Almost everything is down.

In the 20-ish stocks I watch regularly, BB is only just barely the worst one... which I don't find surprising in the least because on a given day it's almost always the worst, or the best.

There's no middle ground with this stock.
    06-11-13 02:39 PM
    I think we're cycling through a bear flag. I'm just hoping that we don't also get a bear raid on top of this.

If you never got in cheap before now, get in now!
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 06-11-13 at 02:58 PM.
    06-11-13 02:40 PM
    Luckily only 12 more trading days until the ER. Good or bad, we'll at least know more at that time.
    06-11-13 03:00 PM
    Cjc did tphedgetraders ever respond to you?
    No man... totally forgot about that too. lol I bet that account has had a fair number of DM's over the last little while.
    06-11-13 03:01 PM
    Well we finally got a bit of action there. I was worried that once we dropped below 70 it was going to be a rough, stomach turning, ride.
    06-11-13 03:02 PM
    I just bought more.

Kindly move up now.
    06-11-13 03:04 PM
    It is always the shorts!

I also marking Turkey off my vacation list!
    06-11-13 03:04 PM
    I just bought more.

Kindly move up now.
    LMAO.... you are seriously one odd duck!!!
    06-11-13 03:05 PM
    LMAO.... you are seriously one odd duck!!!
    LOL...I bought more at $13.68. Sick of waiting for another raid. I'm done now.

Actually bought a bunch of stocks today. Lots of bargains. Just hoping they move up.
    06-11-13 03:08 PM
107,414 ... 12441245124612471248 ...