View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Also are the CB servers updating to iOS 7? The site is running slow to me and wait times are long at times.

Or is it just me?
    Not just you. I'd thought it was other sites too though, so I figured it was some new DOS attack or other core net problem. Maybe it's just CB... sometimes I don't pay enough attention to notice. Edit: confirmed that it's just CrackBerry... other sites are lickety-split for me right now, and CB is consistently slow.
    Last edited by peter9477; 06-11-13 at 10:00 AM.
    06-11-13 09:43 AM
    Not just you. I'd thought it was other sites too though, so I figured it was some new DOS attack or other core net problem. Maybe it's just CB... sometimes I don't pay enough attention to notice.
    It's terribly slow on my end as well.
    06-11-13 09:51 AM
    The big question to me is why does it seem they are pushing Q5 out sooner than TH said on the last ER CC (sept). Either Zs and especially the Q is selling so well that they don't need to hold it back and force people to buy the Z/Q if they really are die hard and numbers will still be good; or EM is losing subs faster than they thought they would and they need to stem the bleeding.
    Look at the price of the q10 and z10 (page 2 and 3). They could use a mid-tier phone in some markets.

T�l�phone portable, Toutes les offres : Tous les mobiles SFR
    06-11-13 09:55 AM
    My portfolio for this morning says the world is ending....but I can't seem to find the news anywhere..

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:02 AM
    Seems like mass migration from nasdaq to tse if u compare volumes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-11-13 10:03 AM
    I just remembered...

Short interest today @ 4:10 pm! Wohoo!

06-11-13 10:18 AM
    I'm expecting a massive increase. Personally I'm waiting till end of June to see Institutional Ownership update. I think it'll be updated around that time.

I just remembered...

Short interest today @ 4:10 pm! Wohoo!

06-11-13 10:19 AM
    Can somebody provide a link to the TSE or whatever site you all are using besides NASDAQ?
    06-11-13 10:23 AM
    I'm expecting a massive increase. Personally I'm waiting till end of June to see Institutional Ownership update. I think it'll be updated around that time.
    Yes, I guessed earlier that it would be 176 M, and I'm sticking with that guess. Unfortunately I would not be surprised to see a drop in institutional ownership.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 10:25 AM
    In the past when volatility dropped wasn't it just before a breakout? Volatility massively down today? Good sign?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 10:36 AM
    Can somebody provide a link to the TSE or whatever site you all are using besides NASDAQ?
    finance.google.com

then just look for BB:TSE

btw its 15 mins delay for TSE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-11-13 10:37 AM
    What makes this quiet period's silence so deafening for me, personally, is that--as enthusiastic as I feel about BBRY and its latest products--I understand why people (especially people unfamiliar with BB's recent innovations and vision) are so skeptical. The skeptics and shorts have some undeniable concerns yet enthusiasts like me have legitimate reasons to feel confident about BB's future and believe in its comeback potential. Yet investors with "weak hands" might just panic-sell some shares leading up to earnings, especially if the chatter on such networks as CNBC remains pessimistic about BBRY as the 28th approaches. This could cause a drop in the stock price leading up to a positive earnings report.

Here is a chart of Netflix (NFLX)--I have encircled the dates of the last three earnings reports and I have placed arrows showing how there was a downtrend in the stock price until the earnings report was published:

Attachment 170727

In all three cases, the stock price downtrended leading up to a positive earnings report, then turned positive. In the last two earnings reports--both obviously very good--the stock experienced a dramatic and immediate percentage gain.

I'm not saying this will happen to BBRY yet I believe that BBRY just needs to beat the whisper numbers in order to frighten at least SOME of the shorts enough that they will feel compelled to cover--and that's the kind of activity that could initiate the squeeze we're all anticipating will one day happen. In might not happen at this ER--we might need to wait until the next one or the one after that. It all depends on how good the ER numbers turn out to be and what kind of guidance BBRY provide for the upcoming quarter.

The point of this post is simply to give an example that demonstrates that downtrends before earnings do not necessarily forebode a post-earnings price drop. And that's something that could provide some relief to investors in this forum who are convinced in BB's future but are a bit worried about the recent price action.
    I'm on the fence. The less it goes up before earnings, the less of a drop if the shorts have something to grasp on June 28th. BUT ....with a big surprise earnings the stock could pop big time, maybe even into the 18-21 range from $15. I'm guessing $15.90 June 27th.

So sources say the Lenovo talks with a smartphone company are with NEC not BB, I wonder if it could be a 3 way partnership....
    06-11-13 10:54 AM
    I know... hope the fellow is accurate too. , should be taken with a grain of salt though, as many have pointed out in the past.

Posted via CB10
    Are those metrics used to calculate the 6% increase just web page views by OS?

If so....people on BB10 will be browsing much much more than BB7, especially playing with their new Z and Q devices. If that was the case I'd expect a 20% increase
    06-11-13 10:56 AM
    Look at the price of the q10 and z10 (page 2 and 3). They could use a mid-tier phone in some markets.

T�l�phone portable, Toutes les offres : Tous les mobiles SFR
    I'm not debating that they could use a mid-tier (even low tier) in many markets; I'm questioning the reason they seem to be compressing the schedule to release the Q5 sooner than they indicated 3 months ago. Usually BB are late with releases if anything, not early, which speaks to me even more.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-11-13 11:00 AM
    I'm on the fence. The less it goes up before earnings, the less of a drop if the shorts have something to grasp on June 28th. BUT ....with a big surprise earnings the stock could pop big time, maybe even into the 18-21 range from $15. I'm guessing $15.90 June 27th.

So sources say the Lenovo talks with a smartphone company are with NEC not BB, I wonder if it could be a 3 way partnership....
    I've said this before, and will continue to say it, NEC makes hardware - not software. You need both to have a smartphone. Google is all over China and the US with Samsung and others... Lenovo wouldn't go Android on this venture.
    06-11-13 11:02 AM
    Low volume. Charlie Sheen has slept with more chicks than the number of shares traded so far.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-11-13 11:16 AM
    Low volume. Charlie Sheen has slept with more chicks than the number of shares traded so far.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Now that was funny! I'm wondering if folks are stepping back and re-analyzing before buying more due to the upcoming ER???
    06-11-13 11:24 AM
    06-11-13 11:25 AM

Oooh, a 3 way. It's gonna be my first !

Lots to negotiate, could explain the prolonged silence from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-11-13 11:39 AM
    Now that was funny! I'm wondering if folks are stepping back and re-analyzing before buying more due to the upcoming ER???
    I believe that for many people, they see investing in BBRY as not much better than flipping a coin. The BS machines have done their jobs well. Especially lately with the Windows Phone BS. To add to this, our lone drummer's article was mediocre, at best, and there has been virtually nothing from the company to help shine a positive light of promise.

It'd be a great time for good old Mikey Collins to rosin up that bow and play his fiddle hard!!
    06-11-13 11:45 AM
    Well even with the low volume, it seems support is still there..... so far.
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 12:04 PM
    I believe that for many people, they see investing in BBRY as not much better than flipping a coin. The BS machines have done their jobs well. Especially lately with the Windows Phone BS. To add to this, our lone drummer's article was mediocre, at best, and there has been virtually nothing from the company to help shine a positive light of promise.

It'd be a great time for good old Mikey Collins to rosin up that bow and play his fiddle hard!!

We want our fiddle made of GOLD!
    06-11-13 12:06 PM
    Hmmmm...what say you SuperFly_FR, is this something to be concerned with?

App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah....
    Tuesday, June 11, 1:24 PM ET
    App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah. Whereas the touch-only Z10 has a display with a 1.67:1 aspect ratio (1280x768 resolution), the QWERTY-sporting Q10's display has a 1:1 ratio (720x720 resolution). That means developers, many of whom are already inclined to write for iOS and Android before BB10, have to "specially tweak" apps originally written for the Z10 to work with the Q10 (and soon the Q5). Thorsten Heins declared last month there are 120K BB10 apps available, up from 70K in January.
    06-11-13 12:32 PM
    Hmmmm...what say you SuperFly_FR, is this something to be concerned with?

App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah....
    Tuesday, June 11, 1:24 PM ET
    App fragmentation could be a problem for BB10 (BBRY -1.4%), warns Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah. Whereas the touch-only Z10 has a display with a 1.67:1 aspect ratio (1280x768 resolution), the QWERTY-sporting Q10's display has a 1:1 ratio (720x720 resolution). That means developers, many of whom are already inclined to write for iOS and Android before BB10, have to "specially tweak" apps originally written for the Z10 to work with the Q10 (and soon the Q5). Thorsten Heins declared last month there are 120K BB10 apps available, up from 70K in January.
    We knew about this before Q10 was even released. It's just another seed of doubt. I'm thinking a raid will come soon. My hope is not. Another dollar down would be 7% less.

Best hope for us right now is to get a profit warning from BlackBerry.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-11-13 12:35 PM
    slightly off topic...
    I could swear that I had turned off my WiFi radio this morning, and when I walked into a coffee shop today at lunch where I had used the free WiFi before, my Z10 turned it on for me. Was I dreaming and had just left it on, or is this an automatic wifi detection thing, or was it a georeferenced location that my Z10 remembered??? Anybody else notice this phenomenon?
    06-11-13 12:39 PM
113,256 ... 12431244124512461247 ...