View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What a lot of people need to keep in mind is that the stock price movement, or lack thereof, is not indicative of how BB is doing right now. Lol
    We are watching a line moving up and down going across our screens.

The SP matches the fundamentals eventually. Keep this in mind, even if BB sells only 2 million BB10 for the whole quarter, that will still beat almost all of the analysts’ projections. We all bought this stock with our eyes wide open. I mean, you had to think that the analysts were wrong so it kind of amuses me when you all get your panties in a bunch from what some analyst is saying.

We are easily going to beat the streets expectations of revenue this Q. Easily.
    They will be forced to raise projections and the SP will go up even if for no other reason than the plurality of the analysts reports are so laughably small.

I think the real good news for the SP happens when we start to get some larger companies incorporating BES and BB10 and if Q5 really takes off in India.

Cheers all – have a great weekend and dig out those panties.
    Bilaal, La Emperor, lcjr and 9 others like this.
    06-07-13 01:51 PM
    Looks like we're fading fast this afternoon.

Greg, you made a wise decision to unload this morning.
    I will reload another day.

Have a good weekend
    lcjr likes this.
    06-07-13 01:53 PM
    Misek got his article out early...too early I think. the other short dogs haven't had their kick at the can yet. I suspect that could be Monday.

I sure hope that Thor makes a pre - earnings announcement about a profit coming.
    Nothing has changed. Nothing I didn't expect. You guys get awful cranking over a report you haven't fully internalized.

They do not give guidance any longer in between reports and they are in their quiet period. They will say nothing.

If this next report is better than the streets earnings do you really want Thor leaking that out bit by bit or hire them with better tha expected hard numbers.

I want the later. We are so close to more clarity why panic now? We are just where we want to be.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 01:54 PM
    they will not repeat the mistake of the playbook with inventory, I don't even entertain the thought as it would be suicidal. Why do you only post here on negative days??
    If production is 2m-2m+ since february and sales are 4m, the inventory is 4m+. A unit cost of $250, you have $1b in BB10.
    The cost of production for a bigger volumen is lower, if they can sell it in Q2 is a good move, but a lot of risk that will impact the stock price.
    06-07-13 01:56 PM
    The trouble right now is that the volume has fallen off and we have three weeks until earnings. Perhaps I'll reduce my position further until we show signs of life. We're flat lined right now and despite being oversold I'd say we're going down more yet.
    06-07-13 01:57 PM
    Well, I'm out for a while. Negativity begets negativity and I'm starting to feel negative. Not on the future of this stock, but just in general.
    We all get negative sooner or later watching BBRY. I found just a little "rest" and I am ready to go again. Got to remember that there are all "flavors" of people posting here.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    .....you guys know we're up nearly 1% right now?....

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    Estimates are useless if BlackBerry receives massive purchase orders.
    06-07-13 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    And we have people whining, lol. Bi polar bunch.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 01:59 PM
    Easy way to feel better buy more stocks at this price. This week I only owned stock at 18+ LOL so I was down. Then I got in at 13.88 and I feel refreshed. Im thinking to get more but ill probably wait it out. If you keep buying at lower when it goes higher it will feel nice
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 01:59 PM
    I'm with LC on this one. My timeline is a bit longer than his (barring any personal catastrophies) so I don't need to decide this year. I think some of us (myself included some days) need to stop looking at the chart so frequently, and with such high hopes. Although $12 is technically possible, I'm not to worried we are going back down there. Will this $13-$16 indecision last throughout the summer? - yes it could. Will it still be at this level next winter, highly unlikely. So for those of us who are truly loooong it might be healthy to spend less time following the daily saga of BBRY and make it more of a weekly checkup. That is my belated new-year's resolution.

For those of you who are day- or swing-trading BBRY I wish you the best, but I have to pull back and look at the big picture a little more, and enjoy my summer.
    06-07-13 02:01 PM
    If production is 2m-2m+ since february and sales are 4m, the inventory is 4m+. A unit cost of $250, you have $1b in BB10.
    The cost of production for a bigger volumen is lower, if they can sell it in Q2 is a good move, but a lot of risk that will impact the stock price.
    Accounting and real time are two different things. There is usually a considerable delay. They could have already sold all of that inventory but at the end of the quarter they will not show that, Eg us Q10 launch will most likely still be showing on their books as inventory, but will have been shifted to carriers and subsequently sold.

Hence no real risk only on the books. Read between the lines.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, BBInPlay and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 02:03 PM
    Speaking of analysts and reports, Chris U provides a great explanation. Worth the read on the homepage.
    06-07-13 02:07 PM
    Is it really trolling to be invested in the stock and instead of continously calling rallies that never come to speak to what the stock is actually doing?

The upward trend that we have been watching for 6 months has snapped. It's GD back has been broken. That's the fact. What's much worst right now is that we're trading on no news and now virtually no volume. That equation never spells good news.

Or perhaps, to prevent being called a troll, I should just keep pretending that the next rally is going to take us to $16 and then onto $22, and then when the ER comes we're going to the moon.
    06-07-13 02:15 PM
    Exactly. I'm heavily invested in BBRY (6 figures) but this non-action makes me believe that my money would be better vested elsewhere (Canadian mining stocks are showing sings of life again) until BBRY finally starts taking their investors seriously.

Is it really trolling to be invested in the stock and instead of continously calling rallies that never come to speak to what the stock is actually doing?

The upward trend that we have been watching for 6 months has snapped. It's GD back has been broken. That's the fact. What's much worst right now is that we're trading on no news and now virtually no volume. That equation never spells good news.

Or perhaps, to prevent being called a troll, I should just keep pretending that the next rally is going to take us to $16 and then onto $22, and then when the ER comes we're going to the moon.
    La Emperor and m0de25 like this.
    06-07-13 02:18 PM
    Actually I think that posters whose only posts are to call other people trolls and never contribute much else maybe the pot calling the kettle black.....
    06-07-13 02:18 PM
    I'm with LC on this one. My timeline is a bit longer than his (barring any personal catastrophies) so I don't need to decide this year. I think some of us (myself included some days) need to stop looking at the chart so frequently, and with such high hopes. Although $12 is technically possible, I'm not to worried we are going back down there. Will this $13-$16 indecision last throughout the summer? - yes it could. Will it still be at this level next winter, highly unlikely. So for those of us who are truly loooong it might be healthy to spend less time following the daily saga of BBRY and make it more of a weekly checkup. That is my belated new-year's resolution.

For those of you who are day- or swing-trading BBRY I wish you the best, but I have to pull back and look at the big picture a little more, and enjoy my summer.

Yeah, I've just reduced my position a little more. I think I may have had more in than I was comfortable seeing sit dormant for so long. Especially pulling money from some of my core positions.

Always learning in this game.
    lcjr and matthewriedle like this.
    06-07-13 02:25 PM
    Misek is hedging his bets. 3+ million. Don’t forget the +. No other analyst is saying more than 3 million a Q.
    I think they will do about 5 million BB10 devices for the Q.
    National Bank Financial: 4M BB10, 4M BB7, $10 Target. My eyes popped when I saw the target.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/05/res...igh-hopes-nbf/
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-07-13 02:28 PM
    National Bank Financial: 4M BB10, 4M BB7, $10 Target. My eyes popped when I saw the target.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/05/res...igh-hopes-nbf/
    $10...that's absurd.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 02:33 PM
    boy oh boy, while BB is holding up well today some posters here are falling apart, i don't get that. why would you let an analyst or the latest tiniest share price move determine your opinion on BB?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 02:36 PM
    boy oh boy, while BB is holding up well today some posters here are falling apart, i don't get that. why would you let an analyst or the latest tiniest share price move determine your opinion on BB?
    Speaking only for myself, I would guess that watching this stock do crazy things with large amounts of your money over time just takes it's toll. Sure, you can look at all the new things BB is coming out with, but this was at $18 not long ago and here we sit at $13.82 today. I'm ok, but others have far more at risk than myself. So, please go easy on people right now, they're just getting burned out a bit or need a rest.
    06-07-13 02:40 PM
    listen, nobody is saying the turnaround isn't working, it's just that if what a bull analyst is saying comes true, (3mill + bb10's with bb7 decelerating faster than expected, lower sub numbers again) then this stock won't do much of anything on June 28. Yes I remain confident in the ultimate turnaround but right now my 50 grand is doing jack shat and so we do have to consider getting out and getting back in maybe before the September ER. I don't see any other catalysts that will be enough to move the stock against the shorts until then at this point.
    This whole lower sub thing that Misek is saying is "in line with guidance" - he says 6-9% sub loss would be 3-5M subs. Guidance for for single digit service revenue decline (and I believe low single digit was said). It's pre paid emerging market customers they claimed they were losing - which are low service revenue subs. If they are saying they will only lose single digit service revenues, and they know they are adding let's say 1.5M consumer BB10 non SR subs (I'm hoping 30% of the total 4.5M BB10 in the Q from other platforms), I'm praying they can report 76M subs flat Q/Q (2M BB7 sub loss, 2M BB10 sub gain). The subs number will be the only thing the shorts can clamour to. If they can sell 4M BB10 + 4M BB7 -sell through of BB7 last Q was 6M+ but shipped was 5M - they cleared out existing inventory so if they decline BB7 by 50% Q/Q we're still around 4M BB7 shipped. I think this 4 + 4 estimate will be pretty close, but I think another .5M on the BB10 side. If sub number is flat there is no short thesis except pent up demand will soon expire after a few Qs...but that is really stretching their case to the max. Problem I see is sub loss of 2M but still EPS $0.80-$1. How will the SP react?
    06-07-13 02:41 PM
    For those complaining about low volume, please understand that it is typical in pennant formations before a breakout:

"Pennants, which are similar to flags in terms of structure, have converging trendlines during their consolidation period and they last from one to three weeks. The volume at each period of the pennant is also important. The initial move must be met with large volume while the pennant should have weakening volume, followed by a large increase in volume during the breakout."

Pennant Definition | Investopedia
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 02:42 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    06-07-13 02:42 PM
    What was the number one rule of trading? Never let your... something... influence your trading?

I forget...
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-07-13 02:44 PM
113,250 ... 12221223122412251226 ...