View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    My google chart doesn't show we were in the red today.

Someone slowly adding to a position or small short covering? Weird how we were in the red for the last little while and now we are recovering.
    06-07-13 08:46 AM
    I have a bad feeling about this morning's price action...
    I have that pretty well every morning. LoL But I often get pleasantly surprised.
    06-07-13 08:47 AM
    Sometimes your instinct can be right. It is going to be a long day.

All I want to see at the close of play is the price above the 38% fib and above the lower line of the pennant formation. Means it will be green and the closer it is to the 14.20 level, the more confident I'll feel about next week.

Just a feeling. The Jeffries report wasn't all that positive and the PM price action didn't reflect it. No action today, just watching.
    06-07-13 08:50 AM
    What I liked about the Jeffries report was that it wasn't a fluff piece. It was honest (as honest as these folks can be I guess) and to the point. It also reiterated his price target which has not waivered.
    The reiteration of the SP is what worries me most.
    06-07-13 08:54 AM
    The problem with Z10 slowdown is that unlike Q10, the Z10 didn't boom at open due to pent up demand. So the opening sales would have been at the bottom of the bar and by now we'd expect to gain traction. A slowdown is definitely not good news as we'd expect sales of the Z10 to slowly start to accelerate. The Z10 continues to launch worldwide and the slowdown is concerning.

It's a different story with the Q10. There's A LOT of pent up demand so initial sales are expected to be really good and a slowdown is very much expected once the initial demand is satisfied.
    ItsTheBox and fedakd like this.
    06-07-13 08:54 AM
    The reiteration of the SP is what worries me most.
    Why is that?
    06-07-13 08:56 AM
    The problem with Z10 slowdown is that unlike Q10, the Z10 didn't boom at open due to pent up demand. So the opening sales would have been at the bottom of the bar and by now we'd expect to gain traction. A slowdown is definitely not good news as we'd expect sales of the Z10 to slowly start to accelerate. The Z10 continues to launch worldwide and the slowdown is concerning.

It's a different story with the Q10. There's A LOT of pent up demand so initial sales are expected to be really good and a slowdown is very much expected once the initial demand is satisfied.
    We will see another uptick in Z10 once companies start migrating to BES in my opinion.

A lot of the sales of the Z10 so far are consumer driven. When keeping in mind that traditionally, in developed countries at least, the corporate role rules BB I take it as good news. BES is going to be the real driver here and the Q5 on the consumer side in developing countries.
    06-07-13 08:57 AM

Fair enough but do you think his checks include the new launch countries or the main ones like Canada, UK, and US? All numbers and assumptions are made by making calls but one has to wonder how broad these calls extend.
    06-07-13 08:57 AM
    I have a bad feeling about this morning's price action...
    And I have a bad feeling about your intuition.

Seriously, it seems that we are heading gingerly upward and towards our major descending trendline that forms our long-established pennant. It will take some time. We're playing tug-of-war with shorts on a daily basis. And that reminds me of the immortal words of another famous BB:

06-07-13 08:58 AM
    Boom!! Asked for $14, got it! I should ask for more things now. Let's try $20.
    06-07-13 08:59 AM
    Also Jefferies didn't mention BES10 at all which is the whole reason he is bullish on bbry. That is concerning to me a bit. With 3m+ bb10 sales and bb7 decelerating faster than expected total sales could be only 6-7 mill. Couple that with a 3 mill sub loss and the shorts will have their way until sept.
    06-07-13 08:59 AM
    I'd rather be wrong to the upside than wrong to the downside. I'm still long but will sell some calls once they're in the green.
    06-07-13 09:00 AM
    well, it looks like some bulls have jumped aboard...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    So we either have a new player or someone is getting out of a portion of their short position. These are some pretty large spikes in volume and price.
    bungaboy likes this.
    I was hoping that the Z10 would catch on more and that sales would increase over time also. We'll get a better sense of what's going on when they release the numbers in 3 weeks.

06-07-13 09:01 AM
    We will see another uptick in Z10 once companies start migrating to BES in my opinion.

A lot of the sales of the Z10 so far are consumer driven. When keeping in mind that traditionally, in developed countries at least, the corporate role rules BB I take it as good news. BES is going to be the real driver here and the Q5 on the consumer side in developing countries.
    You also have to realise that I.T. in many large companies are sometimes slow to migrate to new systems. Where I work we just recently rolled out windows 7 for our desktops. Still caused many problems. Phones will be upgraded but they are also first doing their own internal evaluation. Then once completed they then have to target a certain financial quarter or year for capital budgets. Our 2014 capital budget requests are going in right now so even if they wanted to go to new phones and BES10 it won't be until the start of our 2014 financial year.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:05 AM
    Wait.... but I thought short was the trade?
    lcjr and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-07-13 09:06 AM
    The MACD has FINALLY started to turn up. Good enough for me!!
    06-07-13 09:08 AM
    Punching through 14.

More cowbell!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:09 AM
    soo nice to see this thing head past $14, now to $14.20 as our M8 has requested.
    06-07-13 09:16 AM
    10 minutes to the Dippity Doo? Shorts . . . . . hair? LoL

I have found the answer to controlling the Shorts!

psy fi and Bugmapper like this.
    06-07-13 09:17 AM
    With the NSA spying on everyones phone records and now accessing everyone's emails, photos, messages, from Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, carriers etc.....you would think someone in the media would say - hey Blackberry security and BES? Can the Feds get at that?????
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:18 AM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Showing its Personal Side - Insider Monkey
    Blog+fan of the month for BBRY (up close and personal)
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:19 AM
    It will be interesting to see how AAPL, GOOG and MSFT will react today after the story last night, and BBRY since they weren't mentioned in the report.
    Care to expand?

I don't know what this is in reference to.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:19 AM
    Care to expand?

I don't know what this is in reference to.

Posted via CB10
    The National Security Agency in the US basically collected info from people's phones from FB, Apple, Google, Skype, Microsoft, but no BlackBerry.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 09:23 AM
106,812 ... 12181219122012211222 ...