View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-07-13 07:39 AM
    Jefferies analyst Peter Misek weighed in on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Friday after his latest round of checks.

Misek noted globally, Z10 sales are slowing but Q10 is doing better than expected.

"Z10 has slowed in consumer markets but some businesses still evaluating," he notes. "Build plans increased likely due to Q5 and possibly from greater than expected global Q10 demand. We believe Street expectations for BB10 units in the May and Aug Q are ~3M and 3M+, respectively."

The analyst noted modest initial Q10 demand in the U.S. at T-Mobile with pockets of strength in certain geographies.

He sees BlackBerry beating Street estimates when they report quarter results on June 28, 2013. He notes: "We expect 3M+ BB10 units in the May Q, Street is ~3M. Street expects 3M+ for Aug Q, but we believe it may be materially higher. We believe BB7 sales decelerating more than expected; however, this will be EPS positive as BBRY loses money on each BB7 device according to our analysis. We believe sub losses will be in line with guidance (6% to 9% or 3M to 5M)."

The free BBM app for Android and iOS could strengthen ecosystem, Misek notes. "We see some possibility that BBRY could be a viable competitor to highly-valued WhatsApp," he said.

BlackBerry is also making moves to solidify its relevance as the 3rd ecosystem. "In our Feb survey, 63% of survey participants were unsure about who would be the 3rd ecosystem behind iOS and Android. In our current survey, 43% believe it is BBRY and 48% believe it is MSFT," he said.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.

Shares of BlackBerry closed at $13.71 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $12.55-$17.22.

Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
    *NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
    06-07-13 07:40 AM
    Most of the negative news for Apple and Samsung is directly related to the economy.

Blackberry can not escape this downturn either. Blackberry should get a huge boost if they can get the Corps to upgrade their employee's devices, after that it will be up to the individual buyer and his finances.
    It's a good thing corps have a record amount of cash on their BS to afford the upgrade of the long awaited mobile security solution.
    Real value

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:40 AM
    In the end what will Blackberry do with BB7 devices still running BIS.

If it is a money looser, I would think it must "go" sooner or later.
    06-07-13 07:43 AM
    Small market but great news......

“The Z10 exceeded all our expectations in terms of sales,” Mr McNabb said. “We had to go and order more from BlackBerry when we thought we’d set a pretty high initial forecast. It’s been our top selling smartphone for the last month and a half. It’s been hugely successful for us.”

Bermuda Sun: Great expectations for new Blackberry
    Dapper37, m0de25, snejpa and 4 others like this.
    06-07-13 07:44 AM
    sad if this is true..
    Slackberry | PandoDaily
    Yes...and its National Doughnut Day too...this is about as relevant.

Posted via CB10
    BThunderW and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 07:45 AM
    It's a good thing corps have a record amount of cash on their BS to afford the upgrade of the long awaited mobile security solution.
    Real value

Posted via CB10
    Not only have they got lots of money but many have WAITED for a long time and are really in need of upgrading!

Hearing that "many" companies are looking at and testing the new BB10 devices is a big positive!
    06-07-13 07:45 AM
    In the end what will Blackberry do with BB7 devices still running BIS.

If it is a money looser, I would think it must "go" sooner or later.
    they lose on the hardware only, right? so then there is no rush to cut the subscriptions short
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-07-13 07:46 AM
    Wow, volume is ramping up for BBRY this morning in premarkets.
    cjcampbell and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-07-13 07:49 AM
    Collective prayer / good vibes for M8...speedy recovery to our friend.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:50 AM
    Most of the negative news for Apple and Samsung is directly related to the economy.

Blackberry can not escape this downturn either. Blackberry should get a huge boost if they can get the Corps to upgrade their employee's devices, after that it will be up to the individual buyer and his finances.
    I do not agree with your assumption that Apples and Samsungs troubles are �due to the economy�. Apple and Samsung are merely coming back to earth as far as market expectations.
    Even homeless people get smart phones. People prioritize these things. The Smart phone market is expected to increase by 30% per year, worldwide. (!) If BB merely holds it�s current, very small, market share, it can expect a 30% uptick in sales. Blackberry is a lean, mean fighting machine. They can make significant EPS with a very, very small market share. These are the fundamentals.

The psychological stink is what is driving the SP on BBRY and BB.TO right now. This is through sharts expecting the company to die and the street generally expecting a slow, painful death. Street expectations of June 28th are unrealistically low due to a lagging stink on BB and BBRY.

The fundamentals, starting on June 28th, begin to drive the SP and gradually relegate the lagging psychological stink to the back seat.
    06-07-13 07:51 AM
    Wow, volume is ramping up for BBRY this morning in premarkets.
    And, for the time being, price seems to be holding well as well. Still half an hour left though so we shall see where we open.
    06-07-13 08:01 AM
    It'd be great to gap up above $13.90 at the opening.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 08:03 AM
    I have a bad feeling about this morning's price action...
    fedakd likes this.
    06-07-13 08:24 AM
    Why?

06-07-13 08:27 AM
    Why's that?
    06-07-13 08:27 AM
    aaaannnnddd....... we're off!!!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 08:30 AM
    Can someone link to a higher res version? My old eyes can't read much beyond the "50+". ;-)
    There you go; old fellow we are
    VerizonInsider Blackberry infographic - BlackBerry - BB

P.S: CRTL[+] is your old eyes best friend !
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 08:30 AM
    Hi BTW ... no rush PM though
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 08:32 AM
    I really want $14 today.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 08:36 AM
    Just a feeling. The Jeffries report wasn't all that positive and the PM price action didn't reflect it. No action today, just watching.
    06-07-13 08:36 AM
    Just a feeling. The Jeffries report wasn't all that positive and the PM price action didn't reflect it. No action today, just watching.
    I'll be happy just staying Green today and set us up for next week. Good morning everyone! Grab a donut today, as it's national donut day here. Those outside the US are more than welcome to join fat Friday. lol
    06-07-13 08:41 AM
    Someone slowly adding to a position or small short covering? Weird how we were in the red for the last little while and now we are recovering.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-13 08:42 AM
    What I liked about the Jeffries report was that it wasn't a fluff piece. It was honest (as honest as these folks can be I guess) and to the point. It also reiterated his price target which has not waivered.
    06-07-13 08:43 AM
    Wasn't the market expecting the Z10 sales to level off. Also, Jeffries said that the Q10 was selling better than expected.

bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-13 08:44 AM
113,256 ... 12171218121912201221 ...