View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Got home to a pleasant surprise in the mail. From Scotia iTrade.
    Now I can confirm that my shares have not been sold to the shorts.
    Received my Annual Shareholders Meeting notice along with voting instructions.
    Hmmmmm should I actually take a vacation day and go to the meeting? It's about an hour and a half drive.

Posted via CB10
    I would if it was that close and I had the opportunity. Just so I could see what goes on.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-06-13 05:25 PM
    Totally off topic does anybody own bldp Ballard power systems it's up 8 percent in the after market but it seems to be frozen it's up 8 percent on 1000 shares two trades as of 4:27 what's going on here
    06-06-13 05:30 PM
    Only 15 million in volume, but we closed green with another $0.08 higher, than the previous close. We are still oversold. This looks like a good steady climb. MACD is curving up, weekly stoch RSI is curving up, daily stoch RSI is curving up; we should be able to reach $14 either tomorrow or early next week.

Chart:
    http://www.tradingview.com/x/FX3yJUXx/
    Where do you see 15 million share volume? On NASDAQ it says 9.7 million.

Edit: never mind, I see it on Yahoo.

Anyone know why they each report such drastically different numbers?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 05:31 PM
    don't own ballard but kinda follow them a bit. It's been a little volatile lately, I think it's mostly to do with the MOU they signed with the Chinese to power potentially thousands of buses in their cities there in order to improve the air quality. The MOU was 'non-binding' however, so hence the speculation. Could be something new now, such as yesterday they said their fuel cell backup systems business (alternative to diesel backup) was growing in areas like Africa. I continue to hold BBRY but I am a bit torn to invest in BLD as well.

Totally off topic does anybody own bldp Ballard power systems it's up 8 percent in the after market but it seems to be frozen it's up 8 percent on 1000 shares two trades as of 4:27 what's going on here
    06-06-13 05:39 PM
    don't own ballard but kinda follow them a bit. It's been a little volatile lately, I think it's mostly to do with the MOU they signed with the Chinese to power potentially thousands of buses in their cities there in order to improve the air quality. The MOU was 'non-binding' however, so hence the speculation. Could be something new now, such as yesterday they said their fuel cell backup systems business (alternative to diesel backup) was growing in areas like Africa. I continue to hold BBRY but I am a bit torn to invest in BLD as well.
    I've been watching it to long, watching the sp hit 2.00 till I said screw it and bought some, I'm just curious as to why the after market does not update its information, seems to be stuck at 4:47
    06-06-13 05:51 PM
    Hmmmmm should I actually take a vacation day and go to the meeting? It's about an hour and a half drive.

Posted via CB10
    I'm confused. Can the brokers sell your shares to the shorts without your say?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:01 PM
    ahhh, sorry didn't read your post close enough

I've been watching it to long, watching the sp hit 2.00 till I said screw it and bought some, I'm just curious as to why the after market does not update its information, seems to be stuck at 4:47
    06-06-13 06:02 PM
    if they are bought on margin they can, I'm not sure about other scenarios

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:02 PM
    Ya but QNX Car 2 has an official Pandora App. Why doesn't Pandora make an official app for the Playbook? It would take no customization, they would just have to submit it to Blackberry World.

Posted via CB10
    I was surprised to find that the Pandora player via website worked fine on my bb10. Even kept playing when the browser is in the background.
    06-06-13 06:11 PM
    I have a feeling the stock will drop tomorrow. Every time Morgan goes away for surgery or away for a few days, he always says "good luck guys", and then the stock tanks. lol

Of course if it rallies up to $14.50 and continues up from there. I'd be very happy.
    Well, the stock didn't tank but if you're looking at BB.TO, the stock technically closed down, though it's due to the exchange rate.
    06-06-13 06:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    You prompted me to go check my mail. I got my letter from RBC with the same. Since I'm in Kitchener, I think I might just have to go. If nothing else, I'll learn something new. Awesome!!
    lcjr, take99, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    06-06-13 06:13 PM
    I believe they can, depending on how you have set up your account.
    Also there may be restrictions involving lending shares that are purchased within a TFSA.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bigbacala; 06-06-13 at 09:41 PM.
    06-06-13 06:17 PM
    Amazing. Read this and notice how BlackBerry is not one of the companies which the US gov didn't collect information from. Consumers need to be more aware.

Washington Post

Posted via CB10
    The bears would say that BlackBerry doesn't have a big enough marketshare to matter.

Your texts on your BlackBerry go through the carrier, so that can still be possibly collected. As well as your phone call logs.
    BBM we know can POSSIBLY be intercepted, due to what they provided in the Middle East? But I would wonder if The US government could swap BlackBerry to provide an interception solution.

This sounds pretty big. Wonder if any of this is true.
    06-06-13 06:19 PM
    The bears would say that BlackBerry doesn't have a big enough marketshare to matter.

Your texts on your BlackBerry go through the carrier, so that can still be possibly collected. As well as your phone call logs.
    BBM we know can POSSIBLY be intercepted, due to what they provided in the Middle East? But I would wonder if The US government could swap BlackBerry to provide an interception solution.

This sounds pretty big. Wonder if any of this is true.
    Sounds like the making of a great conspiracy theory here!!
    06-06-13 06:24 PM
    Boy, the volume has really fallen off. Even during a week of Q10 launches. We now have 3 weeks to wait for the ER. Anyone thinking we're likely to sink another week or so?
    06-06-13 07:49 PM
    Well, so much for spending time with my fly-fishing gear. The wife needs help sending large pic files to the kids from her iPad. Is there a way to share your cloud??
    06-06-13 07:49 PM
    Boy, the volume has really fallen off. Even during a week of Q10 launches. We now have 3 weeks to wait for the ER. Anyone thinking we're likely to sink another week or so?
    I was thinking the opposite actually. The Q10 is just available in the US and other country's are still to follow. Give folks a chance to buy the device these next two weeks.
    bungaboy, plane6065 and Dapper37 like this.
    06-06-13 07:52 PM
    Well, so much for spending time with my fly-fishing gear. The wife needs help sending large pic files to the kids from her iPad. Is there a way to share your cloud??
    I use Dropbox for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:53 PM
    I use Dropbox for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I guess I need to look that up then. I don't know what it is but maybe I can figure it out.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    06-06-13 07:59 PM
    Ok, I guess I need to look that up then. I don't know what it is but maybe I can figure it out.
    Oh. It's a cloud service. Sign up is free. If you want more space, you will need to pay. You can share any folder on there with other people.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:02 PM
    Oh. It's a cloud service. Sign up is free. If you want more space, you will need to pay. You can share any folder on there with other people.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, I had that and didn't remember. I put a file in there and sent an invite to the wife and then she downloaded it. Pretty cool and simple. Dang, most consider me very smart and I didn't even remember I had that. I feel so stupid right now.
    06-06-13 08:09 PM
    Ok so I can pretty much guarantee that on Monday morning either Faucette or Walkely will be out with a report about the Q10 launch being underwhelming. What is the Vegas line on this?
    bungaboy, plane6065 and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-06-13 08:12 PM
    I was thinking the opposite actually. The Q10 is just available in the US and other country's are still to follow. Give folks a chance to buy the device these next two weeks.
    Oh yeah, but we're not likely to hear anything about it is my concern. I have some friends who invest much more than me and they are convinced that the stock will dwindle another dollar or more before the ER.

I've got to admit that I am really torn right now because I really don't see that kind of drop but they're right more than I am.

Anyone else's thoughts?
    lcjr likes this.
    06-06-13 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Got mine too. Thinking of going.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 08:30 PM
    Oh yeah, but we're not likely to hear anything about it is my concern. I have some friends who invest much more than me and they are convinced that the stock will dwindle another dollar or more before the ER.

I've got to admit that I am really torn right now because I really don't see that kind of drop but they're right more than I am.

Anyone else's thoughts?
    I would argue that part of the reason our volume is petering off is that there just isn't enough factual information about the company's performance. Without it there is a wait and see and I think it's hurting the stock.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 08:32 PM
113,256 ... 12131214121512161217 ...