• Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Better than a kick to the teeth I guess
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-05-13 09:09 AM
    Small win here

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 5, 2013) - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that international law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has chosen to deploy 500 BlackBerry 10 devices and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to its employees.
    Any good news is certainly better no news.
    06-05-13 09:14 AM
    Is it just me or am I seeing the 'likes' for this thread skyrocketing? At 49,464 and counting!

Pretty certain it was at about 26,000 'likes' only in February/March.
    06-05-13 09:16 AM
    Is it just me or am I seeing the 'likes' for this thread skyrocketing? At 49,464 and counting!

Pretty certain it was at about 26,000 'likes' only in February/March.
    We're a pretty likeable bunch in here
    06-05-13 09:20 AM
    Another 8 added in the last 6 mins!!

This is the best thread bar none!

We're a pretty likeable bunch in here
    06-05-13 09:22 AM
    There should be a "like" list...
    lcjr, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-05-13 09:25 AM
    Good morning likeable gang! More action packed adventure headed our way today as the SP will be traveling through highs and lows. We’ll also have the “visitors” that we are NOT going to feed along with a few new thread members that found our awesome thread. I got to tell you, this is simply riveting!
    06-05-13 09:30 AM
    There should be a "like" list...
    I believe there is.... go to the likes and there's a drop down menu. It's sorted by post with the most likes.
    06-05-13 09:31 AM
    This is an important developement on the topic of BB QNX car systems...

PRESS RELEASE

"New Version of QNX CAR Platform Expands Design Choices to Include Android Apps and Qt User Interfaces

Enables automotive companies to tap into vast ecosystem of mobile developers creating Android, HTML5, OpenGL ES, and Qt apps

DETROIT, MICHIGAN--(Marketwired - June 05, 2013) - QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today demonstrated how the new version of its QNX CAR™ Platform for Infotainment will enable developers of car infotainment systems to leverage an even broader choice of mobile apps and content.

The QNX CAR Platform already supports both HTML5 and OpenGL ES, the two most popular open standards for mobile app development. With the new version, 2.1, the platform extends its reach to support Android apps, as well as apps and human machine interfaces (HMIs) built with the popular Qt 5 application framework.

"Automakers need to tap into the rapid innovation of the mobile app community - it's the surest way to keep vehicles fresh with new and engaging features, stay connected with consumers, and, ultimately, build greater brand loyalty," said Andy Gryc, senior automotive product marketing manager, QNX Software Systems. "From the beginning, the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment was designed to support mobile standards and, thanks to its flexible architecture, our customers will soon have the opportunity to access an even larger share of the mobile ecosystem."

To maximize reliability, the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment 2.1 runs Android apps in a separate application container, much like it handles HTML5 apps. This sandboxed approach keeps the app environment cleanly partitioned from the HMI, protecting both the HMI and the overall system from unpredictable web content.

The platform's support for the Qt 5 application framework provides a flexible, high-performance option for creating both apps and HMIs. Qt 5 takes advantage of OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware acceleration to deliver optimal graphics performance. It also provides HMI developers with the choice of using native C/C++ or a JavaScript scripting engine. And it supports the concept of state machines, making it easy for developers to graphically model and design complex, event-driven HMIs that comply with automakers' specifications.

Developers can also build complete HMIs with the HTML5 framework integrated into the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment. The framework includes an optimized WebKit-based HTML5 engine that supports audio and video, geo-location, WebSockets, offline applications, session storage, canvas, and other standards, such as CSS3 and JavaScript. Optimizations include pixel-accurate zooming, physics-based scrolling, and high-performance panning (ideal for maps and navigation). Developers also have the option to create HMIs with third-party design tools such as Elektrobit EB GUIDE and the Crank Storyboard™ Suite.

Expanded Hardware and App Support

The QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment 2.1 introduces several other enhancements to increase flexibility and performance, including improved power management, optimizations for faster boot time, and support for more hardware platforms - choices now include Freescale i.MX 6Dual and i.MX 6Quad, NVIDIA Tegra 3, Texas Instruments OMAP™ 5, and Texas Instruments Jacinto 5 Eco. The platform's rich suite of pre-integrated partner apps has been expanded to include HearPlanet, Parkopedia, Soundtracker, and wcities eventseekr.

The QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment is based on QNX technology deployed in millions of cars. It supports an exceptionally rich set of pre-integrated technologies, both from QNX Software Systems and dozens of ecosystem partners, to help automotive companies reduce the time required to build connected infotainment systems.

Availability

The QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment 2.1 will be available in July to select automotive customers through an early access program. Product availability is scheduled for Q4 2013.

QNX Demos at Telematics Detroit

This week, QNX Software Systems will demonstrate the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment 2.1 running Android apps in an HMI based on HTML5. It will also showcase the QNX reference vehicle, a Jeep Wrangler Sahara running an HMI based on Qt 5, and the QNX technology concept car, a Bentley Continental GT outfitted with a center stack that uses DLP display technology from Texas Instruments (TI), a reconfigurable digital instrument cluster, video conferencing with realistic telepresence, and other unique infotainment features."

06-05-13 09:31 AM
    Pretty volatile start!
    06-05-13 09:35 AM
    Pretty volatile start!
    Yup.... they are hard at work today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:36 AM
    Hope this ends today...
    06-05-13 09:39 AM
    I hope they get done what they need to get done so this can get back on track. Unfortunately, they still have a while before the ER.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:42 AM
    Pretty volatile start!
    Hope this is not an example for today's trading.
    06-05-13 09:42 AM
    Hope this ends today...
    I have a feeling you're not alone in that sentiment.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:43 AM
    I hope they get done what they need to get done so this can get back on track. Unfortunately, they still have a while before the ER.
    Yeah, it's going to carry on for some time yet...
    06-05-13 09:46 AM
    Meh... it's only another three weeks or so.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 09:48 AM
    Set a buy order for $12.80 and am walking away for a while.

Good luck folks!
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-05-13 09:50 AM
    Someone just made a big move...

That's one hell of a setup for a key reversal. There's pretty much a month of strong down trend to bounce off.

Sneaky bulls.
    06-05-13 09:55 AM
    I don't want to tempt fate, but I think the rally starts today.

I like how the price left its base at 13.37.
    06-05-13 09:55 AM
    A good move up so far here. There had better be support though. We went through this yesterday as well.
    06-05-13 09:56 AM
    06-05-13 09:58 AM
    Hi all just thought I share this info with you. I wrote to Blackberry investors info last night and got a response back this morning. (note: My "frustation" indicated to them was the stock manipulation, negative and false news, etc). It does not appear we will get any initial sales number with the Q10 or Z10 until ER, but I am sure they can make other positve updates before then (at least I hope so).

Thank you for your email and support, we appreciate your frustration.

“Are you about provide information whether the company will release initial sales Q10 sales number, or response with all the negative news items about Blackberry?”

We are currently in quiet period and cannot comment on sales numbers of the Q10. As a friendly reminder, the company does not comment on any rumors or speculation surrounding the company.

Regards,

Investor Relations

BlackBerry
    06-05-13 09:59 AM
    Just have to close the day above 13.90 to send a strong key reversal signal.

Anyone else hear a 3 week rally coming?
    06-05-13 09:59 AM
    Should be some rumor out behind this spike
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-05-13 10:01 AM
107,458 ... 11911192119311941195 ...