View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That walmart story guy, I think someone else posted the exact same thing a week or two ago but wasn't it a different handle?
    Was it this guy? LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000524.jpg
    05-31-13 04:03 PM
    "we are reserving judgement on the Q10 production versus end demand until we see launches in more markets"

What a boatload! Never stopped them with the Z did it? Translation: "The Q10 has been a surprise hit in every market into which it has been released so far and we are scared ****less that our clients are going to lose a shatload and get us fired"
    Excellent point

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-31-13 04:03 PM
    How is it that liquor stores and beer stores stay in business? Their shelves are always full, no matter what day I go in there.

Odd just left the beer store here, and the selves were full too..
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and peter9477 like this.
    05-31-13 04:04 PM
    Except for the vintages section... that place must be making a killing.. hahaha
    Lol
    05-31-13 04:06 PM
    Surely, they must be bankrupt.

05-31-13 04:10 PM
    Come on guys... we are now posting images of cartoon characters and animals that resemble an analyst? Let's take the higher ground.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-31-13 04:17 PM
    its Friday man and they've been drinking on the east coast for a coupla hours already.....

Come on guys... we are now posting images of cartoon characters and animals that resemble an analyst? Let's take the higher ground.
    05-31-13 04:18 PM
    Simply put...The job they have is to simply spew the words of what hedge fund pays the bills. Providing correct info is no longer why they sit behind the desk. Don't be misguided. Do you own due diligence.

No kidding. I'm still floored as to how he came to the conclusion that combined, the Z and Q are falling far short of half a million per month. That is just ******* ridiculous. The Z sell through was about 700,000 in one month with only 2 countries getting it for the whole time. Now that the Z is in over 40 countries, and the Q has been selling extremely well, I just can't wrap my brain around it... even in the worst case scenario, it just doesn't make sense. How they can get away with this, and keep their jobs after being disproven time and time again baffles me.
    05-31-13 04:19 PM
    You mean like in Faucette's type of high ground?
    Scott Lefebvre, zyben and m0de25 like this.
    05-31-13 04:20 PM
    its Friday man and they've been drinking on the east coast for a coupla hours already.....
    2 hours here. It's hot out and my beer is sweating. A small pool is forming on my patio table.
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    05-31-13 04:24 PM
    I went to a local beer store to do a sales check the other day.

Imagine my shock when I saw a lineup of people who were RETURNING MORE BOTTLES than the number of bottles other people were buying! People are returning more beer than they're buying!

I also saw evidence of quality problems, as most of the bottles being returned were dirty, and had labels that appeared to be misapplied. (It's possible some of the people who had purchased good bottles had subsequently damaged them, but really, what are the odds of that many people having so many beer bottle accidents?)

I really fear for the beer industry in Ontario right now. In fact, I was out for a walk the other day and didn't see a single person drinking a bottle of beer while I was on my walk.

I'm amazed certain analysts missed the call on this one. Short $BEERY!
    05-31-13 04:28 PM

Imagine my shock when I saw a lineup of people who were RETURNING MORE BOTTLES than the number of bottles other people were buying! People are returning more beer than they're buying!

I also saw evidence of quality problems, as most of the bottles being returned were dirty, and had labels that appeared to be misapplied. (It's possible some of the people who had purchased good bottles had subsequently damaged them, but really, what are the odds of that many people having so many beer bottle accidents?)

I really fear for the beer industry in Ontario right now. In fact, I was out for a walk the other day and didn't see a single person drinking a bottle of beer while I was on my walk.

Ha ha ha. Great story.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-31-13 04:29 PM

damn good thing I had just finished the last sip of that bottle otherwise I'd have been wasting what precious little is left of this diminishing industry....
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 04:43 PM
    This is much higher ground in this regard. Lol
    05-31-13 04:44 PM
    If this runs, prepare for a lot of pain as stops will get taken out.
    I'm bear stop (I mean no stop)

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 04:51 PM
    Higher ground? I like your style.....

05-31-13 04:52 PM
    The fact that Waterloo has not released any solid number other than that One record order ( of a million devices ) is a bit worrisome i must admit . Releasing a few figures would be the one and only way to shut all those imbeciles from spreading false rumors.

I personally expect BB10 devices to reach 25-30 million in sales by year end which is a tremendous success for the company and if they finally manage to communicate that right it will trigger waves of people coming back to Blackberry on all fronts ( including the stock ).
    05-31-13 04:55 PM
    Higher ground? I like your style.....

Ow CJ...

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 04:56 PM
    Ow CJ...

Posted via CB10
    Yes sir... I've got that disk hiding somewhere around here too
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-13 04:58 PM
    I wonder if James faucette has done "checks" of local prisons. I "believe" there is low inventory of lying analysts in there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-31-13 04:59 PM
    The fact that Waterloo has not released any solid number other than that One record order ( of a million devices ) is a bit worrisome i must admit . Releasing a few figures would be the one and only way to shut all those imbeciles from spreading false rumors.

I personally expect BB10 devices to reach 25-30 million in sales by year end which is a tremendous success for the company and if they finally manage to communicate that right it will trigger waves of people coming back to Blackberry on all fronts ( including the stock ).
    The one thing that keeps me at ease about the lack of numbers to stave off the decline, is the fact that their largest shareholder sits on the board. If he hasn't pressured them for some sort of news to boost the stock, then there must be some good reasoning behind it. One scenario is that the numbers aren't good and they are trying to bide time, but the other is that they are setting up a bear trap. Remember, Prem got royally screwed by the bears at one point. He may be setting them up to screw them back twice as badly. Seeing as his ROI is more than a little impressive, I'll go with the latter.
    05-31-13 05:03 PM
    Hey Morgan, or anyone with good knowledge of chart patterns..... I just brought up today's chart and I see an engulfing candlestick but not in a good way. As I look back, each time this has happened, it's resulted in the downside. Now to be clear, I'm still bullish in the long term, and even in the semi short term, but could this mean bad news for Monday and subsequent days or is this just one factor that could be drowned out by others?

It's not that I'm worried, but I want to try and figure out what these things may all mean and reading articles only gets you so far.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 05-31-13 at 05:30 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 05:20 PM
    The one thing that keeps me at ease about the lack of numbers to stave off the decline, is the fact that their largest shareholder sits on the board. If he hasn't pressured them for some sort of news to boost the stock, then there must be some good reasoning behind it.
    Ask yourself the reverse. For him to pressure them for a news release to boost the stock, what would be the reasoning that would lead him to do something like that?

I think the answer is: nothing at all. There's nothing that could give him the slightest motivation to boost the stock price, since he has no intention of selling any time soon, and he reports to no one, or at least no one for whom he needs to show a change on paper right now.

If Prem were actually pushing for news to be let out, I'd be very very worried...
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 05:31 PM
    Ask yourself the reverse. For him to pressure them for a news release to boost the stock, what would be the reasoning that would lead him to do something like that?

I think the answer is: nothing at all. There's nothing that could give him the slightest motivation to boost the stock price, since he has no intention of selling any time soon, and he reports to no one, or at least no one for whom he needs to show a change on paper right now.

If Prem were actually pushing for news to be let out, I'd be very very worried...
    I can appreciate that but I have a different point of view. BB is Fairfax's largest investment. Since people put their money in their hands to manage, do you not think that they would want some sort of assurance as to the state of their investment? He does, in fact, answer to his clients so that is why I think that he could (and I know that he is no dummy) want to have an increase in sp to put his clients at ease. If I had money with them, and was simply reading the day to day, and saw the drop in price over the last 2 weeks, I'd be asking questions of my advisor.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-31-13 05:37 PM
    I still find it odd that Thor's 10s of millions of Q10s to be sold did absolutely nothing. That kind of stuff annoys me.

Does anyone recall the number of phones analysts initially said that BlackBerry would sell? I'm pretty sure that there weren't even a million.

BBRY still has no debt and look at what they've done and are doing! The next quarter should give good reasons for significant upgrades, especially after Wall Street said that BBRY wouldn't see black ink for two more years.

That Q5 is also going to drive BBRY sales skyrocketing!
    05-31-13 05:57 PM
113,256 ... 11461147114811491150 ...