View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...r-attacks.html

Not directly related to BlackBerry the DOD and mobile but really how can it not be?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:33 PM
    Sounds like you should sell.
    Nope, not going to fall for that trap. But I will not be satisfied with stock price erosion. Just because I am in this for the long term does not mean I will sit quietly while the stock just erodes away. There is news and it has been positive, but the stock just sits there. Should be 18-20 by now, with a big leap to 30 after the earnings report.

Stand by for years of rants if this keeps up.
    Acumenight and Bugmapper like this.
    05-29-13 12:30 AM
    Wow kids. We need to take a deep breath here. Everybody seems so anxious. I am heavily invested in BlackBerry but I am not consumed by what is being said here.
    To be realistic it is going to be several ER's before we really get going.
    How long did it take BlackBerry to fall from grace? Why should it be shorter to get it back. Never going to happen.
    I love following this thread and appreciate all that is being contributed.
    BlackBerry has done an awesome job so far considering the doom and gloom from a year ago. It just needs time and we will all be handsomely rewarded for our patients.
    Posted via CB10
    ! Yessir !
    Remember the timing: when this thread started, we were on a 3 to 5 years plan (T. Heins).
    We are currently on year 2.

So far, so good and this alone is an exploit, if we refer to "experts" forecasts back in feb 2011 ...

Exploit : done - Miracle : "hey, what did you expect" ?

05-29-13 02:26 AM
    Wow, remind me not to do business with your employer.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    We still need legacy device users don't shoot the ambulance !
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-29-13 02:51 AM
    First trade is RED...
    05-29-13 03:45 AM
    First trade is RED...
    I wonder if this is a sign?

Looks like we could visit the $13 range today.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-29-13 03:49 AM

I agree.

I'd actually like to see a raid now and scoop lower and leave it. Tired of watching for it now. However, I do have some comfort in feeling like I have this baby dialed in now.
    05-29-13 03:52 AM
    I don't need more but if it goes lower then I want more.
    05-29-13 04:03 AM
    Canalys: BlackBerry and Windows Phone lacking top apps - IntoMobile

I wonder if one or both of the industry leaders pays any sort of premium to enjoy exclusive access to those top apps. It may become more apparent if BBRY sales go higher and it's still left out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-13 04:11 AM
    I find that everyone is TOO heavily focused on just this stock. It's like every tick up or down is driving your emotions. At this point the stock price doesn't matter if it's just drifting between $14 and $16.

Everyday you should be asking yourself. Do I think Blackberry is doing well? Would people want to buy their phones? WHATS NEXT for the company?

So whats next? Q10 in the USA
    Release of the Q5

Then after that who knows. But as long as they are pumping out products and you have a feel that these products are new and FRESH and will probably sell well you have NO PROBLEMS.

Personally I think the Q10 is going to be something special and bigger then the Z10. Just find that if you have sooooo many business users still using OLD Blackberries then now finally they can upgrade.

This is what I said to myself the other day. "hmm should I consider getting out of Blackberry and into my one Penny stock (PCY) that is flying .13 - .175 could make a ton of money when they announce their power purchase agreement. Anyways I thought maybe go out of Blackberry and comeback later. But I said I can't do it. Normally if I feel like if you can't guage a company then selling is fine. But I feel like Blackberry is doing really well that I don't want to risk leaving my stock even for a month.

Or if I sell my third stock where do I move the money? Both the Coal Company and Blackberry are great choices. At least I can come into Blackberry at a lower price. Its tricky.

Anyways have faith!!
    05-29-13 04:44 AM
    Just fired an order of 100+ if we hit CAN$ 14. Won't change my average US$ 13.5 and raise my position by 25%
    05-29-13 04:54 AM
    I am sorry but I am here to make money as are others. I seldom ask myself "if Blackberry is doing well".

Their stock performance tells all.
    05-29-13 04:56 AM
    Just fired an order of 100+ if we hit CAN$ 14. Won't change my average US$ 13.5 and raise my position by 25%
    I bought more last week but am wondering if I have made the right choice as some other stocks I invest in are doing very well.

These are the choice we all have to make.
    05-29-13 04:58 AM
    And in the meantime, the 1yr estimates still climbs gently ...

yahoo.ca
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    NasdaQ BBRY
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture2.png
    05-29-13 04:59 AM
    I bought more last week but am wondering if I have made the right choice as some other stocks I invest in are doing very well.

These are the choice we all have to make.
    I have only one other stock, also on a very long haut (Cap Gemini)
    05-29-13 05:03 AM
    Interesting chart from stocktwits: IWANTIT - $BBRY Dumb Money is Dumb! http://stks.co/iXPx | StockTwits
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-chart.jpg  
    05-29-13 05:25 AM
    $14.25 so far in the premarket...
    05-29-13 05:30 AM
    I find that everyone is TOO heavily focused on just this stock. It's like every tick up or down is driving your emotions. At this point the stock price doesn't matter if it's just drifting between $14 and $16.

Everyday you should be asking yourself. Do I think Blackberry is doing well? Would people want to buy their phones? WHATS NEXT for the company?

So whats next? Q10 in the USA
    Release of the Q5

Then after that who knows. But as long as they are pumping out products and you have a feel that these products are new and FRESH and will probably sell well you have NO PROBLEMS.

Personally I think the Q10 is going to be something special and bigger then the Z10. Just find that if you have sooooo many business users still using OLD Blackberries then now finally they can upgrade.

This is what I said to myself the other day. "hmm should I consider getting out of Blackberry and into my one Penny stock (PCY) that is flying .13 - .175 could make a ton of money when they announce their power purchase agreement. Anyways I thought maybe go out of Blackberry and comeback later. But I said I can't do it. Normally if I feel like if you can't guage a company then selling is fine. But I feel like Blackberry is doing really well that I don't want to risk leaving my stock even for a month.

Or if I sell my third stock where do I move the money? Both the Coal Company and Blackberry are great choices. At least I can come into Blackberry at a lower price. Its tricky.

Anyways have faith!!

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop so I can scoop some more. I've never been more sure.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-29-13 05:33 AM
    Yea, I wish there's a way to ignore the fluctuations.
    The daily fluctuations in the 13-16 range really shouldn't matter to longs because objectively speaking, we (or maybe just myself) are not going to change course even if we sink to 13's or maybe even 12 or less. Nor are we going to close our positions when we hit 16 again or even 17-20. We want more than that.

I can't help but feel slightly emotional lately about closing green or red. Don't know why, it never used to bug me even when we were down in the gutters. And this notion is made even more ridiculous by the lack of volume lately.

If there is a feasible way of only checking this weekly or bi-weekly, I think I will be better off. Most of the time I spent checking this stock in the last 6-8 months have been inconsequential to my position, so that's time wasted. I fully realize this, but it is so hard not to look! =)

Then again, following this thread during the day is fun and it is always exciting to read the breaking news or articles that people post here. There are worse ways to waste time.

I guess now I understand the appeal of F1 and NASCAR because I always thought it is pretty boring for most of the race because cars just pass each other over and over again for hours and none of it matters until they cross the finish line or crash horribly. Maybe we're all watching this closely in a similar way and we're just looking for spikes of excitement?

We are a large and weird bunch of people.
    05-29-13 05:33 AM
    The CDN dollar has fallen further...now at US $0.96
    cjcampbell and plane6065 like this.
    05-29-13 05:45 AM
    I'm also the BlackBerry supporter, how to buy the share?

Never bought any in my life

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:48 AM
    The CDN dollar has fallen further...now at US $0.96
    mhhh ... have to monitor this prior to sell ... but could be very sexy at a given point to add some extra % to my huge gains !!!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png  
    05-29-13 05:50 AM
    I'm also the BlackBerry supporter, how to buy the share?

Never bought any in my life

Posted via CB10
    Welcome amanciang !
    I believe if you - like most of us at the beginning - don't know how to do, the simpliest way is just to call your banker. It is anyhow a good (mandatory IMHO) idea to check with a professional that your investment will not exceed your "profile" reasonable capacity.

As we remind as often as possible :
    Please Read

- What you read in this thread is biased by nature. We are fans here, not granted advisors. Comments are simple users views and/or experience and shouldn't be considered as anything else
    - Investing in a stock is a personal decision that involves that you understand the risk : lose 100% of your investment. NEVER invest a dime more than what you can afford to lose without jeopardizing anything in your life.
    - There's no tryout, no refunds. This is real life, with rela joys & pains.

This said, welcome to the StockBerrians !!!
    lcjr, bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    05-29-13 05:58 AM
    Welcome amanciang !
    I believe if you - like most of us at the beginning - don't know how to do, the simpliest way is just to call your banker. It is anyhow a good (mandatory IMHO) idea to check with a professional that your investment will not exceed your "profile" reasonable capacity.

As we remind as often as possible :
    Please Read

- What you read in this thread is biased by nature. We are fans here, not granted advisors. Comments are simple users views and/or experience and shouldn't be considered as anything else
    - Investing in a stock is a personal decision that involves that you understand the risk : lose 100% of your investment. NEVER invest a dime more than what you can afford to lose without jeopardizing anything in your life.
    - There's no tryout, no refunds. This is real life, with rela joys & pains.

This said, welcome to the StockBerrians !!!
    Thanks for your advise Superfly_FR

Yes, I due understand the risk. That's why until today I never buy any stock.

But, this time BlackBerry is back, I wish they success, so everybody who had BlackBerry stock will always put a big smile on their face.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    05-29-13 06:25 AM
    I am sorry but I am here to make money as are others. I seldom ask myself "if Blackberry is doing well".

Their stock performance tells all.
    Would you consider buying a Z10 to test it out? Might change your mind about BlackBerry and you have nothing to loose (can return the phone if you don't like it).
    I wouldn't be investing in BBRY if I don't like its products and future prospects.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-29-13 06:27 AM
106,800 ... 11131114111511161117 ...