View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nah. I expect it from them next week. I just hoped that there is something to prop us up sometime before the ER. It's a long ways to go.
    Yah but there seems to be lots of little shots of good news out there,
    even though its not helping sp yet, if it keeps flooding in sooner or later
    it has to prop us up somewhat, the momentum positive news at least has
    been going our way lately.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 03:48 PM
    Wow, just got off the beach and finally decided to check how we've made out this week...expecting big things of course. Shouldn't have bothered, seems like a couple more days of Cuba Libre's are in order. I'll have to wait till Monday to find out WTF!!!!! happened this week and WHY this stock is in the 14's, internet from Cuba is not so good. Actually, it's about as slow to run and obnoxious as BBRY stock.....and it crashes once in awhile too!! Wonders never cease. Buenos notches amigos.......
    Hey markymark!! Good to hear from you again man! Hope you're having a great time there. Don't worry about the SP, it's the same old story for now. Take care and be safe!
    05-17-13 03:58 PM
    Yah but there seems to be lots of little shots of good news out there,
    even though its not helping sp yet, if it keeps flooding in sooner or later
    it has to prop us up somewhat, the momentum positive news at least has
    been going our way lately.
    I hope but not expecting it. The RSI (10) is still above 40 and without something juicy, we're likely to sink a little next week. I think a few people have said it on here today that they expect some damage over the next couple of weeks and I agree. We've been through it over and over and over again. We get all excited about our gains and then watch it sink again in disbelief. It's just another one of those cycles again.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-17-13 03:59 PM
    I hope but not expecting it. The RSI (10) is still above 40 and without something juicy, we're likely to sink a little next week. I think a few people have said it on here today that they expect some damage over the next couple of weeks and I agree. We've been through it over and over and over again. We get all excited about our gains and then watch it sink again in disbelief. It's just another one of those cycles again.
    I didn't stop looking at the SP, just quit caring for now. It's getting too old and frustrating. I'm concentrating on the upcoming devices and apps. As for the SP, I'll wait until June, September, and the last straw will be December. If we're still farting around at $15-16 after that, then there's no kool-aid that can keep me in this.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    05-17-13 04:04 PM
    I agree... no half baked anything anymore.

We have 4 of the "six" devices that Thor promised... (Z10, Q10, Q5, and phablet/Aristo images and rumours for this fall) What are the other two devices if not tablets?
    That's wherI am at a loss:
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Aristo
    5) ? TABLET ?
    6) ????? HUH ?????

I'm wondering if 6 is going to be an attempt at a tablet that is a thin client where the CPU/memory is from your Z10, Q5 or Q10.

Thing is, they could apply the same concept to a Roku like device for your TV. Who knows what item #6 is.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-17-13 04:06 PM
    Whats one to do? sell and buy back in then, or hold and wait for the next
    jump., or sell and run for the hills..
    05-17-13 04:07 PM
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Aristo
    5) ? TABLET ?
    6) ????? HUH ?????

I'm wondering if 6 is going to be an attempt at a tablet that is a thin client where the CPU/memory is from your Z10, Q5 or Q10.

Thing is, they could apply the same concept to a Roku like device for your TV. Who knows what item #6 is.
    What about some type docking station he once mentioned????
    05-17-13 04:07 PM
    hey guys, I'm sure it's been discussed to death but could anyone explain if/how a free to download and free to use BBM would work?
    THey could give most away for free but things like Video would be at a price. Or they would monetize it via corporate use.

Is this wohat you mean?
    05-17-13 04:08 PM
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Aristo
    5) ? TABLET ?
    6) ????? HUH ?????
    I imagine:
    1) Z10 (think storm)
    2) Q10 (think bold)
    3) Q5 (think curve)
    4) Slider form factor (think torch)
    6) MYSTERY . Either a Tablet (like Playbook) or Z5 (cheaper version of full touch) or Hybrid (like Padfone).
    05-17-13 04:09 PM
    ********************* WILD SPECULATION ************************************

So, I was talking with some friends about the US launch of the Q10, the awful canadian launch and the UK demand.

Somebody suggested that BlackBerry is already kind-of out-of-stock. They launched in the UK with huge demand so they sent more phones. The UK kept on buying according to channel checks and the Toronto/Canada launch came. Before the canadian launch launch, we found out that BlackBerry downsized the production of Z10 so they could make more Q10s.

Now, the canadian launch came and at fist there were a few stores that had a very limited number of units. And now the US launch has been delayed.

Is it possible/probable that BlackBerry ran out of Q10s and underestimated the demand? Or are we missing something?

********************* WILD SPECULATION ************************************

BEWARE: this is *not at all confirmed*, it's just a hypothesis.
    This is pretty much what i think has happened.
    05-17-13 04:10 PM
    Yep, it was confirmed. See the Blackberry Live event website. The Z10s were ordered for those that registered and attended the event. They were handing them out to be used throughout the event and then the people could keep them. For businesses attending, loaners were handed out.

BlackBerry Live 2013: Mobile Experience
    They were a sponsor and handed out Z10's but it doesn't say anything about their 1 million device purchase and what the mix was.
    05-17-13 04:11 PM
    Whats one to do? sell and buy back in then, or hold and wait for the next
    jump., or sell and run for the hills..
    It's already low. To think that it will go down to the 13's is highly speculative and unlikely... in my opinion. I would never think to give advice on what to do but to sell at the bottom... or close to, is the opposite of what makes sense.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 04:14 PM
    1) Z10
    2) Q10
    3) Q5
    4) Aristo
    5) ? TABLET ?
    6) ????? HUH ?????

Don't forget a Z5. They've mentioned that there will be touch and qwerty for the different price points.
    05-17-13 04:16 PM
    I imagine:
    1) Z10 (think storm)
    2) Q10 (think bold)
    3) Q5 (think curve)
    4) Slider form factor (think torch)
    6) MYSTERY . Either a Tablet (like Playbook) or Z5 (cheaper version of full touch) or Hybrid (like Padfone).
    Due to the Arisoto's pending release, I doubt they would make a budget Z5 then release a Z15. When the Z15 comes out, the price point will ber $200 w/ contract. Where would the Z5 and Z10 prices be at that point? Z10 for $100 and Z5 for $0?

I think they intend to make the Z10 the mid-tier device once Aristo comes out.

But I am probably wrong.
    05-17-13 04:16 PM
    They were a sponsor and handed out Z10's but it doesn't say anything about their 1 million device purchase and what the mix was.
    I'm pretty sure somewhere on that website I saw the 1 million device purchase but I could be mistaken. No biggy...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 04:20 PM
    I need a drink, can I go home early?
    05-17-13 04:25 PM
    Well with May 2-4 now officially started, I'm going to have a few blurred lines of my own so here's a little biddy to get the mood moving in the right direction....
    Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell - YouTube
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-17-13 04:26 PM
    It's already low. To think that it will go down to the 13's is highly speculative and unlikely... in my opinion. I would never think to give advice on what to do but to sell at the bottom... or close to, is the opposite of what makes sense.
    Thanks I really have no intension of selling, just don't want to believe it
    will drop much more, I guess if it does I'll buy more, but I'm soon at my
    limit with this one.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 04:28 PM
    I need a drink, can I go home early?
    I'm sliding out early whether they like it or not. Mow the lawn, swim, and enjoy the sun and beer.
    05-17-13 04:29 PM
    Gotta be honest, Misek doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. I also remember him or someone else say that all Android apps will be brought to BlackBerry world, but I just don't see that happening any time soon.

That being said, with the new updated Android runtime, it wouldn't be too hard to do this. Maybe he's onto something.
    He did say bbry was going to make bbm multi-platform about 5 months ago.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    take99 and m0de25 like this.
    05-17-13 04:32 PM
    Well with May 2-4 now officially started, I'm going to have a few blurred lines of my own so here's a little biddy to get the mood moving in the right direction....
    Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell - YouTube
    Holy cow that was awesome! I'm going to listen to that again later on the patio "loud"!!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-17-13 04:34 PM
    I tend to think that Misek is actually one of the only analysts 'really' following BBRY. I think there is some BS there obviously, but I have found most of his notes to be solid and he seems to do his homework on BBRY. It almost feels like it's his pet project since he was such a bear on them before.

He did say bbry was going to make bbm multi-platform about 5 months ago.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy and ItsTheBox like this.
    05-17-13 04:38 PM
    BlackBerry's Chief Marketing Officer Frank Boulben told Reuters that starting this year, "you will be able to plug the [Z10] device into a docking station at the office and then all you need is a keyboard, a mouse and a screen." What are the chances that a future device is the actual docking station???
    05-17-13 04:40 PM
    Holy cow that was awesome! I'm going to listen to that again later on the patio "loud"!!
    yup... Pharrell does some really good work. I gotta say though, that you would be the last one I figured to like that one. Glad you did!!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    05-17-13 04:48 PM
    DISA pushes forward on mobility -- FCW

The announcements are part of ongoing efforts to support mobility implementation across DOD, where the various levels of security classifications complicate management of the infrastructure and operations behind the mobile devices.

"We're all in; we're device-agnostic. We want to support the Androids, the Apples, the Windows and the Blackberry devices," John Hickey, program manager for DOD mobility at DISA, said May 15 at the FOSE conference in Washington, D.C. "We want to create competition to lower the overall costs. That's the goal of the department – it's really about providing the devices to enable backside information that is required. And since DOD has unclassified but [for official use only] and various levels of classification...we've got to look at the entire realm."

The STIG approval, MDM framework and the Pentagon's mobile strategy and implementation plan are all in keeping with plans to establish a DOD-wide mobile enterprise that incorporates new technologies by accelerating acquisition cycles – no matter which vendor the technologies may come from.

"We're not looking for perfect solutions; we're taking the best that industry has today and we're using that and then looking for what's coming next," Hickey said. "We can't just say no anymore. We can't just give people a device that's so locked down you can't do anything with. How do we make a policy that enables that?"
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-17-13 04:51 PM
113,250 ... 10351036103710381039 ...