View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can't find the original interview but here is one that supports my statement....

BlackBerry Questions Tablets' Future After PlayBook Flop - YouTube
    You paraphrased and that's good too. We know what you meant.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 02:37 PM
    Stock wants to annoy us, kind of shameless before weekend. Have a nice weekend and don't waste any thought about the SP. There are things that are more important
    Hmmmm, beer, bikinis, cars, swimming, beer, bikinis, cars.....

Edit: No more picture Friday's, so you'll have to use your own active imagination.....
    05-17-13 02:39 PM
    Hmmmm, beer, bikinis, cars, swimming, beer, bikinis, cars.....

Edit: No more picture Friday's, so you'll have to use your own active imagination.....
    I have a good imagination....especially after a few beers
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 02:46 PM
    Well boys rough week for us but not at all surprised as this seems to be the norm for our beloved BB.

Off to Yosemite for the weekend for my sons cub scout camping trip.

Have a great weekend and here's looking forward to an up trend next week.
    05-17-13 02:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I have nothing better to do than think why this stock is going down (well, I know why, the Toronto Financial district left at noon for the long weekend so that doesn't help), and how much cash I'm going to make over the next two months riding this past the ER.

I think again TH wants to shock the street with I'm gonna say $0.80 EPS for Q1. I think the Q10 selling better in non US market allowed them to push the US release back a few weeks -- AND this allows them to save what I would hope is going to be a HUGE marketing spend on the US launch. Pushing the release into June means that marketing spends stays off the Q1 books. Every little bit counts to show the street blackberry is making good money.
    There is nothing really substantial to jack it up. Don't sweat it...not like it's going to zero. Enjoy your weekend.
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    05-17-13 02:56 PM
    Yeah we commented on that a few pages back, pretty cool. I guess we are going to have to tough it out for another quarter or two until these sales register.

05-17-13 02:58 PM
    if Brightstar ordered 1 mill z's before the Verizon launch, shouldn't someone tell them they need to order 2 mill q's at least and make a nice splashy announcement Monday around 10:30 or so?
    05-17-13 02:59 PM
    if Brightstar ordered 1 mill z's before the Verizon launch, shouldn't someone tell them they need to order 2 mill q's at least and make a nice splashy announcement Monday around 10:30 or so?
    Was it ever confirmed or stated that the order was Z10's? From what I understood, it was an order for 1 million devices and could have been an "over an extended period" type order.
    05-17-13 03:03 PM
    Overheard someone at the office today asking the firm's technology dept as to when we are upgrading to BB10 because they heard two other competing firms upgraded as well. I got pretty excited because I can run BB Balance on my Z10 once the upgrade happens.
    05-17-13 03:03 PM
    Just experienced a small earthquake in N. Ontario. Anybody in Ottawa area confirm?
    Quebec trying to separate again?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 03:06 PM
    Seems like the bears have made their move.
    Nah. I expect it from them next week. I just hoped that there is something to prop us up sometime before the ER. It's a long ways to go.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-17-13 03:09 PM
    Never confirmed, but there were reports Verizon sold 300k z's the first two weeks, so 1 mill maybe to be filled in the quarter as a conservative order?

Was it ever confirmed or stated that the order was Z10's? From what I understood, it was an order for 1 million devices and could have been an "over an extended period" type order.
    cjcampbell, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 03:14 PM
    I have a good imagination....especially after a few beers
    I'll tackle the front yard after work today, then jump into the pool and then drink some cold beers on the patio as I chat with whoever's on this thread then.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 03:14 PM
    Well boys rough week for us but not at all surprised as this seems to be the norm for our beloved BB.

Off to Yosemite for the weekend for my sons cub scout camping trip.

Have a great weekend and here's looking forward to an up trend next week.
    You to buddy. Be safe out there.
    05-17-13 03:15 PM
    WooHoo!!!! .03 green for TSX. Sorry, I get excited easily on Fridays at this time....
    05-17-13 03:18 PM
    WooHoo!!!! .03 green for TSX. Sorry, I get excited easily on Fridays at this time....
    That's a .2% ROI on the day... almost as successful as BB_Trader
    05-17-13 03:25 PM
    Android App Virtualization:

The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps.

Where is the time line for this? !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-17-13 03:26 PM
    Never confirmed, but there were reports Verizon sold 300k z's the first two weeks, so 1 mill maybe to be filled in the quarter as a conservative order?
    Brightstar didn't just order these for one carrier - this was for multiple carriers - they just happen to work with Verizon. Nothing was substantiated that Verizon only bought thru Brightsar, nor that the 1MM was exclusively for them.
    05-17-13 03:28 PM
    right, nothing was substantiated I agree totally. That's why we are speculating, juslt like saying they didn't order them for just one carrier

Brightstar didn't just order these for one carrier - this was for multiple carriers - they just happen to work with Verizon. Nothing was substantiated that Verizon only bought thru Brightsar, nor that the 1MM was exclusively for them.
    05-17-13 03:33 PM
    If true I would imagine it would be after August and the 10.2 update which includes Jelly Bean support.

Android App Virtualization:

The Blackberry 10 has got the support from a private company, which will allow the whole Android catalog to be ported on BB10 devices, and the user will feel that the whole catalog is native and has not been ported. The company will provide the solution that will be a link between BB10 and Android ecosystem of more than 700,000 touch enabled apps.

Where is the time line for this? !

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-17-13 03:39 PM
    Yes, it was on the webpage for the Blackberry Live event. The Z10 was specifically named and the reason purchased was to hand out to those that registered and attended the event.

http://www.blackberrylive.com/attend...ile-experience
    05-17-13 03:42 PM
    Yep, it was confirmed. See the Blackberry Live event website. The Z10s were ordered for those that registered and attended the event. They were handing them out to be used throughout the event and then the people could keep them. For businesses attending, loaners were handed out.

http://www.blackberrylive.com/attend...ile-experience
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 03:44 PM
    Wow, just got off the beach and finally decided to check how we've made out this week...expecting big things of course. Shouldn't have bothered, seems like a couple more days of Cuba Libre's are in order. I'll have to wait till Monday to find out WTF!!!!! happened this week and WHY this stock is in the 14's, internet from Cuba is not so good. Actually, it's about as slow to run and obnoxious as BBRY stock.....and it crashes once in awhile too!! Wonders never cease. Buenos notches amigos.......
    m0de25, lcjr, fedakd and 2 others like this.
    05-17-13 03:48 PM
113,250 ... 10341035103610371038 ...