View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    is this the short squeeze?

i wear boxsters and ride a bike , man alive some of you drive some nice wheels
    LOL..."is this the short squeeze".

Is that what she said?

Couldn't resist. you set yourself up for that one.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, tygros and 3 others like this.
    05-17-13 11:12 AM
    Gentlemen, in parting I must ask you to watch the video and think for a moment...

Think about it...hahahaha
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 11:17 AM
    Gentlemen, in parting I must ask you to watch the video and think for a moment...

If you're heading out, have a great long weekend.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 11:19 AM
    If you're heading out, have a great long weekend.
    Thanks and you as well.

I'll be back again. I mean, really, who could resist?
    05-17-13 11:22 AM

Have a great safe weekend Charles!
    05-17-13 11:23 AM
    Good news to me. BES10.1 is the only MDM system that is ready by Jun/Jul.
    05-17-13 11:24 AM
    Hi Morgan:

What are your thoughts on the weekly chart vs daily chart? The weekly chart seems to show that it has reached a top, and will go down. The daily chart shows that we are at the bottom more or less, unless it does the bounce in the lower region of stochastic RSI, which would be in accordance with the weekly chart to push the stock further down.

Or maybe I am reading it wrong.

Thank you,

Here is what I see:

Daily chart; it is right on support line at the moment:
    http://www.tradingview.com/x/pBw49FfD/

Weekly chart, this looks like it could go down further:
    http://www.tradingview.com/x/ofcsoTJN/
    JLagoon!

I see it a bit differently, you have great lines there, the trend broke down and we are negative on the daily; below the center line on the Bollinger Bands. The outside bands are narrowing though, and they will signal a BUY at the first of next week. The weekly is bullish, the stock topped out as you correctly called, but, it is sitting on the center line and that means it is still bullish until it drops below that line. Everything else on those charts are neutral.

I can see how you might think the stock is bullish on the daily, but it is technically weak inside the BBs, but is about to turn bullish soon. The weekly is a very nice clean chart and shows us that we are resting on the "0" SD line and likely to pop from here. My 8-month line suggests we move higher as well. I called $ 14.50/shr as the bottom on this sell-off and if we can regain that all important 5-dma, we are heading back up to the top of the BB's and your downtrend line.

Thanks for posting to the board, I appreciate different thoughts on the subject!
    05-17-13 11:26 AM
    Have a great safe weekend Charles!
    Thanks lcjr.

All the best on the job search.
    lcjr, gohan_bcc and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 11:31 AM
    Good news to me. BES10.1 is the only MDM system that is ready by Jun/Jul.
    A couple more takeaways from the article:

- "a sleek new generation of Blackberry devices that run the Blackberry 10 operating system � "

- "Android and iOS phones and tablets may be ubiquitous in the civilian world, but they are comparatively rare in the Defense Department. While tens of thousands of them are in use in a number of approved pilot programs, the Pentagon has nearly half a million Blackberries in circulation, with no plans to replace them en masse with the new systems, officials have said."

- "DISA officials said the contract for the system would likely be awarded to a vendor in June or July, and it will control not only the new Apple, Samsung Android and Blackberry devices, but will bring hundreds of thousands of other devices under its wing as well."

I'm curious as to what those 'hundreds of thousands of other devices' are.
    05-17-13 11:35 AM

- "a sleek new generation of Blackberry devices that run the Blackberry 10 operating system — "

- "Android and iOS phones and tablets may be ubiquitous in the civilian world, but they are comparatively rare in the Defense Department. While tens of thousands of them are in use in a number of approved pilot programs, the Pentagon has nearly half a million Blackberries in circulation, with no plans to replace them en masse with the new systems, officials have said."

- "DISA officials said the contract for the system would likely be awarded to a vendor in June or July, and it will control not only the new Apple, Samsung Android and Blackberry devices, but will bring hundreds of thousands of other devices under its wing as well."

I'm guessing it's the Android devices that they have in the field now. Not the consumer ones we are familiar with but the ones they designed by taking the Android source code to design their own. In one part of the article it describes the ones in the field where troops can see the overhead view of the battle field but no communication via email or web access... this is where I'm thinking they are going. Allowing those devices access would greatly improve their advantage in the field.
    W Hoa, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-17-13 11:40 AM

- "a sleek new generation of Blackberry devices that run the Blackberry 10 operating system � "

I think they would be the old legacy blackberry's. Anyways, you can't get much more of a need for security than the Pentagon. If they choose anything other than BES 10.1 to manage then they are incompetent as there just won't be anything to compete with it when you take into consideration the NOC and the ability to manage all devices, new, legacy BB and otherwise.

To me the story is not if the Pentagon get's all their mobile devices to be BB but who manages the MDM. If it's BB they win despite how the handset piece goes.

I expect to start hearing a regular trickle of BES 10.1 sales in the next little while that will pull along BB10 mobile devices as well, but it doesn't have to be 100% blackberry like it did in the past.

Heads we win, tails they lose.

That's why I have money on BB
    05-17-13 11:41 AM
    Apple iPhone: DoD approval granted for use on military networks | BGR

11:05 AM
    The United States Department of Defense on Friday approved the use of Apple devices running iOS 6 on its networks, Bloomberg reported. The iPhone will compete with BlackBerry 10 and Samsung KNOX devices, which received approval earlier this month. The Pentagon has continued to test alternative platforms to give employees flexibility when choosing a work phone. The DoD even has plans to create a mobile app store that can handle as many as 8 million devices. There are currently more than 600,000 mobile devices in use at the agency, 470,000 of which are older BlackBerry smartphones. There are currently more than 40,000 iPhones and 8,700 Android devices in use, however most of them aren�t connected to military networks except for testing purposes.

Ummm can someone confirm the $57 annual license fee?
    If BES is awarded and there is to be an estimated 8million devices on the DoD network, would that not equal $11.4 billion per quarter? maybe my calculator is broken?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 11:49 AM

The United States Department of Defense on Friday approved the use of Apple devices running iOS 6 on its networks, Bloomberg reported. The iPhone will compete with BlackBerry 10 and Samsung KNOX devices, which received approval earlier this month. The Pentagon has continued to test alternative platforms to give employees flexibility when choosing a work phone. The DoD even has plans to create a mobile app store that can handle as many as 8 million devices. There are currently more than 600,000 mobile devices in use at the agency, 470,000 of which are older BlackBerry smartphones. There are currently more than 40,000 iPhones and 8,700 Android devices in use, however most of them aren�t connected to military networks except for testing purposes.

If BES is awarded and there is to be an estimated 8million devices on the DoD network, would that not equal $11.4 billion per quarter? maybe my calculator is broken?
    Nope, your calculator is working fine. DoD might negotiate a volume discount though...

App store does not necessarily mean Bes management though, does it? 600,000 managed and 8 million with access to apps...family, contractors, retirees...?
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    05-17-13 11:54 AM

The United States Department of Defense on Friday approved the use of Apple devices running iOS 6 on its networks, Bloomberg reported. The iPhone will compete with BlackBerry 10 and Samsung KNOX devices, which received approval earlier this month. The Pentagon has continued to test alternative platforms to give employees flexibility when choosing a work phone. The DoD even has plans to create a mobile app store that can handle as many as 8 million devices. There are currently more than 600,000 mobile devices in use at the agency, 470,000 of which are older BlackBerry smartphones. There are currently more than 40,000 iPhones and 8,700 Android devices in use, however most of them aren’t connected to military networks except for testing purposes.

I'm sure that there will be some serious price negotiations for that large a deployment, but yes, once there are that many devices, that's a sick return. But...... we're looking at quite some time yet before that many of the devices get managed.
    05-17-13 11:55 AM
    Umm.. maybe mine is broken.
    $59 is per annum, thus 8Million x $57 - $456Million - not even a billion a year. It's big - very big, but not billions big.
    Nope, your calculator is working fine. DoD might negotiate a volume discount though...

05-17-13 11:56 AM

LOL! Knowing our government, we will pay double!
    05-17-13 12:00 PM
    $59 is per annum, thus 8Million x $57 - $456Million - not even a billion a year. It's big - very big, but not billions big.
    yep, my calc is fine, it's my eyes and fingers that are broken. I added to many zero's.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-17-13 12:01 PM
    Ha just found a bug in the bb10 calculator!

05-17-13 12:02 PM
    Ha just found a bug in the bb10 calculator!

it needs comma's...
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 12:04 PM
    I'm guessing it's the Android devices that they have in the field now. Not the consumer ones we are familiar with but the ones they designed by taking the Android source code to design their own. In one part of the article it describes the ones in the field where troops can see the overhead view of the battle field but no communication via email or web access... this is where I'm thinking they are going. Allowing those devices access would greatly improve their advantage in the field.
    Exactly, there are far more devices in use by the DoD than the consumer is aware of. This is due to the nature of what these devices do. It's not just about phones and tablets. We use much much more than that out in the field.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    05-17-13 12:06 PM
    8 million is the pie in the sky end number. MDM will only manage 'up to' 100k after the first year, ramping up after that as budgets allow.
    05-17-13 12:06 PM
    05-17-13 12:14 PM
    05-17-13 12:15 PM
    What did the SP open at at the start of the week?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:19 PM
    I don't like their prices but love their products. However, I am more of a Porsche guy.
    There are three subjects one should avoid for good friendship :
    1. Politics
    2. Societal behavior
    3. Cars

But I've got an excuse: unless I'll go for an (ugly IMHO) Cayenne, I just fit in a Porsche as in a sardine box.
    Lately, I looked at these two ... and I must say - unless we hit $800 or such - it won't happen
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-brightware-01_3.jpg

And while at it ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-17-13 at 12:31 PM.
    05-17-13 12:20 PM
113,250 ... 10311032103310341035 ...