View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol. Try to stick to the fundamentals. Hope you'll find comfort in taking a step back and have a more objective view. Don't join the chaos.
    Thanks man, I'm good. Just taking advantage of the thread and vinting through humor. I really like this thread and the regulars on here.
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
    decent bounce, now lets keep it going to GREEN
    Yeah. $15.35 baby.
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
    The organizations accused of intentionally discrediting BB through malicious slander are in steps 3 and 6 of the Reid Interigation Technique.

Step 3 = Try to discourage the suspect from denying his guilt. Reid training video: "If you�ve let him talk and say the words �I didn�t do it�[...]the more difficult it is to get a confession."

Step 6 = The suspect will become quieter and listen. Move the theme discussion towards offering alternatives. If the suspect cries at this point, infer guilt.
    Yes... don't forget the giant binder...doesn't matter what sin the binder

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 12:01 PM
    Looks like we double bottomed and are now heading to test the 50-dma once again. Lets get through this. Who woulda thunk that 3 days of good news would drive the stock in a negative fashion.
    Buy the rumor, sell the news.

BB is still a trader stock - no solid sales figures. This one I think is going to be a trader's paradise until 2014. However, I'm holding still and buying on dips to increase my position. Blackberry's SP will continue to go up this year, but the volatility will remain, IMO.

That is until BB proves sales are solid & consistent not only pent up demand driving its quarterly sales.

There is capital gains to be had, its just lower than what most are anticipating with its short squeeze. I believe someone mentioned that there is no solid reason in a short's eyes that signals Blackberry is truly back. Until that sentiment changes (Early to Mid 2014) we'll see only incremental gains.

Cheers!
    05-16-13 12:03 PM
    I still don't like it. It seems BlackBerry is converting itself into a software-service company, accepting BB10 will be just a niche player.
    In a couple of years they will support better iOS and Android than their own devices, as Microsoft does with Skype.
    In my opinion making BBM cross platform is brilliant and timely. It dovetails nicely with all the analysts currently trying to assess billions of dollars of value to Twitter, WhatsApp and others, in front of them potentially going public. It has the potential to add considerable value to BBRY's share price. Quite possibly, however, this value, in the analysts eyes, will only be realized by having BBM hived off as a separate entity.
    05-16-13 12:03 PM
    Real good read here

How BlackBerry is riding iOS and Android to power its comeback | ZDNet

BlackBerry does not split out BES revenue from its revenue from smartphones, but clearly it's a much more attractive business than the commodity mobile hardware business. And, Devenyi said that BlackBerry is seeing "exploding" demand for MDM solutions to manage BYOD.

In its latest analysis of the MDM market, Gartner corroborated that perspective saying, "MDM is the fastest-growing enterprise mobile software ever (in terms of number of suppliers, revenue growth and interest from Gartner clients)."

That growth is fueling a crowd of companies to jump into MDM, but BlackBerry is one of the creators of the category and one of the most trusted names in mobile security. The fact that many of the companies that need MDM for BYOD have previously relied on BlackBerry and BES to manage their mobile devices provides the company with an excellent opportunity to become a market leader in securing for iOS and Android for BYOD. The irony is obvious, but don't underestimate how much this could potentially fuel BlackBerry's comeback, no matter what BlackBerry devices do.
    05-16-13 12:04 PM
    I think a phablet is a great idea - bigger screens for 'older' users has been awesome considering their waning eye-sight. All users could benefit from increased screen real-estate. I love larger screens though so that's my personal opinion.
    Consumers are speaking with their wallets, and the trend is towards larger screens. It's only a matter of time before a 5"+ BB10 phone is announced.
    Compaqee likes this.
    05-16-13 12:05 PM
    Consumers are speaking with their wallets, and the trend is towards larger screens. It's only a matter of time before a 5"+ BB10 phone is announced.
    Christmas
    Bugmapper, Compaqee and q649 like this.
    05-16-13 12:14 PM
    In a way I wish we knew what was being released throughout the year. That way I could prioritize my purchases. Would I postpone getting the Q10 if I knew there was a 5+ device coming out shortly after? Not sure, but it would be an option.
    05-16-13 12:15 PM
    Christmas
    Bingo! I stated before that the big surprize would be released just before the holidays. I just hope we get leaks way before hand so we can plan and budget accordingly.
    05-16-13 12:16 PM
    Those corksuckrrs.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, the Forgen Iceholes!
    Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    05-16-13 12:17 PM
    In a way I wish we knew what was being released throughout the year. That way I could prioritize my purchases. Would I postpone getting the Q10 if I knew there was a 5+ device coming out shortly after? Not sure, but it would be an option.
    And that's exactly why we won't know about it for a while.
    lcjr likes this.
    05-16-13 12:17 PM
    How BlackBerry is riding iOS and Android to power its comeback | ZDNet

The irony is obvious, but don't underestimate how much this could potentially fuel BlackBerry's comeback, no matter what BlackBerry devices do.
    Indeed, the irony is obvious:

The very factor that decimated BlackBerry over the past five years is now becoming one of the most important catalysts in its turnaround.
    05-16-13 12:19 PM
    ok guys hold down the fort, gotta get outside and enjoy some of this nice weather.
    Got my buy in and were trading kinda, sorta sideways lol, so nothing more to be done today.
    05-16-13 12:21 PM
    About back down to what I paid. I should have got out when it was up a little.
    I am staying long it will pay, IMO.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-16-13 12:22 PM
    I am staying long it will pay, IMO.
    i am staying short, (for now),it will pay, imho ... seriously. ugly, trying day in the markets it is. g'rrr. good luck everyone. fyi, put in a cover price on BB at $13, will lower it if need be.
    05-16-13 12:29 PM
    rumours abound

The future of BlackBerry 10 & rumours of a

The future of BlackBerry 10 & rumours of a ‘dummy tablet’
    Blogs Richard Goodwin 17:34, 16 May 2013
    Share on printShare on emailShare on stumbleuponShare on twitter

Source claims BlackBerry is working on dummy tablet device

It’s the last day of BlackBerry Live 2013 in Orlando, Florida. The expo was pretty epic with tons of announcements and lots of briefings. Over the course of the last few days we’ve seen a new handset launched and have spoken with lots of BlackBerry execs and partners. All in all, it was a very informative trip.

Lewis Hamilton made a couple of appearances and Alicia Keys – BlackBerry’s Creative Director – was also in attendance. There was an evening of entertainment at Universal Studios featuring live music, a lot of booze, and mountains of food and sweets. We even bumped into Thorsten Heins in the hotel bar at 2am on Tuesday, no doubt celebrating the day’s successful keynote address.

One of the best things about the expo, for me personally, however, was all the people I met – and of course the amazing weather. I’ve chatted to BlackBerry partners, engineers, re-sellers, IT managers, and network people during my stay in Orlando, players from every sector of the BlackBerry universe, and they turned out to be literal fountains of information.
    ◾BlackBerry Q10 review
    ◾BlackBerry Z10 review
    ◾BlackBerry Q5 hands on & initial impressions

We broke the story about the 5-inch Z10 reboot, something BlackBerry has yet to officially acknowledge, but that’s nothing compared to what one BlackBerry reseller told us last night about BlackBerry’s alleged plans for the tablet space.

According to our source BlackBerry has plans in place to launch a dummy tablet device. Think Asus’ Padfone just with BlackBerry 10. Now this sounds pretty crazy, we know, but it’s still a very interesting idea all the same.

Our source said the logic behind the concept was three fold:
    ◾It’s a cheaper and more cost-effective solution than producing a proper tablet device.
    ◾There’s a massive demand for larger form devices from BlackBerry’s core business users.
    ◾BlackBerry needs something unique to compete with Apple’s iPad in the enterprise space.

We’ve put the question of whether this was on the cards to BlackBerry UK Managing Director Rob Orr. We weren’t expecting a confirmation and we didn’t get one, but Orr did say that when it comes to the future of mobile computing BlackBerry’s vision is centered on the smartphone.

During the BlackBerry Live 2013 keynote speech a Bentley Continental GTC, packed with a BlackBerry 10-powered entertainment system, joined Thorsten Heins on stage. Here, the car and the smartphone are linked and the smartphone can instruct the car to download new features like updated maps for instance. This is just one example of how BlackBerry 10 can be used in different environment and settings.

Orr told us that with BlackBerry 10 the possibilities are limitless. Once the platform is there, everything else falls into place. ‘BlackBerry 10 was built with the next 10 years in mind,’ said Orr. ‘It’s a mobile computing platform that embraces open web standards and features a rich set of developer tools.’

‘BlackBerry 10 shows we listened to our customers.’

Orr also re-confirmed that BlackBerry would release six handsets collectively in 2013, meaning we’ll see three more devices before the end of the year. Asked about specifics such as specs, hardware, and features, Orr could not comment.

Speaking about tablets, Thorsten Heins said the following during a media session on Tuesday: ‘we want to create something that's easier to use.’ He also confirmed that BlackBerry is now spending money on R&D looking into this.

So how do you make a tablet simpler?

One option would be to create a dumb device, as our source claims, that uses the phone has its brains but provides users with a larger BlackBerry tablet experience.

Heins also said a ‘pure hardware play does not make sense in today’s market.’

Our source could not confirm if or when the dummy tablet would launch but he said it is on the roadmap and looked ‘very, very cool.’

We love this idea. It's unique, rather novel, and could be a very simple solution to BlackBerry's tablet problems.
    05-16-13 12:31 PM
    In for a wee bit more at $15.00 BB.TSX, dang missed my alert for a better low
    (playing dolls with my darling daughter), but hey she's worth it. Tis the life of a trader mom.
    Cherish the time with your children. You can trade any time.
    05-16-13 12:33 PM
    If you're into gaming, here's another avenue BB is getting into. Pretty cool demo of the controller with the Z10.

3rd Party Game Controllers for BlackBerry 10 Phones (Video)
    Lucas Atkins
    By Lucas Atkins on May 16, 2013 at 11:17 am Filed in Video No Comments

BlackBerry is baking in direct 3rd party game controller support in Unity. This allows game controllers from Moga and Steel Series to be used with a BlackBerry Z10 when playing a supported game.

The controllers do sync to the BlackBerry Z10 via USB, but exhibit no latency. For the Moga controller, there is a dedicated “holster” to enclose the device.

We sat down with BlackBerry’s gaming R&D guru, Sean Paul Taylor, to give a full walkthrough of the currently supported 3rd party gaming controllers. Check them out in the video below:

3rd Party Game Controllers for BlackBerry 10 Phones (Video) - N4BB
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 12:36 PM
    I guess Tim Long isn't long on BBRY.
    But I bet he sure is short in the pants!
    tygros and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-16-13 12:37 PM
    I'm not really making a comparison to anything, just pointing out that a lot of smartphone buyers are choosing Samsung.
    yeah, sorry, I've been quite tough on that one.
    "Relevant" was not the proper word, but i'll take the bad in full.
    timberdc likes this.
    05-16-13 12:40 PM
    I think it's brilliant...what no one is considering is the methodical and calculating mindset of TH...he's going to win and he has a plan, no deviations, no rushing to please a few critics...just work the plan to achieve victory.

IMO of course..

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your thinking.
    05-16-13 12:41 PM
    from my earlier post above:

"We even bumped into Thorsten Heins in the hotel bar at 2am on Tuesday"

I think we need to get him to come the the $100 party.
    05-16-13 12:50 PM
    Is BlackBerry Live done yet or can we expect to hear something wonderful at the closing remarks?
    05-16-13 01:02 PM
    Is BlackBerry Live done yet or can we expect to hear something wonderful at the closing remarks?
    It be done. Don't expect any more announcements.
    05-16-13 01:05 PM
113,250 ... 10171018101910201021 ...