View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Very true.

The "not good BlackBerry" was because "BBM 2.0" has been in beta on BlackBerry's for a while, even before iphone and Android. Why would they go gold on those two platforms before their own? If they were truly that close, they could've launched on BB10 first or at the least simultaneously.

The way I see it, dropping video on those platforms implies they saw a need to drop something new to attract more/new users on those platforms, make news, and to counter the effect of Bocking's departure. In that respect at least they are capable and willing to do what it takes to make news to counter the bad. That is very different than how the old management seemed to do things. And that is good.

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is to go live for BlackBerry as well today. It's not available for everyone yet it seems but should be by days end. Of course my understanding could be full of misunderstanding but that's how I understood it.
    02-13-14 10:49 AM
    The way I see it, dropping video on those platforms implies they saw a need to drop something new to attract more/new users on those platforms, make news, and to counter the effect of Bocking's departure. In that respect at least they are capable and willing to do what it takes to make news to counter the bad. That is very different than how the old management seemed to do things. And that is good.
    Promise : "we are going multi platform"
    Proof : "you'll even get it first in many locations"

... now get ready for some bitter rants in the forums.
    I'm ok with that, I can wait a few days (even as Elite, I didn't get the 2.0 Beta)
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    02-13-14 10:57 AM
    I believe it is to go live for BlackBerry as well today. It's not available for everyone yet it seems but should be by days end. Of course my understanding could be full of misunderstanding but that's how I understood it.
    So your believe is based on the understanding that what you understood is based on your misunderstanding? LOL ;P
    02-13-14 10:57 AM
    Sounds good.

John Chen: ‘I thought the world would be better off with a strong BlackBerry’

Chen on BlackBerry
    John Chen believes BlackBerry Ltd. may be a “fixable thing,” so he jumped at the chance to take the top job at the embattled smartphone maker.

“I thought the world would be better off with a strong BlackBerry,” Mr. Chen tells Forbes.

“You know, the company has 44,000 patents. And I thought it might be a fixable thing. It will be a difficult challenge, but if it were going to be easy, why do it?”

Mr. Chen was hired to replace Thorsten Heins, who left the company after it abandoned a takeover deal and the launch of its new models flopped.

Mr. Chen tells Forbes, however, that it’s “not all about volume,” and he pointed specifically to the BlackBerry keyboard as a leg up.

“You have CEOs of major companies who whip out their BlackBerrys because of the keyboard,” he says.

“They don’t care about apps. And, by the way, from a security point of view I’m starting to worry about where these apps are actually coming from.”

There’s also the issue of security, for which BlackBerry has a sterling reputation.

“I have two companies in Europe now that have reversed their policies on letting people bring their own devices to work,” Mr. Chen says.

“It presents too much of a security risk. After Angela Merkel was hacked she moved straight to a BlackBerry.”
    02-13-14 10:59 AM
    So your believe is based on the understanding that what you understood is based on your misunderstanding? LOL ;P
    Well, let me say this about that . . . or was it that about this?
    02-13-14 11:02 AM
    Well, let me say this about that . . . or was it that about this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=K9F5xcpjDMU
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-14 11:04 AM
    These two days are going to be very interesting.
    (and I make my little prayer) Get this BBM division apart and inject tons of cash into it.(/prayer)

Would be to hard to separate the BBM division, as it relies on the same NOC as all of BlackBerry's other services and is so integrated into BB10. But yes as a separate division they could seeking outside investments to try and raise additional "star-up" funds to help offset development cost and operationally cost that are currently a drain on BlackBerry.

Afraid BBM is in the same boat as everything else BlackBerry.
    02-13-14 11:10 AM
    #bam !
    This is how we must advertise BBM 2.0. Free phone calls ... so basic yet so appealing !

BBM iOS, Android users can soon make free phone calls | Mobile - CNET News
    02-13-14 11:19 AM
    #bam !
    This is how we must advertise BBM 2.0. Free phone calls ... so basic yet so appealing !

That is exactly what I just told my stepson! And, send the message out on our extended family BBM group too.
    plasmid_boy and rarsen like this.
    02-13-14 11:24 AM
    That is exactly what I just told my stepson! And, send the message out on our extended family BBM group too.
    Are we missing video? I need to see it all on their cross platform package.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    02-13-14 11:50 AM
    Might be waiting to see if the actual launch is a cluster or not.

2 months of beta testing hopefully means things go off without a hitch.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:53 AM
    I have a funny feeling there were deals because of video and they decided to pull it and launch rather than wait. Probably the right idea. Also when they launch video will be another PR release and a mother chance to make a noise.

On the subject of people leaving. I don't think it is a huge deal. The business will change a lot and some people were there for almost 20 years.

I really think that prem would have carefully thought out the decision of who to bring in as Chen was basically placed by Prem.

I am sure they would have discussed strategies before pulling the trigger. It does seem a bit odd that prem bought morel recently if he saw this bad news come out.

Buy it does say something that he did buy more.

10.2.1 out
    BBM 2.0 out
    BES10.2 out
    QNX auto looked good.
    Need jakarta and some BES10 sign ups and we are good.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:55 AM
    I suppose that's coming next. They didn't promise video with this one to the best of my knowledge - unless I missed it? Still, I think BBM 2.0 is an important step. Before now, I couldn't really convince huge numbers of people that BBM was different enough from WhatsApp to switch. This changes that situation entirely. Video and Screen Share and a few other improvements in '3.0' or whatever it will be called will make BBMx the complete package...hopefully we can see it within the next 3-4 months, or buy the summer at least.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:59 AM
    #bam !

Honestly wondering if the rest of the business world and consumers in the major markets ever pay for phone anymore or if it is like the US plans with unlimited or high # of minute plans with data?

For those I know, having free calls won't be a reason to switch, they already have unlimited or hundreds of minutes a month they don't use. Will video will use data? When will carriers push back on this type of capability.

For developing countries moving to FoxComm BB and those type of devices I get it, but is there any money there?

Great they finally rolled it out, but I don't see how it really helps BBRY or the bottom line in a material way. It DOES help with perception of BBRY and that it is moving and getting things done.
    02-13-14 12:25 PM
    Honestly wondering if the rest of the business world and consumers in the major markets ever pay for phone anymore or if it is like the US plans with unlimited or high # of minute plans with data?

For those I know, having free calls won't be a reason to switch, they already have unlimited or hundreds of minutes a month they don't use. Will video will use data? When will carriers push back on this type of capability.

For developing countries moving to FoxComm BB and those type of devices I get it, but is there any money there?

Great they finally rolled it out, but I don't see how it really helps BBRY or the bottom line in a material way. It DOES help with perception of BBRY and that it is moving and getting things done.
    It's a huge help with international calling. Also, BBM need to be 'one app to rule them all'. The need to make Viber and WhatsApp etc. sort of pointless, and this means covering all those bases.

I think the power of BBM to change brand culture and perception is worth the money spent on it. It's got to be cheaper than advertising in the usual way, and far more effective. Having that little BlackBerry logo on millions of Apple and Android phones Will make a difference once/if people become attached to it. They will be far more likely to give a BlackBerry 10 phone a shot if they already love BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 12:33 PM
    Morgan+8. You, of all people, must know that on the second date you only get to second base. The home run comes a bit later in the game. LoL
    02-13-14 12:38 PM
    It's a huge help with international calling.
    ^^ THIS ^^ absolutely, including 4 Enterprises...
    02-13-14 12:48 PM
    Morgan+8. You, of all people, must know that on the second date you only get to second base. The home run comes a bit later in the game. LoL
    02-13-14 12:58 PM
    We have discussed this in the past but more details have emerged about what you agree to if you want to carry GAPPS:

http://www.benedelman.org/news/021314-1.html

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    georg4BB likes this.
    02-13-14 01:01 PM
    Assuming you get a third or fourth date....and not the cold shoulder because you performed so poorly on the 1st and 2nd dates.
    02-13-14 01:06 PM
    anticipated this dump a week prior to the release of new phones by foxconn. Thank-you manipulators
    02-13-14 01:31 PM
    Quick note. BBM update for BlackBerry devices is live. I just updated

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, zyben, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-13-14 01:40 PM
    International calls were not on my radar. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.
    02-13-14 01:40 PM
    BBM 10.2 is A.W.E.S.O.M.E !

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, georg4BB, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    02-13-14 01:47 PM
    Looking forward to it. Still nothing in the UK yet. This stuff isn't chained to carriers at all is it??

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 02:02 PM
113,250 ... 24202421242224232424 ...